Login

russian armor

[All] Mortars & Variants

16 Jan 2017, 10:50 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

With the changes of MortarUSF in v1.05, I have done some tests in the WBP v1.05, some issues and inconsistencies continue in the patch as in live

-------------------MORTARS WEHR/USF/SOV--------------------------

WEHR/USF make it faster hitting has less cooldown, but more lethal to the opponent. What everybody understand by the phrase 'this x mortar is OP' and it is because there is less time to fight.
SOV They have the broken cooldown and you can throw more flares (paying them obviously)vet1 flares

-----------SHELLS WITH MORE CALIBER SOV/USF/OKW-------------------

Here SOV/OKW has the weapons of the hell, mortar120 has the cooldoown at -20s ie he can interrupt the barrage and re-barrage. OKWleIG super cheap, its spawn is in T2 (which, it is the only core unit that is created in an advanced truck, this is badly designed), it is easier to be spamable for its price and its output of an advanced truck.

Playing against two or more of these 'toys' is complicated.

-----------MORTAR MOVIL USF/OKW & MORTAR BRITs-------------------

These two units reach very quickly veterany to have free upgrade fire/phospore and it is very complicated to fight against them being mobile mortars with barely penalization in cooldown.

A battle mortarHT vs normal mortar always wins mortarHT

British mortar acts as double mortar and they share the same cooldown, perhaps someday we see an individual mortar as the other factions.

Total-->
As can be seen in the times, hits, barely existing cooldown and the generalist ability to hit the ground, make mortars and variants have a high lethality in expert hands
16 Jan 2017, 11:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2017, 10:50 AMcapiqua
it is very complicated to fight against them being mobile mortars with barely penalization in cooldown.

Fuel Cost of Mortar HT is the penalization.

Bofors 15 fuel there is no penalization according to ur logic.

THere is no sense to fight any MP cost mortars with Fuel Cost Mortar HT. Coz u gonna die of fast light tank.

I've seen attepts to counter Brits Mortar pit(s) with Mortar HT, its funny but very often Mortar HT dies very fast due to counter autofire of Mortar pit. No need to add there are PIATs AT guns and any fast vehical to shut down Whermacht play
16 Jan 2017, 11:34 AM

I'd rather not see the British getting a mobile mortar, given how the argument for them not having snares is that not every faction needs to have the same things as the others, so the same argument could be used for them not having mobile mortars (I'll also state for the record that I'm opposed to giving them snares). I do feel though that the pit needs nerfed in the range department, and *possibly* the ROF department and the health department. Though I would also like to see it being able to fire different shells as a result to make up for this.

I apologise for being a bit off topic. Anyway, the post was interesting. How does a single British mortar compare to, say, a Wehrmacht one?
16 Jan 2017, 12:51 PM

UKF Mortar Pit is in a tricky place.

While in 1v1 games on some maps its easily avoidable and could be dispatched easily, on 2v2 it really shines and wrecks havock if properly supported.

It might need some adjustments, but I'm only pointing out here that any changes should be made with extreme caution, since it might make it/ break it in diffrent game mode.
16 Jan 2017, 12:51 PM

UKF mortar is just over the top. It can wipe 4 model units in the blink of an eye.
16 Jan 2017, 16:13 PM

My question is: why does the mortar pit need to be a double mortar team?

One mortar in a pit was a problem enough in the last game.
16 Jan 2017, 17:03 PM

i wish all mortars would be as bad as the russian 82mm one. so you would have to focus on good infantry play, instead of praying to RNGjesus for some sh*tty ridiculous wipes which require no skill at all. use mortars to clear garrisons, use it to hide your troops with smoke - end of the story.

but hey no, WH/USF mortar oneshotting entire squads is very fun indeed.
16 Jan 2017, 17:46 PM

i wish all mortars would be as bad as the russian 82mm one. so you would have to focus on good infantry play, instead of praying to RNGjesus for some sh*tty ridiculous wipes which require no skill at all. use mortars to clear garrisons, use it to hide your troops with smoke - end of the story.

but hey no, WH/USF mortar oneshotting entire squads is very fun indeed.

+1 I also wish all mobile artillery would perform like a katyusha :sibHyena:
16 Jan 2017, 19:53 PM

People still want the British mortar emplacement, but it's hard to balance and many British players would prefer a mobile mortar.

Solution? Give the Brits a T1 mobile 3-inch mortar squad, make mortar pit into a garrisonable emplacement which can be garrisoned by mortars, where they get some sort of bonus at vet 1 like the Vickers when in buildings, or just give them general protection to make it worthwhile.

That covers both sectors, can be balanced similar to other mobile mortar counterparts, eliminates the "special" mortar balance and still keeps them unique in terms of faction design.
16 Jan 2017, 20:20 PM

People still want the British mortar emplacement, but it's hard to balance and many British players would prefer a mobile mortar.

Solution? Give the Brits a T1 mobile 3-inch mortar squad, make mortar pit into a garrisonable emplacement which can be garrisoned by mortars, where they get some sort of bonus at vet 1 like the Vickers when in buildings, or just give them general protection to make it worthwhile.

That covers both sectors, can be balanced similar to other mobile mortar counterparts, eliminates the "special" mortar balance and still keeps them unique in terms of faction design.

Maybe. In my opinion mobile mortars isn't the way to go with the British. I think the pit (as it is now) needs nerfed in range, brace and possibly damage, but also made more versatile in return.
However, I would suggest the idea that on the death of the pit, there is a slight chance (say, 20% chance) that an abandoned mortar is left behind. That way, you can get the mobile mortar squad, and the loss of the pit isn't felt as much (it may also have the added benefit of making it less appealing for the player to defend).
16 Jan 2017, 21:17 PM

Maybe. In my opinion mobile mortars isn't the way to go with the British. I think the pit (as it is now) needs nerfed in range, brace and possibly damage, but also made more versatile in return.
However, I would suggest the idea that on the death of the pit, there is a slight chance (say, 20% chance) that an abandoned mortar is left behind. That way, you can get the mobile mortar squad, and the loss of the pit isn't felt as much (it may also have the added benefit of making it less appealing for the player to defend).

So you basically want to nerf it into oblivion and then on top of adding insult to injury you want the enemy to also have a chance to capture it in a sense?

I'd rather we go with my idea, it pretty much covers everything you could possibly complain about.

I also thought about something else, instead of vet 1 giving some sort of range or fire rate bonus like I originally intended, you get more types of shells like in the UKF alpha, making it more versatile when garrisoned, there, happy now?
17 Jan 2017, 11:44 AM

+1 I also wish all mobile artillery would perform like a katyusha :sibHyena:

Katys are better against players with good reaction. Short range barrage is almost unavoidable, unlike for Panzerwerfer or Wurfrahmen-40. Latter two may be better against static targets on mid range, though.
17 Jan 2017, 12:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2017, 10:50 AMcapiqua
With the changes of MortarUSF in v1.05, I have done some tests in the WBP v1.05, some issues and inconsistencies continue in the patch as in live

Nice work. Can you add range scater, ect. ?
I cannot find some usable table, with units comparation.
17 Jan 2017, 14:41 PM

Why in the hell are the brit emplacments (morta/ bofors) not in the dmg and kill statistic? Even the schwerer from OKW is in the list with it dmg.

Maybe we would see how OP this things are? How much dmg the can get and deal?

reminder: this units are cost not very much (30fuel/300MP and 400mp)..but can deal with whole armys.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 40
United Kingdom 20
Korea, Republic Of 8
unknown 14

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %