Login

russian armor

WBP v1.4+ light vehicle vet3 high score table

8 Jan 2017, 10:23 AM

In WBP v1.4, we've improved the veterancy gain of several light vehicles. This is to off-set the early-game nerfs those vehicles have received.

For some vehicles we have even introduced the shared-veterancy mechanic, so that those vehicles can still have the opportunity to attain vet in the late-game, when their fixed-arc MGs wouldn't allow them to be useful otherwise.

However, in order to balance this properly and make sure the timings are correct, we need some telemetry data. Thus, we need YOU!

In this thread we want people to post:
- Their Vet3/Vet5 record times for every light vehicle we introduced in the patch
- How they managed to attain that vet-level that fast
- Whether Vet3/Vet5 was worth it

For instance (this isn't actually true):
Kubelwagen:
- Managed to get veterancy5 by minute 20:00
- I kept the kubelwagen following a small blob so that it could siphon veterancy, even if that meant losing capping power
- Vet5 kubeljesus suppression. 10/10, would vet again

The vehicles we are mostly interested in are:

Soviet:
- M3

OST:

USF:
- M20
- M15
- Stuart

OKW:
- Kubelwagen
- FlakHT
- Luchs

UKF:
- Universal Carrier

8 Jan 2017, 23:27 PM
Donator 11

kübelwagen, gained vet 5 at min 18, didnt move it with a blob but mostly with one other unit

imo it vets too fast

and no it dont think its worth it, the kubelwagen is just a VERY light vehicle, any AT will quickly kill it, so you have to mikro a lot and only get a mediocre reward, but that game wasnt long enough to really test a vet 5 kubel
9 Jan 2017, 18:32 PM

It's fine if it takes about 20 minutes for a kubelwagen to vet. The enemy is expected to have medium armour at that point, in which case the kubel will have to be relegated to covering flanks against infantry.

This is especially if you are sacrificing kubel's capping power to keep it near the front field (where it can get wiped fast)

The real cause for worry would have been if you can get a vet5 kubel extremely early, at which case you have the pre-nerf kubel.
9 Jan 2017, 21:12 PM
Donator 11

it could have been quite a bit faster, if i had microed it better
10 Jan 2017, 01:47 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Soviet m3a1 feels about right. Took about 10 minutes to hit vet3, fighting most of the time near another squad. Never fausted, so no extra xp from that.

Honestly if I hadn't been told it was getting aura xp I wouldn't have noticed, which is probably would it should feel like.
10 Jan 2017, 09:22 AM

I had for the first time of my life a 251 reaching vet3 without the flamer upgrade. Does it count?
10 Jan 2017, 09:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jan 2017, 01:47 AMTobis
Soviet m3a1 feels about right. Took about 10 minutes to hit vet3, fighting most of the time near another squad. Never fausted, so no extra xp from that.

Honestly if I hadn't been told it was getting aura xp I wouldn't have noticed, which is probably would it should feel like.

Did the vet3 M3a1 make a noticeable difference, or were the stars just cosmetic?

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jan 2017, 09:22 AMEsxile
I had for the first time of my life a 251 reaching vet3 without the flamer upgrade. Does it count?

Well, kind of. Nevertheless the 251 doesn't have any life-changing veterancy, though. (nor will it ever get, given how fast it can vet up with the flamers).

10 Jan 2017, 09:56 AM

i think you meant the 251 not the 222 or else 222 also gets shared vet?

Also, since storms and pg G43 increase sight range.. Does this mean now storms use the pg version of g43 rather then the old grenadier version?
10 Jan 2017, 10:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jan 2017, 09:56 AMSmaug
i think you meant the 251 not the 222 or else 222 also gets shared vet?

No. It's 222. Even though it gets no shared vet, it does get significant combat bonuses, and we want to make sure that the bonuses are both sufficient and not too overpowering for when they arrive.

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jan 2017, 09:56 AMSmaug

Also, since storms and pg G43 increase sight range.. Does this mean now storms use the pg version of g43 rather then the old grenadier version?

Exactly. Storms G43 are now very, very decent if you don't have enough munitions for the STG upgrade. They get the G43 + they already have Kar98's stock.
10 Jan 2017, 15:12 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Did the vet3 M3a1 make a noticeable difference, or were the stars just cosmetic?

It was obviously faster and more mobile, but it still got instakilled by the first cloaked raketen on the field. The guy I played against was trash so I cant really speak to how effective it is, but it was still pretty good at harassing capping squads.
10 Jan 2017, 15:20 PM

Exactly. Storms G43 are now very, very decent if you don't have enough munitions for the STG upgrade. They get the G43 + they already have Kar98's stock.

The problem here is, that only one of the two doctrines with Stormtroopers has access to G43s. Considering that you mentioned (in the infiltration unit thread) that the assault rifle upgrade is still too high, I'm wondering why you didn't adjust the price on this their main upgrade, instead of one that isn't even available all the time...
13 Jan 2017, 19:24 PM

Added the UC to the high-score list. Keep it coming bois!

The problem here is, that only one of the two doctrines with Stormtroopers has access to G43s. Considering that you mentioned (in the infiltration unit thread) that the assault rifle upgrade is still too high, I'm wondering why you didn't adjust the price on this their main upgrade, instead of one that isn't even available all the time...

Stormtrooper changes were out of scope. However, for some reason, G43 changes (which would mostly affect PGrens) were in-scope. In any case, I would consider Stormtroopers getting the PGren G43 (rather than the Gren G43) more of a bugfix than anything else. PGrens and Stormtroopers are already nearly identical, there was no reason to block Stormtroopers from getting the improved G43. The only downside is that there is exactly one doctrine that has both Stormtroopers and G43's.

Ideally, I would like to see Encirclement Storms also get access to the G43 upgrade, to become budget-harassment troops, for when you can't pay for the more-expensive STGs.
15 Jan 2017, 06:25 AM

Because I'm too fucking lazy to go find it myself, can anyone tell me which vehicles have shared vet in the wbp?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★