Login

russian armor

Button for <auto-match with mod patch>

26 Jan 2017, 14:24 PM

Please Relic:

Add a button for <auto-match with mod patch> on the auto-match screen. (Just below the regular auto-match button).

-This way testing of new patch would be a lot better.

-A little survey panel could popup at the end of a match to get some feedback.

-When no patch need testing, just gray out the button or better, add the option to select the a mod for auto-matching.

Thx.
26 Jan 2017, 18:19 PM

Please Relic:

Add a button for <auto-match with mod patch> on the auto-match screen. (Just below the regular auto-match button).

-This way testing of new patch would be a lot better.

-A little survey panel could popup at the end of a match to get some feedback.

-When no patch need testing, just gray out the button or better, add the option to select the a mod for auto-matching.

Thx.

great idea
26 Jan 2017, 20:08 PM

Even if it didn't affect rank, that would be a great way to help people find matches.
27 Jan 2017, 03:41 AM

+1

It's difficult finding people to play with
27 Jan 2017, 04:15 AM
Donator 11

I find it hilarious how people start their development proposal/demand with "add a button" and detailed description of where the button should be placed as if the only problem was the lack of button and not the feature. You are this type of guy who says "it looks like you have the whole system ready in record time" after you look at the first scetch of UI, are you not?

What is important is that there is currently no way of doing this in coh2 other than releasing beta version of game and paying steam for additional servers. And even if it was cost effective they probably wouldn't do it just not to split the playerbase. Remember that they even refused to split AT with randoms in team games? That's quite similar. They (and we) also already have experience with such beta tests, and as far as I remember it was really hard to find a match in reasonable time in both versions while they lasted.
27 Jan 2017, 04:17 AM

I find it hilarious how people start their development proposal/demand with "add a button" and detailed description of where the button should be placed as if the only problem was the lack of button and not the feature. You are this type of guy who says "it looks like you have the whole system ready in record time" after you look at the first scetch of UI, are you not?

What is important is that there is currently no way of doing this in coh2 other than releasing beta version of game and paying steam for additional servers. And even if it was cost effective they probably wouldn't do it just not to split the playerbase. Remember that they even refused to split AT with randoms in team games? That's quite similar.

This.
Exactly!
27 Jan 2017, 07:25 AM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

An automatch system with any mod (not just balance patch) would be great for the modding community
27 Jan 2017, 12:56 PM

If this feature was in place I wouldn't even be all that mad abot lelic balance and Scope™. Instead we could just get our own balance team and agree on a balance mod and change things to our own needs. I'm not necessarily talking about balance issues, since agreeing on them will be not so easy, but rather long forgotten bugs, oversights, flaws, consistency issues and quality of life fixes.
27 Jan 2017, 16:37 PM

What is important is that there is currently no way of doing this in coh2 other than releasing beta version of game and paying steam for additional servers. And even if it was cost effective they probably wouldn't do it just not to split the playerbase. Remember that they even refused to split AT with randoms in team games? That's quite similar. They (and we) also already have experience with such beta tests, and as far as I remember it was really hard to find a match in reasonable time in both versions while they lasted.

O boy you are bright !
19 Jul 2017, 16:41 PM

It's would be great if Relic could read this post !!!! It would greatly help at tuning the next fall tuning mod !
19 Jul 2017, 16:45 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Use SB and Discord?

https://discord.gg/KB5uKp

Also Looking for group ingame chatlobby
19 Jul 2017, 18:39 PM

Relic still has an alpha client laying around that they've used in the past. I wonder if it would be possible for them to use that for official balance mods?
20 Jul 2017, 09:02 AM

with this option we can test balance mods faster, personally i am ready to play balance mods always if relic add this option.
20 Jul 2017, 11:13 AM

Actually, the real reason is that the mod does not go official yet. If they put such option in, people will use this mod to bash Relic when there is bad decision in mod, because it's been officially confirmed, and ranked.
20 Jul 2017, 19:15 PM

Actually, the real reason is that the mod does not go official yet. If they put such option in, people will use this mod to bash Relic when there is bad decision in mod, because it's been officially confirmed, and ranked.

They can do it. They should do it. It's a win- win situation.

They could easily label the option : test_fall_tuning_patch or something like that.

I'am a software engineer and adding stuff like that is easy.

Adding the option is just adding to the where clause of the automatch's SQL query.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 81

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight