Login

russian armor

"Archive Failed!" error.

25 Dec 2016, 09:58 AM

When attempting to export a map in Worldbuilder, I get the following error almost immediately:

I have checked, and the Archive.exe is in the CoH2 directory, the map name doesn't have any illegal characters, and neither does my PC name, the PackageBuildFile.txt is also in place. I haven't touched WB in roughly a year, but I never had this issue. The only major event between then and now when I cloned my C: drive to a newer and larger drive, although CoH2 is on my D: drive. As far as I can tell, everything else works although my sound mixer randomly reset a few days later (programs that were muted started playing sound again). I've tried the obvious verify installation, but it did not help.

There is an error when first launching Worldbuilder, but I don't know if it means anything. I don't recall if it was always there or not.

29 Dec 2016, 05:41 AM

Solved. On a hunch I went to the folder where the files were saved and went into properties. "Read Only" had that blue square in it, I unticked it and applied. Reopened it and it still had the blue tick as usual, but I opened Worldbuilder and tried to save a map, and it worked. Tried another, also worked. Not sure what was ever wrong in the first place, but it's working for now.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★