Login

russian armor

Artillery Cover

How do you think artillery cover is performing?
Option Distribution Votes
25%
70%
6%
Total votes: 69
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
7 Feb 2017, 21:57 PM

Following this thread (https://www.coh2.org/topic/59096/tactical-support-regiment-aka-arty-cover-clutch) I would like to make the community decide how this ability is performing.

8 Feb 2017, 12:44 PM

I think, and this is just my opinion, that the doctrine was solely chosen because of that single ability, and for nothing more, everything else in it is sub par and from MY personal observations is VERY rarely used.

That doesn't mean that nobody can use it or build a good strategy around it, all I'm saying is that it was mostly chosen due to that OP ability before it's nerf and not for any of it's other abilities.

Most Brit players I see either go Mobile Assault, Vanguard or Special Weapons, Support is just the odd duck of the bunch, unlike the American support which at the very least has the Calliope in it which was also nerfed but at least it's still viable.
8 Feb 2017, 23:29 PM

its OP on small maps such as crossing in the river to where its AOE is within the base, and on top of that the ability does attack units outside the radius.

unlike sector artillery, your getting the most bang for your buck, there is no show, there is no wasted rounds. all rounds hit directly on your infantry and tanks. maximum effectiveness with no counter play except for complete removal of the area, which, is a pretty large area.
9 Feb 2017, 00:33 AM

I voted underperforming becuase I don't think we need 2 threads on the same ability on the 1st page.
9 Feb 2017, 00:44 AM

I think, and this is just my opinion, that the doctrine was solely chosen because of that single ability, and for nothing more, everything else in it is sub par and from MY personal observations is VERY rarely used.

That doesn't mean that nobody can use it or build a good strategy around it, all I'm saying is that it was mostly chosen due to that OP ability before it's nerf and not for any of it's other abilities.

Most Brit players I see either go Mobile Assault, Vanguard or Special Weapons, Support is just the odd duck of the bunch, unlike the American support which at the very least has the Calliope in it which was also nerfed but at least it's still viable.

Most of its abilities are not really that useful in a practical game. I mean, really? Two squads of salvaging REs at 4CP? Airdropped team weapons? Most people would rather use commandos or land mattresses, and it doesn't really fill in for the brits' weaknesses like other docs do. It would be cool if it was usable though.
9 Feb 2017, 07:22 AM

I voted underperforming becuase I don't think we need 2 threads on the same ability on the 1st page.

i like your kind of thinking. It reminds me on my 2 years old child.

Alone the salvage is OP in this commander...i mean: 160fuel in 20sek from a KT and a panther? really?

as OKW u get 5-15fuel...
9 Feb 2017, 07:38 AM

i like your kind of thinking. It reminds me on my 2 years old child.

Alone the salvage is OP in this commander...i mean: 160fuel in 20sek from a KT and a panther? really?

as OKW u get 5-15fuel...

You got proof of that?

And I can only imagine what's it like if your child is half the person you area...
9 Feb 2017, 08:18 AM

You got proof of that?

And I can only imagine what's it like if your child is half the person you area...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GulOHolWYpc&t=158m0s

Watch Paula's fuel before and after salvage.
9 Feb 2017, 08:39 AM

member the Penal threads?
9 Feb 2017, 09:04 AM

You got proof of that?

Yeah..i have it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GulOHolWYpc&t=158m0s

look at his fuel while he salvage
9 Feb 2017, 11:49 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GulOHolWYpc&t=158m0s

Watch Paula's fuel before and after salvage.

Well ok then, however like I already mentioned, I've seen Tactical Support used very few times in my presence so naturally I have no experience with it. Thought it was just the OKW's salvage copy paste.
9 Feb 2017, 11:53 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Well ok then, however like I already mentioned, I've seen Tactical Support used very few times in my presence so naturally I have no experience with it. Thought it was just the OKW's salvage copy paste.

It's more like Tank hunter scavenge. Value of each vehicle wreck is all over the place, but unfortunately is out of scope. It's like someone just randomly assigned values to them.

I THINK THEY FIXED IT, but scavenging an ambulance gave like +200 muni.
9 Feb 2017, 12:10 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Have fun to watch the game. How much skill the allies had on this map vs mixed axis team.

https://www.coh2.org/replay/59133/tough-2vs2-on-trois-point
9 Feb 2017, 14:02 PM

Have fun to watch the game. How much skill the allies had on this map vs mixed axis team.

https://www.coh2.org/replay/59133/tough-2vs2-on-trois-point

a good example what i mean.

What do we see here? We see allies opponent which are on low/mid skill lvl (dood to seen on start: they didnt take togehter one gas on right side vs one ost player....they didnt cap left side about 11minutes at start! == axis have much gas adavantace at start)

- they struggle much and lose much (3 morta places in early minutes)
- axi bring out KT and elefant...allies have only t34 and one comet

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOW with call ins from both allies they screddert alle axis armor and infantery

win, cause arty, call ins OP comet (which is to powerfull vs infantery and armor (hello poor panther))

no much need to say, except: allies doen`t need much skill...only the right commanders and a click into the enemy army.
9 Feb 2017, 14:12 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

a good example what i mean.

What do we see here? We see allies opponent which are on low/mid skill lvl (dood to seen on start: they didnt take togehter one gas on right side vs one ost player....they didnt cap left side about 11minutes at start! == axis have much gas adavantace at start)

- they struggle much and lose much (3 morta places in early minutes)
- axi bring out KT and elefant...allies have only t34 and one comet

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOW with call ins from both allies they screddert alle axis armor and infantery

win, cause arty, call ins OP comet (which is to powerfull vs infantery and armor (hello poor panther))

no much need to say, except: allies doen`t need much skill...only the right commanders and a click into the enemy army.

When you have the right map for it yes.

Pretty sure on rails and metal they had lost hard!

But acually Joris is no noob. BUt he played like a in this game.
2 OKW would be better on this map, but then you need 1 OKW player picking a doc with artydrop vs soviets arty. Ost is so weak when you lose unit and get new vet 0 outs.

I really can't belive, that we lost vs this gamestyle lol.
9 Feb 2017, 14:48 PM

in such city map i chossen often a doc where i can use falls or storms....to take out tanks and suport weopans ....panzergreandiers works really good on urban maps..or a doc where u have smoke on tanks/ per call-in (my actually fav)

9 Feb 2017, 17:04 PM

It's more like Tank hunter scavenge. Value of each vehicle wreck is all over the place, but unfortunately is out of scope. It's like someone just randomly assigned values to them.

yeah, tank hunter is pretty crazy, if you get a engineer with the upgrade, you can just recycle your t34s non stop
9 Feb 2017, 18:12 PM

Lul.

My thoughts are that you sacrifice so much by picking tactical support (as opposed to vanguard or advanced assault, etc.) just to get arty cover and a strange call-in that gives you equally strange salvage returns, so it's basically fine.
9 Feb 2017, 19:34 PM

Nope, I've been Dank Hunting lately and its definitely not fixed. When you're near pop in 2v2s, its quite possible for a Yank so sacrifice ambos to keep up AT Bombs or Arty Cover.
9 Feb 2017, 22:59 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

When you have the right map for it yes.

Pretty sure on rails and metal they had lost hard!

I really can't belive, that we lost vs this gamestyle lol.

You lost it on the matching/veto stage :P

Nope, I've been Dank Hunting lately and its definitely not fixed. When you're near pop in 2v2s, its quite possible for a Yank so sacrifice ambos to keep up AT Bombs or Arty Cover.

Woops. You guys didn't hear it from me then :ph34r:

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS