Login

russian armor

Stuka dive bomb

3 Feb 2017, 00:18 AM

How come, out of all the strafes, loiters, and barrages, Stuka dive bombs drop no smoke? I just want to see what people think about this topic, it's not even that op or anything. It would be nice, however, to me, if you could see around where the strafe was called in. Thoughts?
3 Feb 2017, 01:30 AM

The loud noise is the indicator
Vaz
3 Feb 2017, 02:34 AM

Yea, you have to figure out where the bomb is going to drop based on the loud noise. It's not OP at all, not even with the giant area of effect.
3 Feb 2017, 03:30 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Feb 2017, 02:34 AMVaz
Yea, you have to figure out where the bomb is going to drop based on the loud noise. It's not OP at all, not even with the giant area of effect.

I see what you did there
3 Feb 2017, 03:41 AM

This ability is op in team games, with muni caches is too much spammable. Only 160 without smoke, a team game (2v2 games too) is supposed to be full of noise, mortars, rocket arty, tanks, ecc. The real problem is that if you are not with your screen near the point of dive bomb you hear the noise too late, so for 160 muni, still if you are a good player, you can easily miss the noise and lose all Your infantry or support guns. Defintely need to add the smoke like every offmap abilty. You can dodge, 3 or 4 times this bomb, but with okw flare is to hard to hear in time if you are microing other units; cause you can't hear the recon and try to prevent spreading Your units.
3 Feb 2017, 18:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Feb 2017, 02:34 AMVaz

Yeah that's kind of what I was thinking. Played a game the other day where I was usf and I had a defensive line set up with a .50 cal, a mortar, and some 1919 paras. I heard the bomb coming so I retreated my paras and .50, but the bomb ended up wiping both (and destroying the gun) along with the mortar because he had called it in farther back than I thought. I was thinking "well if it was railway arty there woulda been smoke and I woulda moved up, retreated the mortar, and lost nothing. That was why I created the thread but I also understand that I am slightly allies biased.
3 Feb 2017, 18:23 PM
Senior Referee Badge

How come, out of all the strafes, loiters, and barrages, Stuka dive bombs drop no smoke? I just want to see what people think about this topic, it's not even that op or anything. It would be nice, however, to me, if you could see around where the strafe was called in. Thoughts?

It's pretty easy to "see" a dive bomb.

0. Does your opponent use any form of recon and you know his or his team mates commander has the dive bomb.
Keep on the look out for the sound.

1. Do you have a Howitzer/b4/Leifh/anything kind of arty/emplacements? If not, continue to question 2.
If your answer is yes, your kind of arty is dead unless you can move it like a calliop or katusha or sexton or idk what else more arty that can move. If it's a steady arty gun like b4, it's rip.
Make sure that if you have emplacements you brace them if the sound of the falling bomb is the loudest near the emplacements.

2. Do you have a big tank like an isu? If not, continue to question 3.
If your answer is yes, you can hear by moving over the battlefield where the bomb will drop. If the sound of the falling bomb gets louder the nearer you move to a certain place you will know it will drop there. If you move away from this certain place the sounds will get less loud. If you notice the sound is the highest near your isu for example: move your isu.

3. Do you have clumped up tanks/units that move slowly? If not continue to question 4.
If so, make sure to use sprint abilitys for infantry to move them out of the way asap so at least one memeber of the squad will survive. If you have clumped up tanks, make sure to move them out of the way, but all in a different way. Also, watchout for pathing issues.

4. Do you not have any form of artilley or big tank or clumped up units?
The player is a noob and just used a stuka dive bomb to kill your bunker or static mg :foreveralone:

Dive bomb is easy to dodge unless you are on the retreat or have a static artillery piece. You will then have to counter the dive bomb next time by making an anti-air vehicle like an aa halftrack or an upgraded soviet halftrack or a centaur. If your opponent want's to kill your static artillery piece or throw a dive bomb in your base he will have to throw recon. Your halftrack/centaur will kill the recon which will mean he can't throw the dive bomb

Bye problems with stuka dive bomb :wave:

3 Feb 2017, 18:45 PM

so u get how many seconds to have to move ur screen to find out exactly where its at so u dont move ur units the wrong way and lose every unit u bought most of the time? u gotta find the sound then move slow ass units....in how many seconds? and is that really enough? becuz other strikes have flares and are close to same times to hit after use to. this needs a flare... its not fair at all no matter how pro u are if ur focused on something else ur probably going to lose ur troops..
3 Feb 2017, 19:29 PM

Remove the ability, that it can bomb in your HQ - area. It is too much game-changer.
3 Feb 2017, 19:38 PM
Senior Referee Badge

so u get how many seconds to have to move ur screen to find out exactly where its at so u dont move ur units the wrong way and lose every unit u bought most of the time? u gotta find the sound then move slow ass units....in how many seconds? and is that really enough? becuz other strikes have flares and are close to same times to hit after use to. this needs a flare... its not fair at all no matter how pro u are if ur focused on something else ur probably going to lose ur troops..

7 seconds i believe. Enough if you get used to it.
3 Feb 2017, 22:17 PM

7 seconds i believe. Enough if you get used to it.

Not enough for crew weapons when consider huge AoE.
Timer has 10secs, but bomb lands around 13secs.
You can hear sound around 6-7sec (which leaves 9sec to land)
Then you have 2-3sec to find where it's gonna hit and move units out (6sec before land)
If you used for this 4sec you are doomed thanks to huge AoE.

For units like pack howie it is insta death 9/10 times.
3 Feb 2017, 22:26 PM

Not enough for crew weapons when consider huge AoE.
Timer has 10secs, but bomb lands around 13secs.
You can hear sound around 6-7sec (which leaves 9sec to land)
Then you have 2-3sec to find where it's gonna hit and move units out (6sec before land)
If you used for this 4sec you are doomed thanks to huge AoE.

For units like pack howie it is insta death 9/10 times.

Never did work out why they gave it a 100% ninja buff last year...
3 Feb 2017, 22:27 PM

It's impossible in the heat of battle to avoid this thing,especially when you have your army scattered...
By the time you find the units that are targeted,they're gone...
This ability is retarded and should be changed in some way.
3 Feb 2017, 22:37 PM

0. Does your opponent use any form of recon and you know his or his team mates commander has the dive bomb.

1. Do you have a Howitzer/b4/Leifh/anything kind of arty/emplacements? If not, continue to question 2.
If your answer is yes, your kind of arty is dead unless you can move it like a calliop or katusha or sexton or idk what else more arty that can move. If it's a steady arty gun like b4, it's rip.
Make sure that if you have emplacements you brace them if the sound of the falling bomb is the loudest near the emplacements.

If your answer is yes, you can hear by moving over the battlefield where the bomb will drop. If the sound of the falling bomb gets louder the nearer you move to a certain place you will know it will drop there. If you move away from this certain place the sounds will get less loud. If you notice the sound is the highest near your isu for example: move your isu.

3. Do you have clumped up tanks/units that move slowly? If not continue to question 4.
If so, make sure to use sprint abilitys for infantry to move them out of the way asap so at least one memeber of the squad will survive. If you have clumped up tanks, make sure to move them out of the way, but all in a different way. Also, watchout for pathing issues.

The player is a noob and just used a stuka dive bomb to kill your bunker or static mg :foreveralone:

Dive bomb is easy to dodge unless you are on the retreat or have a static artillery piece. You will then have to counter the dive bomb next time by making an anti-air vehicle like an aa halftrack or an upgraded soviet halftrack or a centaur. If your opponent want's to kill your static artillery piece or throw a dive bomb in your base he will have to throw recon. Your halftrack/centaur will kill the recon which will mean he can't throw the dive bomb

I mean yeah, but you could apply that to pretty much any offmap arty. I usually do dodge it pretty well, but I just found it strange that there's no smoke indicator to only this ability out of every other offmap ability in he game.
Vaz
3 Feb 2017, 22:48 PM

Well no it's not like pretty much any offmap arty. When it hits, it appears to do equal damage in the entire AOE. The very fringes allow some vehicles to escape with just some damage, infantry are gonners. Other arty comes down with multiple small impacts in the known target area, which gives you time between shots landing. The bomb is pinpoint with accuracy, other arty is not (railway goes way off the mark sometimes). It's pretty cheap and unstoppable. Making AA doesn't stop it from getting used on you, because the plane doesn't get shot down immediately, the player will have a chance to call the bomber.
4 Feb 2017, 00:01 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Snip

And then you have "invisible" spotting options on which your opponent can't know where you have vision on (spotting scope/OKW flares for ex.).

This is one of those abilities that scale really well with game modes. Balanced on 1v1, manageable on 2v2, stupid on 3v3+.

Only problem with Stuka is: why the hell was it ninja buffed when it was already balanced. #justninjathings.
Vaz
4 Feb 2017, 00:26 AM

what was the buff?
4 Feb 2017, 00:58 AM

Permanently Banned
+ 1 to Magic nad elchino7, ability is to broken, price, no flayers, huge AOE, in meta doc its easy to use with scope and panther command flayers.
4 Feb 2017, 02:18 AM

Stuka dive bomb, the central balance issue of our days.
......hahahah.
But seriously, all that needs to be done is make it impossible to be dropped in the base sector....et voila, we're good.
4 Feb 2017, 14:09 PM

It is not fair. It requires too much effort to read your tutorial.

[Tutorial]How to dodge a normal off-map ability with flares?

1. Move your troops out of the red flares.

Bye problems with all kind of off-map ability.

When this simple tutorial comes into comparison, it seems that SDB is simply too op that people have to read thousands of word to learn to dodge it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★