Login

russian armor

Sovs vs leigs.

20 Feb 2017, 06:53 AM

Iam kinda tired of double leig abuse. Especially on small maps like faymonville approach, where leigs can shell your base just from the middle of the map. Of course there is katy but it comes too late, when leigs hit vet 4 with a huge range. Leigs bleed and wipe your squads during the match very heavily. It is very hard to flank leigs with your infantry because they are always standing near the AA HQ or med HQ. Every game i have to go in guard mortar to counter leigs. Usf and brits have calliop and land mattress which are helping them to counter this tactic. To my mind it is better to reduce the range of leigs (after nerfing calliop and land mattress of course).
20 Feb 2017, 07:16 AM

Oh my fucking god...

OKW are complaining of Maxim spam.
Both Axis are complaining of Brit mortars.
Sovs are complaining of double leigs.

WHEN DOES IT END?!

20 Feb 2017, 07:42 AM

Oh my fucking god...

OKW are complaining of Maxim spam.
Both Axis are complaining of Brit mortars.
Sovs are complaining of double leigs.

WHEN DOES IT END?!

Never son
20 Feb 2017, 08:10 AM

OP has a point. Its difficult to deal with double LEIGs.
Don't know how t fix that though.
20 Feb 2017, 08:23 AM

I know, remove leig as it is bad anyways and give OKW T0 mortar with smoke.:nahnah:
20 Feb 2017, 08:27 AM

Run them down with a T70.

Use another squad (penals/cons) to distract the Flak HQ to shoot them instead of your tank (the OKW player can NOT order the target of the Flak HQ!). Another approach would be to smoke the FlakHQ with a mortar. A T70 should kill a LeIG in not more than 5-8 seconds.

Also usually you get a T70 much faster than the OKW player builds his Flak HQ. In addition, two LeIGs cost almost 700 MP which prevents the OKW player from having a large army. Also MedHQ means no Luchs, no Puma, no Stuka. If you manage to steal a LeIG it is a big Fuck You to the OKW player.

As you are talking about Faymonville, it means you are referring to 1v1 gameplay where double LeIG - especially against Sovs with huge team sizes - is no effective way to go. LeIGs are a main problem as Brits in 2v2 but 1v1 as Sovs should be doable :)
20 Feb 2017, 08:50 AM

Run them down with a T70.

Use another squad (penals/cons) to distract the Flak HQ to shoot them instead of your tank (the OKW player can NOT order the target of the Flak HQ!). Another approach would be to smoke the FlakHQ with a mortar. A T70 should kill a LeIG in not more than 5-8 seconds.

Also usually you get a T70 much faster than the OKW player builds his Flak HQ. In addition, two LeIGs cost almost 700 MP which prevents the OKW player from having a large army. Also MedHQ means no Luchs, no Puma, no Stuka. If you manage to steal a LeIG it is a big Fuck You to the OKW player.

As you are talking about Faymonville, it means you are referring to 1v1 gameplay where double LeIG - especially against Sovs with huge team sizes - is no effective way to go. LeIGs are a main problem as Brits in 2v2 but 1v1 as Sovs should be doable :)
Yeah rushing so easily with t70 is possibale if okw doesnt have pupchen and volks near. I dunno abut large armies, but for example panzergrenadierangriefen had 2 leigs and volks blobs with mg34s. Only guard mortar was managed to counter this shit. Also, of course you can kill leig in a 8 seconds, but okw can just recrew it and continue to get free wipes and kills. I would rather fight with puma/luchs/stuka then running from leigs rockets.
20 Feb 2017, 08:59 AM

Don't 120s beat the lefg? Moreso if you keep them out of sight
20 Feb 2017, 09:15 AM

2 Leig cost 660 MP

I don't belive that SOv can deal with it

I think All map should be taken by Sov
20 Feb 2017, 10:15 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Most indirect fire becomes intolerable when in pairs. Single mortars can have a low impact but duel mortars can op. The same can be said about Liegs, Pack Howitzers, and even 600mp artillery. This is why in my opinion way also the Mortar Pit is bit strong, along with its range. With longer ranges, it hard to deal with indirect fire. Of course the best way to displace them is to get in close. So assault/close range infantry are probably best. For Soviets, that would be Penals, Conscripts, and Shocks. Guards are a bad idea since they need to stand still to let up to four weapons to fire and at close range indirect fire is pinpoint accurate.
20 Feb 2017, 10:29 AM

Dual mortars/leigs are hard to deal with in 1v1 due to map size. Take Faymonville: Its so small they can shell you from just outside their base (and in the southern start points, just outside the base mgs range) and a vehicle dive its just a gamble, there are two clear aproaches to flank them, both can be easily mined to snare your vehicles to be finished by volks or grens. On the otherside kholodny offers a lot of flanking routes and most of the fighting will be near the middle of the map, so that indirect fire units will be exposed or overextended.

I'm currently doing some experiments with a M5 rush with guards and ppshcons to see what can be done
20 Feb 2017, 11:41 AM

if you cant destroy the t4 then its pretty much a head ache dealing with them. u cant always rush katty
V-T
20 Feb 2017, 12:15 PM

Smoke barrage in front of the gun, and get in close & personal with strafniye. Satchel the truck, flame the Leig, snatch the gun, and GTFO and return the favor.

...if all goes well, but we know it won't. So back to drawingboard.
20 Feb 2017, 12:17 PM

I know, remove leig as it is bad anyways and give OKW T0 mortar with smoke.:nahnah:

That's what I said in another topic lol.

But in all honesty, you can't nerf the leig since double leig is the only answer the OKW has to the mortar pit.
20 Feb 2017, 12:30 PM

maybe remove the auto fire and make it similar to the pak howi, instead the auto firing sniper that it currently is
20 Feb 2017, 13:10 PM

Similar to pak howie? Huge buff.
20 Feb 2017, 13:33 PM

maybe remove the auto fire

Has already been done in the past. Nobody used it anymore.
Too much micro for a unit that does do little damage.

A solution could be, leave barrage precision as it is right now (for countering the mortar pit), but make auto fire much less reliable.
Same for all indirect fire option, cause this current artillery meta fucking sucks.
20 Feb 2017, 14:46 PM

The main problem is in range. It has a really big arc of fire and it is very far. With the vet it becomes bigger. At the end it can fire on a half of a map from the base if we have a medium size map.
20 Feb 2017, 18:08 PM

It has the same range as the 120mm and mortar pits and a single leig is not able to deal with russian maxim spam, especially when they are garrisoned and need very little micro on maps like Faymonville to be effective. 2 of them eat up 18 Pop cap, so there is some risk involved with that build as well. If there is some other way for OKW to deal with entrenched stuff I'm all ear (no flamers, no mortars).

Would you have a related replay available to support your claim?
20 Feb 2017, 18:19 PM

yeah, lets give every faction a T0 mortar. what could only go wrong? **cough** BALANCED usf mortar **cough**
more symmetrical "balance" pls..
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS