Login

russian armor

Tactical support regiment (aka Arty cover clutch)

8 Feb 2017, 12:24 PM

As long as the arty ability is limited to specific area and requires LoS, I believe there's nothing OP about it. There are other abilities that require the player on the receiving end to evacuate an area before the ability runs out/is interrupted (Airborne Company P-47 rocket strike, Stuka cannon strafe, Sector Artillery, Close the Pocket), so the argument "you can't enter the area as long as it's active so you lose map control" is not unique to this ability.

So true, i dont get it, this strike dont wipe and only pin and make longer reload ?pff so op.. Meantime 180muni stuka can wípe like mini nuke but OK and stuka loteir is 2times better than p47 airborne. Honesty ukf bombing run at liene 4vs4 its more dangerous than arty cover maybe nerf that too and maybe delete ukf as faction (y)
8 Feb 2017, 12:29 PM

The greates cancer is jagtiger with elefant at stepes not artycover and i cant veto this map thx relic, sory its offtopic i know
8 Feb 2017, 13:35 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

E) If allies don't have arty cover, how you want to kill Ele/ JT on some maps? Its not possible^^ And i remember in the past, before arty cover was there, people complained about, that p47 kills their heavy tanks.

So yes they have to change arty cover again. But atleast they fixed the engiedamge crit allready.

For me it would be fine, when they fix it, that it can't shoot out of the circle anymore. That would be a great start.

And guys, you can write here 1000 threads more. Relic will not watch this thread. But when you guys feel better, go on and write :)

1- P47 is still strong against heavies, it just misses medium when they are still + airborne units are less desirable than just going Rifles. Support weapons drop costing mp rather than muni makes its less desirable as well.
Before UKF was introduced, countering them was a matter of AT gun wall + mass medium. Offmaps + mark vehicle + button + snares + zooks + blocking pathing. Any combination of those. Elephant is not as scary as it was for a long time (70range) and JT commander doesn't have anything to counter arty.
With UKF you can just play double PIAT RE which at that stage reinforce for 13ish mp.

2- I'll like it to leave it as strong as it is now, but limit it accessibility. Let it be counterplay by denying either FoP or command vehicle. You could also balance it so it's around the same powerlevel as ANY OTHER OFFMAP in the game.
You can't be AT, AI, suppression, pinpoint tracking, huge AoE, long duration, free will casting zone.
IF 10-8 is REALLY good/OP, 7-6 is balanced, 5 need slight changes and 1 is crap then:

Note: that i'll consider some abilities where they perform their best (map,teamgame or 1v1, countering, etc)

3- I think we all know Relic doesn't visit this place anymore. But does it really matter when they are practically handing the balance to the community? I think it's more about influencing the general opinion and giving ideas to those who can actually implement the changes to the game.
8 Feb 2017, 14:50 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

If someone touch Arty cover should touch the planes for all factions and avoid the great detour to an ability without planes as Arty cover.

Currently there are very tanks that are untouchable to allies (JT,ELE)and if they join a huge mass of heavy tanks at some times (KT, STiger, etc) It is impossible to make at least 1 hit.
8 Feb 2017, 19:25 PM

Just compare twarty cover to Ostheer and Soviet versions.

Light artillery barrage, lol. Incendiary barrage, good but hardly in the same league.

It's a ridiculous ability and needs to be toned down. I don't care if they town down everything to Ostheer and Soviet level
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 49
Germany 8
Korea, Republic Of 2
Germany 44

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %