Login

russian armor

What should be BUFFED with certainty?

27 Jan 2017, 19:57 PM

What do you think should be slightly buffed in terms of performance? This goes for both Axis and Allies.

Me? I'd prefer the Churchill getting an small armor buff, because my (possible lack of)experience with this tank is... mediocre. Its really just an veterancy pool for any smart AT- gun, and its counterpart in tech, The Comet, is far superior if properly used, which cant be completely said about the Churchill.

Now sure, There's no doubt in its ability to provide possibly the best infantry support operations in the game, but its Anti- tank performance is just poor, a bit too poor for such a high- priced tank. A well- managed P4 can take it out(but that can be said about any medium tank, so its not truly an argument.)

Regardless, im certain a small armor buff, at the expense of its health pool, should make it a more viable choice to go for as brits, esspecially in urban scenario's.

I'm interested in every opinion, but please. Be respectfull to eachother.
27 Jan 2017, 20:26 PM

For certainty- Greyhound, Para Combat Group, and M3 Call-In for USF. The Panzer Commander Upgrade for Elite Armor is terrible and needs buffed and so does the Flame Hetzer (borderline certainty) for OKW. I'd say Assault Grens for OST and probably Assault Engis as well - neither of them scale worth a damn. The tiny call-in AT Gun for Soviets is also pretty bad. I agree with Churchill for Brits too and definitely the Valentine Tank.

Other units like Shock Troopers and Obers are "good enough" but could probably get tweaked to perform up to cost.

27 Jan 2017, 20:39 PM

Churchill for sure, 25 pounders in some way, maybe the Mortar pit to make it more versatile.
Rear Echelons maybe? Some of the USF call-ins could do with some work. See above reply.
Flame Hetzer for OKW.
Some of the heavy tanks could be buffed.
28 Jan 2017, 00:47 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Churchill for sure...

...Some of the heavy tanks could be buffed.

Heavy tanks are more or less fine, Churchill is honestly fine also. More like the Pershing and Comet needs to be brought in line with the others. The Churchill is more of a support tank. Combine it with At guns and you got a reliable damage soak. It is really hard to lose a Churchill because it is tanky and it has good acceleration/turn rate so pathing is not really an issue. The veternacy it gives away is not that important if it can not be killed.

17 Pounder needs a population decrease from 20 to 14ish and perhaps if becomes too popular then lock it behind anvil.

Stormtroopers need a price reduction from 340 to 300ish

Ostheer Teching needs fuel costs balanced out for the 4th tier. Perhaps instead of building another building, have the 3rd tier side tech to the more powerful options such as the bofors and AEC. The timing can be adjusted with the length of the research time of the upgrades.

The greyhound is largely fine, it is just in a bad commander. If anything the armored skirts could be cheaper. For the commander, the paradrop combat group needs to be changed and the IR pathfinders needs major adjustment. I have created a mod that turns them into a two man sniper unit. Also their barrage call in's needs to reach farther and be able to target within the fog of war.

The tiger ace needs to be reworked also.

British Recovery operations - too expensive

Lehf 18 and Ml-20 cost too much

Sexton and Priest? I honestly do not know. I never used them.

Kv-1 cost too much

28 Jan 2017, 02:06 AM

The priest was honestly insanely good before the calliope came around, its still great it just requires more micro and care then a calliope.

Sexton definitely needs a buff there is no point in getting it honestly.
28 Jan 2017, 02:33 AM

28 Jan 2017, 03:08 AM

OST P4
4-man Gren squad survivability/scaling
Maybe change tech requirements to allow OST to skip a tier
Would make OST great again!

for USF
Greyhound
IR Pathfinder
Pack Howie cost, popcap and crew - should be 4 man and decrew at 2
Mechanized and Recon Support Commanders

Soviets
late game Cons - scale even worse than Grens
Most commanders are garbage, at least until Cons fixed

Brits
Valentine and Sexton
28 Jan 2017, 03:22 AM

The sexton was bad, isn't as bad, but is still useless. I don't see a need for a weak expensive, high pop cap arty piece when I have a commander with the land mattress as an alternative option and far better other abilities.

The Valentine also needs to be adjusted to make it actually usable with the Sexton combo as it was intended.
28 Jan 2017, 03:37 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Invised one post for racist content.
28 Jan 2017, 07:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2017, 03:37 AMVuther
Invised one post for racist content.

Explain?
28 Jan 2017, 08:44 AM

IS-2, ISU-152, KV-1 - their price is too high / they are unreliable for its price
28 Jan 2017, 15:35 PM

Ost needs their Grens buffed, I am unsure if the WBP fixes that as I still cannot download it.

OKW needs the bullshit requirement on their MG34 removed, and again, the WBP may fix the need for this by buffing and fixing of the Flak HT but I am unsure.

UKF needs their mortar pit to be replaced, nobody can balance the mortar pit properly, nobody, it will always be either too useless, as it is now when the fighting is not near it, or too OP when the fighting is near it, and if you nerf it, you're cutting the British indirect fire capabilities by default since the base 25 pounders are pure bullshit and don't even perform the job they're made for.

And yes, I agree, the Churchill needs an Armor buff and a health nerf, as well as the KV1.

Soviets and USF I don't play as much so I can't really say.
28 Jan 2017, 17:14 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2017, 07:58 AMA table

Explain?

There was a post in this thread that contained plain-and-simple racist content, moderators like myself are supposed to clean up such stuff off the board and have the ability to make such posts invisible to everyone else...so I did.

As you can also tell, we're supposed to tell everyone we did. This ain't 1984.
28 Jan 2017, 17:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2017, 17:14 PMVuther

There was a post in this thread that contained plain-and-simple racist content, moderators like myself are supposed to clean up such stuff off the board and have the ability to make such posts invisible to everyone else...so I did.

As you can also tell, we're supposed to tell everyone we did. This ain't 1984.

Thats ok. I think i missed the reply with such language, so i was wondering.

Well, nice work then!
29 Jan 2017, 01:59 AM
Donator 11

Changes for the Churchill would be wonderful, cheaper, or maybe trade off armor for HP.
Pershing could use a slight health increase to make up for its poor pathfinding .
Sexton could use a range buff.
25 pounder could do with a 5 range increase to match Jagtiger range maybe have its pop come down.
As well as all of the call ins up top.
29 Jan 2017, 02:31 AM

Conscripts are mostly fine and don't need a real buff or late game scaling, just revert their previous nerf.

What needs a buff on Soviet side:

T34/85, IS2, KV1, ISU152.

Sick and tired of these tanks missing shots all the time even when shooting from rear or back side.
ISU152 doesn't do enough damage on tanks.

29 Jan 2017, 04:41 AM

IMO:

Soviets:
All kv tanks suck right now
Cons could use some nondoctrinal upgrade, maybe svts.
Shocks could use buffs somewhere.

Usf:
M20 still needs a cost decrease and stock armored skirts
Greyhound needs stock skirts too. Paratrooper support drop needs to be made useful somehow
Pathfinders could use a cost decrease, an ability, or a weapons upgrade (single 1919 maybe?). Would also be cool to see them at 0cp for more variety.
Rear echelons should either be 20 to reinforce or do a little more damage. Volley fire being useful would be nice as well.

Ukf:
Still needs some way to counter indirect fire spam.
25 pounders badly need a reworking. They dont really do anything right now.
Commandos could use an RA buff at vet3 (currently they are about 20% easier to hit than mainline infantry, despite being elite units).
Sexton could use a buff to put it on par with priest (unless they already did that, I don't remember). Valentine could come 1-2 cp earlier.
Normal Churchill badly needs some kind of buff to be viable lategame (as it's a lategame tank) and it'd be nice if the croc's main cannon didn't have a retarded mind of its own.
Aec pathfinding is laughably awful, coupled with horrible acceleration.

Okw:
Pz4 seems like it could use some more consistency with its main gun; it seems to me like it misses vehicles more often than other tanks.
Falls still seem really vulnerable to explosives related squad wipes, even more so than obers.
Mg34 should be good at something.
Raketen needs more consistency as well (unless they already fixed that with wbp).

Ost/wehr:
Grens should cost less to reinforce at vet3 (maybe like 26-28) considering that they get blown up all the time and don't have as much scaling potetial as rifles and
Wehr panther should be more like okw panther and maybe cost increased to 190 (since it only gets 3 vet levels)
Stormtrooper upgrades should cost a lot less.

Also, I think all engineer units should have their vet requirements reduced (except sturms, for obvious reasons).
29 Jan 2017, 07:22 AM

IMO:

Soviets:
Usf:
Ukf:
Okw:
Ost/wehr:

Also, I think all engineer units should have their vet requirements reduced (except sturms, for obvious reasons).

I agree with pretty much all of this.
29 Jan 2017, 09:57 AM

Leig aoe. OKW mg42 should be available from the start.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 42
Germany 33

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment