Login

russian armor

[OKW] unreachable veterancy, veterancy in general

23 Feb 2017, 19:51 PM

Permanently Banned
Hello,

What do you think about units with veterancy that is almost imposible to reach, talking about almost every unit that OKW has, max you top vet 3 and if you are lucky vet 4, I exclude Volks, since they are sorta OK with vetting them up. Even in team games is very hard to vet. units and benefit veterancy bonuses.

Compared to allied units, specially brit units, for example mortar pit will reach max vet. in no time, same goes for Comet tank and other units that vet up with little effort.

Yeah, I know OKW is the only faction to have vet. 5, but how they are gonna benefit it if it is unreachable. Even if they have vet 5, the benefits you get are not so great.

OKW 5 vet. pokemon hunt.

Catched pokemons:
*****Panther
*****Raketen
*****Kubel

23 Feb 2017, 20:09 PM

Well. OKW is a lategame faction after all. So it takes some time to get them there.

but when they do.. dear god, there's nothing stopping you if you can micro well. Perhaps strong arty/infantry spam, which should be relatively easy to deal with if you know what you're doing.
23 Feb 2017, 21:33 PM

PaK 43s vet in like a min tops if there are a few tanks in it's sector of fire, I mean seriously.

Support units like the Leig, Sturmtiger and Stuka take forever to reach vet 5 tho, I can agree with that.

Their tanks and infantry are reasonable tho.
23 Feb 2017, 21:45 PM

Be careful what you wish for. Some OKW units are almost unstoppable at vet 5 and Allied units must wipe them with indirect fire to fight. On the other hand some vet is not even noticeable (KT vet does little).

Sturms with shreks nearly guaranteed to get vet 5 as long as they survive.

If you think vet 5 is hard to reach on OKW I encourage you to watch some high level play. The Ostwind gets vet 5 in many games, and I have seen at top level play multiple of them with vet 4+ in a single game, not out of the range of reason at all.

Having vet also forces your opponent to dive for high vet level units, so while the unit may die forcing uneven trades results in stronger and stronger map control for the OKW player. For instance, losing a vet 4 Panther but requiring the trade of 3 cromwells is a trade up. Even though the next Panther will be vet 0 he is going to be looking at vet 0 croms as well. Vet is a tool and a resource.

Finally, comparing to Brit units, which have vet accelerators (tanks) or have minimally important vet (mortar pit) is a bad idea. Brits are also in line for some looks at their vet and vet gain speeds.

Pak 43 vet is hard to get because of its high priority for Allied players and its inability to move, not because it is hard to get there. If it does get to vet 5 if effectively means that any Allied tank that wanders into range is going to die, and that means IS2, ISU152, whatever. The RoF is so high and the range is noticeably longer. It also rotates so quickly even a damaged engine is enough to place your tank in real jeopardy.
24 Feb 2017, 01:07 AM

Lol that screen shot, surely that's a bug in some way?

There are some OKW units that I have difficulty seeing vet for but I don't know if it's my own fault or not.

I had a couple of vet 5 Jagdtigers in 4v4 maps before. Mic drops right there.
24 Feb 2017, 11:10 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2017, 01:07 AMNano
Lol that screen shot, surely that's a bug in some way?

There are some OKW units that I have difficulty seeing vet for but I don't know if it's my own fault or not.

I had a couple of vet 5 Jagdtigers in 4v4 maps before. Mic drops right there.

Ostwind, don't know if it's a bug or what, but i had to do some serious work to get to vet 4.

I don't think it's possible to vet. 5: panther (command too), sturmtiger, stuka, leig, MG34, raketen, kubel, Panzer 4, AA FlakHT (LOL).
24 Feb 2017, 11:34 AM

Ostwind, don't know if it's a bug or what, but i had to do some serious work to get to vet 4.

I don't think it's possible to vet. 5: panther (command too), sturmtiger, stuka, leig, MG34, raketen, kubel, Panzer 4, AA FlakHT (LOL).

I've seen and had myself vet 5 panthers and P4s. Stuka can get vet 5 too, especially in 4v4. AA HT is too fragile, so yes, almost impossible. Same to mg34, kubel and raketen. Leig gets vet5 easily if enemy prefer static play, and you managed to survive rocket barrages. ST is lol, coz it needs to kill like 15 t-34s to get vet 5.
24 Feb 2017, 12:14 PM

vet5 rakketen, kubel,
...nerver seen
24 Feb 2017, 13:38 PM

Feels to me like a lot of OKW's units veterancy ranks are things that they should have from vet 0 on and were just introduced to get 5 vet ranks.

Which is of course shitty because you still have to get those extra two vet levels, which are extremely hard to get, as it's always double the amount of XP required as the previous level.
24 Feb 2017, 14:11 PM

Permanently Banned
vet5 rakketen, kubel,
...nerver seen

It's like playing pokemons, find the rarest one. Lets play a game, let's collect all vet. 5 OKW units.

I start with Panther.

Little background: 4v4 match, timer almost an hour, did lots of damage, killed lots of tanks. Later died of cancer.

24 Feb 2017, 14:16 PM

vet5 rakketen, kubel,
...nerver seen

Dude before the Kubel change, having a Vet5 Königskübel was the shit.
Also Raketens are amazing at Vet5, you just have to use them more offensive instead of like a PaK.
24 Feb 2017, 15:09 PM

The issue with vet speed has to do with the XP value of they unit and XP value of its targets.

Units that can only harm infantry like the Hezter have a hard time vetting up.
24 Feb 2017, 15:09 PM

Dude before the Kubel change, having a Vet5 Königskübel was the shit.
Also Raketens are amazing at Vet5, you just have to use them more offensive instead of like a PaK.

raketen die often by the first shot from a comet/ cromwell/ sherman/ t34

or a morta shell----it die to fast
24 Feb 2017, 15:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2017, 15:09 PMVipper
The issue with vet speed has to do with the XP value of they unit and XP value of its targets.

Units that can only harm infantry like the Hezter have a hard time vetting up.

turn it aournd and look how fast allie units vet...why? cause axis unit are often expansiver and die faster than terminator rifles/isg/penals
24 Feb 2017, 16:13 PM

Lets play a game, let's collect all vet. 5 OKW units.

24 Feb 2017, 16:48 PM

How to get raketten to vet 5 ?

Let it die, man it with survivable squad, profit
24 Feb 2017, 17:04 PM

How to get raketten to vet 5 ?

Let it die, man it with survivable squad, profit

Explosion damage totally ignore "survivable squad" ;D
24 Feb 2017, 18:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2017, 17:04 PMBlalord

Explosion damage totally ignore "survivable squad" ;D

I know but even tanks often have 3 hmgs firing in raketten (hulled,coaxial and pintle).

Also rakettens get often killed by flanking infantry when retreating
24 Feb 2017, 19:45 PM

I know but even tanks often have 3 hmgs firing in raketten (hulled,coaxial and pintle).

Also rakettens get often killed by flanking infantry when retreating

Actually the Rakketen squad has smaller size than V.Gs, S.P, P.F and Fall.
24 Feb 2017, 20:32 PM

Facing a vet 5 command panther in teams games is mostly a sure loss for allied players, especially if the armies are big still.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★