Login

russian armor

Stuka dive bomb

Vaz
6 Feb 2017, 22:52 PM

That reminds me, is that decap intended? It's extremely unusual.
7 Feb 2017, 16:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Feb 2017, 22:52 PMVaz
That reminds me, is that decap intended? It's extremely unusual.

It is intended, it says so in the text and it has been that way since launch. I think it adds a very unusual piece which is nice, since that is not replicated in other abilities.
7 Feb 2017, 18:57 PM

This ability is op in team games, with muni caches is too much spammable. Only 160 without smoke, a team game (2v2 games too) is supposed to be full of noise, mortars, rocket arty, tanks, ecc. The real problem is that if you are not with your screen near the point of dive bomb you hear the noise too late, so for 160 muni, still if you are a good player, you can easily miss the noise and lose all Your infantry or support guns. Defintely need to add the smoke like every offmap abilty. You can dodge, 3 or 4 times this bomb, but with okw flare is to hard to hear in time if you are microing other units; cause you can't hear the recon and try to prevent spreading Your units.

+1

I do think the AOE still needs nerfed tho it should do less damage farther from center of the blast. Right now like anything in the rather large circle is wiped to shit. Mostly i find it a problem when im playing USF because of the fwd retreat and they need it on some maps. ambulance never makes it out in time and a lot of time major and maybe a rifle too because the models tend to trip on top of eachother when mass retreating. I have no idea why they ninja buffed it to begin with just because CAS got a huge nerf during that time but was well deserved.

They really like dropping it on your fwd retreat as USF when your engaged in a tank battle at the same time which really makes it difficult when your trying to constantly rearrage your back field and fighting with your micro intensive paper tanks at the time.
7 Feb 2017, 19:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Feb 2017, 18:57 PMRocket

+1

I do think the AOE still needs nerfed tho it should do less damage farther from center of the blast. Right now like anything in the rather large circle is wiped to shit. Mostly i find it a problem when im playing USF because of the fwd retreat and they need it on some maps. ambulance never makes it out in time and a lot of time major and maybe a rifle too because the models tend to trip on top of eachother when mass retreating. I have no idea why they ninja buffed it to begin with just because CAS got a huge nerf during that time but was well deserved.

They really like dropping it on your fwd retreat as USF when your engaged in a tank battle at the same time which really makes it difficult when your trying to constantly rearrage your back field and fighting with your micro intensive paper tanks at the time.

If you use forward retreat from the Major that is a risk/reward decision, and if you mass retreat more-so. However, currently you are not even safe in your home base which means that you might as well use the major since it makes no difference, they can get sight easily and just drop it at home when you retreat.

Realistically with the AoE it has many units struggle to get out of the circle. Also when you play against good players they often drop it on likely retreat paths or movement directions so you will still get wiped even more so for moving.
7 Feb 2017, 20:04 PM

If you use forward retreat from the Major that is a risk/reward decision, and if you mass retreat more-so. However, currently you are not even safe in your home base which means that you might as well use the major since it makes no difference, they can get sight easily and just drop it at home when you retreat.

Realistically with the AoE it has many units struggle to get out of the circle. Also when you play against good players they often drop it on likely retreat paths or movement directions so you will still get wiped even more so for moving.

Wich is why just smoke flares alone would help to see where the bomb is going to hit if i want to try to escape instead of bein forced to retreat. Usually its the first one they drop that gets me if i make a mistake or they make a good prediction or cannot hear it in time, in 2v2 the arty okw flares are a huge problem because there super spammable so it could be comming from an ost teamate at any time. Unlike regular rcon where i can expect the possibility of a call in.
To be hones i think arty flares are a bit op, especially in 2v2 makes it about impossible to set up any suprsing flanks, mines, etc. Not
To mention it comes with command panther even adding to the vison. They need to be like riflemen flaires where they can only be fired so
Far from a volk squad.
7 Feb 2017, 23:31 PM

BS, the CAS loiter for 200 ammo is one of the best offmaps in the game, put that into relation with the P47 attack. The relation between the stuka bomb and the british air supremacy is already linked above. The german light artillery barrage may not be as strong as it's allied counterpart, but it's cheaper, can still destroy artillery in 1 go and comes down faster.

Each offmap strike packs quite the punch, however they all come with a an obvious warning which significantly reduces casualties by those weapons. The stuka bomb is the exception, for no reason.

Well it would be good if it didn't instantly get shot down by the asston of free AA OKW has on the field by default.
8 Feb 2017, 04:04 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Feb 2017, 02:34 AMVaz
Yea, you have to figure out where the bomb is going to drop based on the loud noise. It's not OP at all, not even with the giant area of effect.

To be fair the sound doesn't always play and tends to not be enough time for a reaction. Stuka Dive bomb is a stupid ability, if I was a deaf player I would hate it 10x more. Not only did its AOE get overly buffed (past the visuals in fact) but it is also used in cheese. Along with the countless Base bomb drops of 3000 hours as well as it being cheap as hell, its hard to see where this ability couldn't use with a slight price increase and a slight AOE reduction.

NOTE: I don't want the ability to be removed but a slight reduction in AOE and a trade of either time till drop or price should be considered
8 Feb 2017, 04:43 AM
Donator 33

Even if you pick the right place where the stuka strike is coming down its AOE is unforgiving given pathings tenancy to be so forgiving *cough cough*. To note as well, if its not ridiculous for something with only a loud noise for warning to have a high AOE then the B4 203mm should be rebuffed with a slower shell speed. Then when players hear the B4 boom they can use the mega easy stuka dodge tutorial of "oh its easy I have 10 seconds to guess out of my spread units during this players push which one of mine is the target.

8 Feb 2017, 05:18 AM

Even if you pick the right place where the stuka strike is coming down its AOE is unforgiving given pathings tenancy to be so forgiving *cough cough*. To note as well, if its not ridiculous for something with only a loud noise for warning to have a high AOE then the B4 203mm should be rebuffed with a slower shell speed. Then when players hear the B4 boom they can use the mega easy stuka dodge tutorial of "oh its easy I have 10 seconds to guess out of my spread units during this players push which one of mine is the target.

Yeah that too, if stuka strike is fine without a visual indicator, shouldn't B4 be usable again?
8 Feb 2017, 05:19 AM

I believe that the wbp is removing the ability to base-bomb with the stuka now though (thank goodness).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★