Login

russian armor

Smoke/Phosphorus shell reproduction steps request

16 Feb 2017, 15:47 PM

.. and I suppose that this stopping thing is also part of the reason why AEC treadshot seems to be derping so much; nobody in their right mind would use it while moving.

I'll check it out next. Also please don't trust me completely, I might be overlooking something. But so far it seems consistent.

BTW all tests are on the 1.8 WBP

EDIT: Ok, with the AEC, the source of the problem is likely similar, but the behavior is funkier:

1. Keep it stationary and it will work, as long as there's unbroken LOS.

2. Activate while stationary, then start moving - the ability will work (assuming, of course, that the rate of turret rotation permits you to get the 2 shots off in a certain timeframe) unless you come to a full stop again - not the deceleration thingy.

3. If the AEC is already moving when the order is issued 1 of 2 things happens:
3.1 If the destination of the move is nearby, the ability fails immediately;
3.2 If the destination is further away (not sure what distance exactly), the ability works as point 2 - it's fine unless you stop completely.

In any case I get the feeling that the slow turret rotation is probably at fault for the clunkyness of the ability as much as the bugs.
22 Feb 2017, 23:02 PM

I'll check it out next. Also please don't trust me completely, I might be overlooking something. But so far it seems consistent.

BTW all tests are on the 1.8 WBP

EDIT: Ok, with the AEC, the source of the problem is likely similar, but the behavior is funkier:

1. Keep it stationary and it will work, as long as there's unbroken LOS.

2. Activate while stationary, then start moving - the ability will work (assuming, of course, that the rate of turret rotation permits you to get the 2 shots off in a certain timeframe) unless you come to a full stop again - not the deceleration thingy.

3. If the AEC is already moving when the order is issued 1 of 2 things happens:
3.1 If the destination of the move is nearby, the ability fails immediately;
3.2 If the destination is further away (not sure what distance exactly), the ability works as point 2 - it's fine unless you stop completely.

In any case I get the feeling that the slow turret rotation is probably at fault for the clunkyness of the ability as much as the bugs.

Cheers.

I think I managed to reproduce the bug, and I think I found a workaround for the Cromwell/Comet smoke thing. The trick was setting allow_targetted_abilities_while_moving to False in the SBPS file. In this case, the Cromwell/Comet etc will stop to fire the shell, just like the Sherman stops when it is about to fire its smoke. However the player can quickly order a fresh move command either way.

In either case, this is a win-win for Cromwell/Comet since the safe way of firing the shot off is the exact same procedure. This just automates it and takes error off the player's hands.

Unfortunately, the same workaround doesn't seem to completely work for the AEC, as the 2nd shot can still bug, according to the steps that you described. However, it does help with getting the first shot off.

23 Feb 2017, 14:40 PM

28 Feb 2017, 20:55 PM

Hi Smith,

I dont have a replay per se, however after having a game with the new patch, the Comet's nade ability did not work.

This was with the very latest patch.
Tested with both stationary tank and moving tank.
28 Feb 2017, 21:04 PM

It's only the Churchill's nade ability that has been fixed.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★