Login

russian armor

[OKW] unreachable veterancy, veterancy in general

24 Feb 2017, 20:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2017, 19:45 PMVipper

All team weapon squads have 1.25 acc modifier or ?
24 Feb 2017, 21:03 PM

All team weapon squads have 1.25 acc modifier or ?

No, ATG have target size 1. (maybe the USF one has 1.25)

Rakketen crew has 0.85
25 Feb 2017, 13:53 PM

IMO Obers need their vet 4 suppression removed and be made more reliable from the start instead.
25 Feb 2017, 16:05 PM

I always am sad when my Obers get to vet 4 and stop dealing nearly as much damage.

I always thought OKW should be capped at vet 3, and infantry/vehicle vet 4 and 5 be locked behind a fuel upgrade. And/Or an upgrade for infantry/vehicles to start at vet 1.
25 Feb 2017, 16:29 PM

I don't think it's possible to vet. 5: ... Panzer 4, ...

Well, I did get a Panzer IV to vet 5 in a 1v1 match, but not after killing like 2 Pershings (Basically, it's quite hard, however, vet 3 - 4 is quite achievable multiple times if micro properly)‎:

Also, once almost got a vet 5 Obers, but then the dude surrendered (1v1 match as well)... quite sad. Beside that, in terms of the topic, it's quite true that some units are quite impossible to achieve max vet in 1v1 (Larger team games are more possible, in my opinion, if they just know how to preserve better/if there isn't so much of a slugfest!). But that doesn't mean they haven't achieve their powerful potentials, vet 3 is a good vet to be at, further than that, they're just better than normal max vet, in my opinion.‎
25 Feb 2017, 16:47 PM

I always am sad when my Obers get to vet 4 and stop dealing nearly as much damage.

How? Passive suppression, passive healing (Vet 3), - 49% received accuracy in total for the smallest target-size squad in the game (from 0.7 down to 0.357), + 40% accuracy and - 25% weapon cooldown... That's god-like as f*ck! Maybe just me, but I love Obersoldatens the same way I love water. At least 1 of them and your army feels way much better in terms of AI. And then, not to mention the squad-spacing buff in the next patch, they gonna get way much better. If you still get them, keep doing it! That's very good!‎
25 Feb 2017, 18:01 PM

As enemy gets suppressed, they get somekind of RA buff.
25 Feb 2017, 21:13 PM

How? Passive suppression, passive healing (Vet 3), - 49% received accuracy in total for the smallest target-size squad in the game (from 0.7 down to 0.357), + 40% accuracy and - 25% weapon cooldown... That's god-like as f*ck! Maybe just me, but I love Obersoldatens the same way I love water. At least 1 of them and your army feels way much better in terms of AI. And then, not to mention the squad-spacing buff in the next patch, they gonna get way much better. If you still get them, keep doing it! That's very good!‎

Late game I need my Obers to inflict as much manpower bleed on my opponent as possible.

As as great as the buffed RA for the Obers themselves is, it's rarely small arms fire that kills off my Obers.

I don't mean to say Obers are useless or underpowered though.
Vaz
26 Feb 2017, 04:20 AM

Is the vet requirements vastly different? OKW is pretty unforgiving to play against, so if the OKW player is doing well, then there isn't like a resurgence or anything, it's just end of game. Allied weapons typically have to expose axis to 2 or 3 times the firepower axis has to expos allies to, specifically in armor battles. This severely limits how much xp you can gain from fighting allied opponents. It does the opposite for allies, so you should expect to see more veterency on allied units.
26 Feb 2017, 09:07 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

I caught a legendary pokemon once. This felt infinitely better.
26 Feb 2017, 09:14 AM

I caught a legendary pokemon once. This felt infinitely better.

Lol. What does it actually do better at vet 5? Was it noticeable?
26 Feb 2017, 09:21 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Lol. What does it actually do better at vet 5? Was it noticeable?

Recieved accuracy bonus of -29% and passive suppression.

It did dodge a jackson and an m1 57mm round. The suppression also worked decent enough when you could get long sustained bursts off. So yeah I noticed it, but it's not game changing vet bonuses and you can't expect your kubel to do much more than a vet1. Essentially it goes back to the role it starts in where it harrasses infantry with your squads tanking the damage. The big vet bonus imo is vet 3 where you get the self heal out of combat.
26 Feb 2017, 12:38 PM

Recieved accuracy bonus of -29% and passive suppression.

It did dodge a jackson and an m1 57mm round. The suppression also worked decent enough when you could get long sustained bursts off. So yeah I noticed it, but it's not game changing vet bonuses and you can't expect your kubel to do much more than a vet1. Essentially it goes back to the role it starts in where it harrasses infantry with your squads tanking the damage. The big vet bonus imo is vet 3 where you get the self heal out of combat.

Self heal on kubel :sibDZ:
28 Feb 2017, 10:39 AM

I've personally got almost every unit to vet 5 as okw, Flak Halftrack might be the only one I haven't managed to get to vet 5 so far
28 Feb 2017, 12:43 PM

To get to vet 5 you need the unit to do insane amount of damage, and if it did, then you've already won the game, that's the problem. A vet 5 tank means it killed pretty much everything your opponent had.
It's sad because okw's bonus levels of veterancy are a cool flavorful aspect that helps make the army unique, but then it very rarely comes into play beyond volks.
To me it would just make more sense for levels 4 and 5 to take as much exp as level 3, with bonuses adjusted so it's not too crazy.
28 Feb 2017, 12:55 PM

Permanently Banned
To get to vet 5 you need the unit to do insane amount of damage, and if it did, then you've already won the game, that's the problem. A vet 5 tank means it killed pretty much everything your opponent had.
It's sad because okw's bonus levels of veterancy are a cool flavorful aspect that helps make the army unique, but then it very rarely comes into play beyond volks.
To me it would just make more sense for levels 4 and 5 to take as much exp as level 3, with bonuses adjusted so it's not too crazy.

Exactly, i don't think OKW benefit their 5 vet. system which makes it gimicky feauture.
28 Feb 2017, 16:01 PM

Remember in the new patch some units share vet, so some of these units (noticeably the kubel) which was not usable after minute 8 because it could not stay in the fight to gain vet, and its scaling was too slow to keep up, will still have some role. Vet 5 kubel is actually quite good at harassment, it can suppress lone squads easily, self heals, and moves like the devil.

This change was not applied in the final patch, it was tested, and may appear in the future.
28 Feb 2017, 16:12 PM

Permanently Banned
Remember in the new patch some units share vet, so some of these units (noticeably the kubel) which was not usable after minute 8 because it could not stay in the fight to gain vet, and its scaling was too slow to keep up, will still have some role. Vet 5 kubel is actually quite good at harassment, it can suppress lone squads easily, self heals, and moves like the devil.

First, you need to reach vet 5. to bee QUITE good. OKW many times don't make sense. Like scavange salvage "buff", spend extra timo salvaging just for lousy additional munition, oh c'mon. Or Elite armor, repair abilitie, cost more and does less. I have no comments about fire doctrine, since it sucks in general.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 33

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight