Login

russian armor

Buff the assault engineer please!

30 Dec 2016, 12:36 PM

It simply doesn't worth 280MP and scale extremely bad at late game.
Either buff its mid range damage or reduce it's cost and reinforcement cost or increase its squad size.
30 Dec 2016, 12:53 PM

There's a lot of near-useless units and abilities in the game. Unless they are already part of the meta they won't be touched, sadly.
30 Dec 2016, 12:56 PM
Donator 11

This unit is really usefull though. In games where there is no soviet ally, or in 1v1s its worth it only for the demo itself.
30 Dec 2016, 14:27 PM

Right, the demo and flamethrower are good, but the still deserves a buff. A close range unit for 280MP and glass-cannon survival-ability was never a good idea
30 Dec 2016, 14:29 PM
Patrion 14

flamer and demo.

not all units need to be easy to use.
30 Dec 2016, 14:57 PM

They can lay mines too. :D

The only thing I ever thought they could need is a 5th man at vet 3 like RE. Didn't feel it was totally necessary though.
30 Dec 2016, 15:32 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

In my commander mod, I gave them a fifth man, but decreased their Grease Gun DPS to 80%, so the squad's DPS is the same. I also increased their cost from 280MP to 300MP, which means that the reinforcement cost per man drops from 35MP to 30MP.
Those are pretty harmless changes, but they make the unit quite a bit more useful, in my opinion.
30 Dec 2016, 15:36 PM

I feel Armor Company is strong enough, if you use them for some flanks and ambushes before downgrading their DPS with a flamer they perform well enough.
Use them as a single support squad rather than an "assault" unit, they should just be called Engineers really.
30 Dec 2016, 16:04 PM

I feel Armor Company is strong enough, if you use them for some flanks and ambushes before downgrading their DPS with a flamer they perform well enough.
Use them as a single support squad rather than an "assault" unit, they should just be called Engineers really.

I would like to pay 20 MP more for having super engineer like OKW that nearly good at all range and can solo rifleman at the beginning, having super repair tool and the best hand-held anti-tank weapon upgrade as well. Not to mention the reinforcement cost of strum is even CHEAPER than AE.Balance? Fair? lollllll
30 Dec 2016, 18:06 PM

I would like to pay 20 MP more for having super engineer like OKW that nearly good at all range and can solo rifleman at the beginning, having super repair tool and the best hand-held anti-tank weapon upgrade as well. Not to mention the reinforcement cost of strum is even CHEAPER than AE.Balance? Fair? lollllll

Well yeah, but OKW is the special snowflake army for those who can't play Wehr so? I hate OKW but they have their fair share of problems too.
30 Dec 2016, 18:50 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Just in the remote chance the units get's looked upon, i think you should be extremely careful on what you do with them (remember assault engineer spam).

Mine, flamer n demo makes its a worthwhile unit. In the past i thought a 5th guy at vet3 would solve it. Thinking about it a bit more, if something wants to be tested, i would just go for a small change on reinforce cost (30 per model).

The commander on itself is solid. Yes, Thompson upgrade is bad and you have RNG bombs, both of them could see some SLIGHT changes, but both tank call ins makes it "meta".
30 Dec 2016, 19:00 PM

The reason why there is so little room for USF call in infantry, has partially to do with the effectiveness of Riflemen.

With the introduction of USF mortar one could tone down riflemen (far) DPS and remove the smoke grenade from them.

Assault engineers could get that smoke grenade or they could be changed into a "semi elite" infantry and pushed to CP 2 (or CP1)
30 Dec 2016, 19:27 PM

Demo charges for USF with a unit that has high DPS at close range and flames, enough said. I think what you are feeling is that the utility of this unit feels less powerful because the repair abilities it offers overlap 100% with every USF vehicle.

The flames are handy on some maps, but not always required.

Don't rely on this unit as a fighting unit (except in urban maps and once upgraded), but use it to make it harder for your opponent (demo's), and use its close range firepower to protect support weapons (AT guns, MGs, mortars, Howies). Units that ignore them when closing to deal with support weapons will be punished badly.

Any changes to this unit would be ever so slight.

Elite vehicle crews on the other hand need to be looked at. I just don't see a use for an expensive short range unit with limited vet to help it when I want them in vehicles anyway. Maybe it should offer something else? The commander is already very munitions hungry.
30 Dec 2016, 19:29 PM

Just in the remote chance the units get's looked upon, i think you should be extremely careful on what you do with them (remember assault engineer spam).

Mine, flamer n demo makes its a worthwhile unit. In the past i thought a 5th guy at vet3 would solve it. Thinking about it a bit more, if something wants to be tested, i would just go for a small change on reinforce cost (30 per model).

The commander on itself is solid. Yes, Thompson upgrade is bad and you have RNG bombs, both of them could see some SLIGHT changes, but both tank call ins makes it "meta".

Thompsons on your Stuart open up possibilities for flanking AT guns and the Bulldozer Sherman is... Ok but I think the Regular is much better, the doctrine is worth having just for the M10 really, it's that damn good.
30 Dec 2016, 21:05 PM
Patrion 27

Slightly lower reinforce cost, and slightly better survivability at veterancy 2 and/or add a 5th model at vet 3.
30 Dec 2016, 21:58 PM

Just give them a bit of durability at vet 1 and 3 and they'd be fine.
30 Dec 2016, 22:31 PM

Fifth men with vet 2/3.
31 Dec 2016, 00:43 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I feel like 5th man might require a veterancy nerf somewhere else for it to work. It is, after all, in a way +25% accuracy, health, build time and repair time. I still think that's still worth doing, but we probably have to be a bit careful with it since AEs can actually fight initially unlike, say, REs.
31 Dec 2016, 00:56 AM

Yeah if all they got at vet 3 was the 5th man that would be plenty.
31 Dec 2016, 02:45 AM

Demo charges for USF with a unit that has high DPS at close range and flames, enough said. I think what you are feeling is that the utility of this unit feels less powerful because the repair abilities it offers overlap 100% with every USF vehicle.

The flames are handy on some maps, but not always required.

Don't rely on this unit as a fighting unit (except in urban maps and once upgraded), but use it to make it harder for your opponent (demo's), and use its close range firepower to protect support weapons (AT guns, MGs, mortars, Howies). Units that ignore them when closing to deal with support weapons will be punished badly.

Any changes to this unit would be ever so slight.

Elite vehicle crews on the other hand need to be looked at. I just don't see a use for an expensive short range unit with limited vet to help it when I want them in vehicles anyway. Maybe it should offer something else? The commander is already very munitions hungry.

Its close range dps isnt that high when considering its cost and survivability. Having mines and demo that other faction can enjoy them without doctrines, I would not consider it as a bonus and gift for this unit should having higher cost. Just look at the strum for having so much utilites at the same time it is much easier to use that can solo rifleman without all the techniques required for AE such as ambushing, using other units to suoport ,hiding at the cornerand with scable veterancy and late game hand held AT and it is non doctrinal and it has mines also and it can be built at the beginning and with doctrine it can have flamer also and DAMN its reinforcement cost is CHEAPER!!! Just have to pay 20 MP more for initial cost!WOW, Balance? Fair ?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★