Login

russian armor

New modder!! A lot of modding questions!

17 Feb 2017, 11:47 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2017, 07:12 AMHarry
BUT, the mortars in the trench do not show any animations when doing Barrage( I have changed "show passenger animation" to TRUE. Do you know what is wrong with it?
For the autofire issue. I have figured out what was wrong by myself.It was because, For some reason, when the mortars get into the trench. They will automatically follow the trench sight data in epbs. I have fixed it by increasing the sight max radius of the mortar trench. BUT!It seems like this is a bad idea. Because, since all the mortars and a weapon that more than 60. Some of them even having a range of 120. It is radiculose when I changed the mortar sight to 130.It could literally have a vision that more than the half-length of a map. Do you any better idea to fix my autofire issue?

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2017, 21:01 PMHarry
I totally understand. But, right now. For some reason. When the mortars get into the trench. It will be automatically limited by the sight of the trench(whatever I set the trench into natural or not). So, just pretend the trench has only 35 range in max sight angle. Then the mortars inside it can only auto attack the targets inside that range.( I set the mortar autofire weapon range to 70, so it should be able to attack any target inside 70 range). I realized it by changing the sight of the trench 100, then the 82mm mortar(which has a range of 70) work fine. But for 120mm mortar( which has a range of 120) won't attack anything outside 100 range, however, I could still ground attack everything in 120 range.I know it is kind of unbelievable. But, I guess there should be something wrong with the trench epbs!

Yes, there is something wrong with the trench ebp. You used a version that probably hasn't been touched since before the game's release :D It would have been better to base your mortar pit on the Ostheer or British trench instead.
To properly enable auto-attack, you need to set "use_building_target_scan_radius" in the mortar pit entity's hold_ext to False. Otherwise, only the building's sight is used to calculate if a unit garrisoned inside it can fire.

The barrage animations don't look right because the auto-attack weapon is not disabled by the barrage ability, so it keeps firing while the barrage weapon is also firing. This is because your new mortar weapons do not have the proper parent hardpoints. For the mortar entity's new hardpoints (6 and 7), you need to set "parent_hardpoint" to 1.

[...] the murky waters of modding emplacements/garrisons [...]

That, my good sir, is a very good description of what emplacements look like in the AE :D
18 Feb 2017, 06:28 AM

Yes, there is something wrong with the trench ebp. You used a version that probably hasn't been touched since before the game's release :D It would have been better to base your mortar pit on the Ostheer or British trench instead.
To properly enable auto-attack, you need to set "use_building_target_scan_radius" in the mortar pit entity's hold_ext to False. Otherwise, only the building's sight is used to calculate if a unit garrisoned inside it can fire.

The barrage animations don't look right because the auto-attack weapon is not disabled by the barrage ability, so it keeps firing while the barrage weapon is also firing. This is because your new mortar weapons do not have the proper parent hardpoints. For the mortar entity's new hardpoints (6 and 7), you need to set "parent_hardpoint" to 1.

That, my good sir, is a very good description of what emplacements look like in the AE :D

Thank you Planet Smasher. My mortar pit finally worked:lolol::crazy:.
I really appreciate your help. Thank you very much!!!!

But, sorry. Could you please answer me another question.
I don't really know how to changed a commander's ability individually. To be more specific. I know how to change an ability once and for all( Change one ability for all the commanders that own it), but not for one specific ability for a specific commander. For example. I want to change Guard Rifle Company Guard Troops dispatch into something else. But, for the other Guard troops owned commanders. I don't want to change them? Do you know is there any way to make it happen.( I had set up a new dispatch ability, a new crossbanding upgrade, and a new commander ability)

Thanks for helping me solve my really nooby-like problems, I still have a lot to learn.
18 Feb 2017, 12:20 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Feb 2017, 06:28 AMHarry
Thank you Planet Smasher. My mortar pit finally worked:lolol::crazy:.
I really appreciate your help. Thank you very much!!!!

But, sorry. Could you please answer me another question.
I don't really know how to changed a commander's ability individually. To be more specific. I know how to change an ability once and for all( Change one ability for all the commanders that own it), but not for one specific ability for a specific commander. For example. I want to change Guard Rifle Company Guard Troops dispatch into something else. But, for the other Guard troops owned commanders. I don't want to change them? Do you know is there any way to make it happen.( I had set up a new dispatch ability, a new crossbanding upgrade, and a new commander ability)

Thanks for helping me solve my really nooby-like problems, I still have a lot to learn.

As I said, it's no problem. I just do my best to help the modding scene grow!

I wrote about adding and modifying commander abilities in this thread:
https://www.coh2.org/topic/57379/modding-commander-abilities

If you have any more questions after reading that, please ask them in the other thread, so people with similar questions can find them more easily!
19 Feb 2017, 08:20 AM

As I said, it's no problem. I just do my best to help the modding scene grow!

I wrote about adding and modifying commander abilities in this thread:
https://www.coh2.org/topic/57379/modding-commander-abilities

If you have any more questions after reading that, please ask them in the other thread, so people with similar questions can find them more easily!

Thanks, All of my problems have been solved, Finally:clap:!
I really appreciate your help. Thank you very much. Danke( in your language DEDE), 非常感谢 (in my languageCNCN)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 32
unknown 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment