Login

russian armor

Royal Artillery Regiment

3 Mar 2017, 08:20 AM

Yeah but it comes at 6cp and can't hurt jack shit (will miss vetted infantry and tickle tanks' paint jobs, even on penetration)
by that time even if it doesn't get blown to kingdom come by a real medium.

And as long as it has the radar ability being able to spam for both fighting and recon reasons it is a bad idea. That is why I suggested limiting radar to one.

In addition my point was not that it should not receive some sort of buff but that comparing to AEC only in DPS is misleading.

Finally If one want infantry kills one can simply use it to crush it one of the best crushes in the game.
3 Mar 2017, 09:32 AM

'Weapons of World War II'
Alexander Ludeke
Parragon Books Ltd
It might be out of print now, I got it nearly a decade ago.

Thank you, yeah it looked to be super cheap used <5$cad shipped. o.O
3 Mar 2017, 15:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Mar 2017, 08:20 AMVipper

And as long as it has the radar ability being able to spam for both fighting and recon reasons it is a bad idea. That is why I suggested limiting radar to one.

In addition my point was not that it should not receive some sort of buff but that comparing to AEC only in DPS is misleading.

Finally If one want infantry kills one can simply use it to crush it one of the best crushes in the game.

How does one spam valentines without getting totally steamrolled? Like I said, they're not the best combat tank and come at 6cp, so aside from crushing, which is a death sentence for the valentine because almost every axis infantry squad has panzerfausts or actual AT, it won't be able to kill stuff at the time when it hits the field. It's also only 30 fuel more plus tech to just spam Cromwells, which literally do two times the damage to tanks on penetration, can crush inf almost just as well, and can actually hit and splash on infantry. Valentine basically exists for the maphax, which is cheesy, but that's the whole point of the thing.
3 Mar 2017, 18:40 PM

To be clear, I don't think it should have good combat capabilities and something as good as a maphack, but my view is that it should be given something less cheesy than maphax, but along the same lines, and more effective AI capabilities to complement the AEC and help with reaching vet1 (for the ability), maybe a long with a 1-2 cp reduction.
3 Mar 2017, 19:46 PM
Donator 33

The Valentine's capabilities at this time dont warrant removing any of its abilities. It requires supervision by an anti tank gun and AEC or a proper medium. Not to mention when in the recon mode it becomes completely non combative like the IR searchlight half track. Also to point out it takes three barrages to destroy an okw truck, with amble time between to repair. If this commander is steamrolling anyone, the "OP" factor is just an alternative fact for player failure.
3 Mar 2017, 20:01 PM

The Valentine's capabilities at this time dont warrant removing any of its abilities. It requires supervision by an anti tank gun and AEC or a proper medium. Not to mention when in the recon mode it becomes completely non combative like the IR searchlight half track. Also to point out it takes three barrages to destroy an okw truck, with amble time between to repair. If this commander is steamrolling anyone, the "OP" factor is just an alternative fact for player failure.

Basically my point about the valentine. Also a fair point about trucks, as the concentration fire ability has a pretty long cooldown and sturmpios have sanic repair speeds, especially when overvetted with a panzershreck or given a minesweeper.
3 Mar 2017, 22:08 PM

How does one spam valentines without getting totally steamrolled?....

Now you can not spam them but if ones increases their combat efficiency one has to reduce their utility.

The problem would not be so much in 1vs1 but in large game modes where one could have total map hack and efficient combat units at the push of button.
4 Mar 2017, 03:58 AM
Donator 33

Vipper, what are you talking about lol. Thats not planned in WBP or in live version now. you cant spam the Val and win.
4 Mar 2017, 09:00 AM

Vipper, what are you talking about lol. Thats not planned in WBP or in live version now. you cant spam the Val and win.

Let me try to explain to once more since it seems that you have not read the posts.

It has been suggested that damage of the valentine gun should go up and I am simply saying that changes in valentine should be done carefully since it does provide a maphack ability.

Imo restricting "observation" to 1 would solve this problem and open the way in buffing the valentine.
4 Mar 2017, 19:07 PM
Donator 33

Your passive aggressionisnt really needed mate. The Valentine is static with the ability on so you would need 2 to cover one tiny area. and the two together can still not defeat a microed P4. Buffing its gun wouldn't make it a spammable unit as it still lacks the speed and armour to combat a P4. Find a real issue to be upset with.
4 Mar 2017, 19:16 PM
Patrion 14

i like this commander to a great degree in 3v3+ and to a relatively equal degree in 2v2s.

The 100 muni arty can be called in the fog of war ... and there is OKW on the enemy team. nuff said.
4 Mar 2017, 22:51 PM

Your passive aggressionisnt really needed mate. The Valentine is static with the ability on so you would need 2 to cover one tiny area. and the two together can still not defeat a microed P4. Buffing its gun wouldn't make it a spammable unit as it still lacks the speed and armour to combat a P4. Find a real issue to be upset with.

I have no idea why you are offended, but it was not my intention. I simply responded to your comment that creates the wrong impression of what I post in this thread.

I never claimed that one could spam Valentines and win nor did I claimed that there was some changes planed in the WBP.

The only logical explanation I come up with, for how you misrepresented my views is that you have not read my posts.
5 Mar 2017, 17:24 PM
Donator 33

Vipper, you waste alot of people time on this forum. Dont explain your way out of the garbage piles you leave everywhere. If you are going to create a hypothesis, stand by it.
6 Mar 2017, 05:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Mar 2017, 22:08 PMVipper

Now you can not spam them but if ones increases their combat efficiency one has to reduce their utility.

The problem would not be so much in 1vs1 but in large game modes where one could have total map hack and efficient combat units at the push of button.

I think you may have missed my point. I had agreed with smith that a map hack and a shitty tank thing is a cheap, heavy-handed way to make the valentine synergize with the doctrine. Something a little more subtle would be nice, but that would probably (IMO) come with combat improvements to keep the unit's usefulness balanced out.
6 Mar 2017, 09:21 AM

I think you may have missed my point. I had agreed with smith that a map hack and a shitty tank thing is a cheap, heavy-handed way to make the valentine synergize with the doctrine. Something a little more subtle would be nice, but that would probably (IMO) come with combat improvements to keep the unit's usefulness balanced out.

And what I suggested is to make the Radar ability an upgrade similar to command vehicle limited to one.

Then one can balance the Valentine as medium/light tank and add penalties to radar ability upgrade if one has to, similar to the command vehicle upgrade.
6 Mar 2017, 09:45 AM

I'd be in favour of improving the Suxton and in exchange remove the fire in shroud component of the arty. Not needing sight is just out of line with every other ability in the game.

Being on the death end of this in 3v3+ games is painful, there is no counter to it and nothing you can do to stop them just bombing your buildings non stop. At least if they had Suxtons like Priests you have options to fight it, seems fairer for everyone.

But as it stands now, just spam munitions points and make some OKW players life a living hell when he retreats. The pain of it all...
6 Mar 2017, 15:51 PM

I feel like I'm the only one who's actually tried using the Valentine for combat use.

Seriously, I have real trouble trying to vet this thing but seems to be taking forever.

1. Its vet one ability is complete trash (sextion barrage requiring a sextion what?).

2. No damage buff with vet nor reload buff (80 damage and almost 6 sec reload is pitiful).

3. Has low armour (compensated for its speed I supose).

4. A real pain in the ass to try and vet in general.

5. Comes out too late to do anything (only used for maphack mainly).

Note: these are just my problems I have with it.

Seriously, the extra health at vet 3 is really nice and being one of the few vehicles to get a receive accuracy buff also is nice too but is near impossible to achieve.

I don't care if maphack becomes a vet one ability instead so people will friggen use the dam thing offensively to earn it instead of letting the bloody crew jerk-off in their tank off the front line as soon as it hits the field.

7 Mar 2017, 20:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Mar 2017, 09:21 AMVipper

And what I suggested is to make the Radar ability an upgrade similar to command vehicle limited to one.

Then one can balance the Valentine as medium/light tank and add penalties to radar ability upgrade if one has to, similar to the command vehicle upgrade.

Exactly. Or change the nature of the ability entirely, which is what I kinda gravitate towards.
7 Mar 2017, 21:05 PM

I feel like I'm the only one who's actually tried using the Valentine for combat use.
Seriously, I have real trouble trying to vet this thing but seems to be taking forever....

True probably the best way to vet the unit is to use it for crushing.
7 Mar 2017, 22:09 PM
Donator 33

Dont fix what isn't good enough to be broken. Make the radar ability upgrade why? The range of this ability is minimal, just like the sextants range. If a player is purchasing multiple Valentine's znd sextants, he has no army. And in team games this is a non issue as axis have the Same ability to have one player sit back and spot for his team with multiple IR lights. Both the Valentineand IR trackcannot fight when using thier map hax. Sorry but a very tough sell to complain about a mediocre tanks ability when making more than one of tgem does nothing but shoot youin the foot.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★