Login

russian armor

CoH2 Mod Tools Error -1

23 Dec 2016, 02:54 AM

Just started to get "..failed with exit code -1" now.
I have no idea what this is, and it just started today.

What's causing this, how do I fix it?

I've gone an re-verified the Tools cache.
Any way this editor keeps a backup?
Can I extract the SGA file to get a working mod?

Here is my Attrib file.

AttributeEditorXML.exe Information: 0 : Loading D:\Games\SteamGames\SteamApps\common\Company of Heroes 2 Tools\assets\data\attributes\attributes.xml...
AttributeEditorXML.exe Information: 0 : Loading LocDB...
AttributeEditorXML.exe Information: 0 : LocDB loaded in 0.1695506 seconds.
AttributeEditorXML.exe Information: 0 : 116 enums loaded in 0.0090069 seconds.
AttributeEditorXML.exe Information: 0 : Loading templates...
AttributeEditorXML.exe Information: 0 : 753 templates loaded in 0.4946917 seconds.
AttributeEditorXML.exe Information: 0 : Loading instances...
AttributeEditorXML.exe Information: 0 : 11345 instances loaded in 24.8470561 seconds.
AttributeEditorXML.exe Information: 0 : Begin post load hookups and validation...
AttributeEditorXML.exe Information: 0 : Validating templates...
AttributeEditorXML.exe Information: 0 : 753 templates validated in 0.02007 seconds.
AttributeEditorXML.exe Information: 0 : Validating instances...
AttributeEditorXML.exe Information: 0 : 11345 instances validated in 1.4038134 seconds.
AttributeEditorXML.exe Information: 0 : Post load hookup and validation complete.
AttributeEditorXML.exe Information: 0 : Load complete.
AttributeEditorXML.exe Information: 0 : Loading D:\Games\CoH2Mods\Everything\Everything.xml...
AttributeEditorXML.exe Information: 0 : D:\Games\CoH2Mods\Everything\Everything.xml loaded in 0.0010008 seconds.
AttributeEditorXML.exe Information: 0 : Loading D:\Games\CoH2Mods\Everything\locale\english\english.ucs...
AttributeEditorXML.exe Information: 0 : D:\Games\CoH2Mods\Everything\locale\english\english.ucs loaded in 0.0069638 seconds.
AttributeEditorXML.exe Information: 0 : Loading instances...
AttributeEditorXML.exe Information: 0 : 279 instances loaded in 1.2754798 seconds.
AttributeEditorXML.exe Information: 0 : Begin post load hookups and validation...
AttributeEditorXML.exe Information: 0 : Validating instances...
AttributeEditorXML.exe Information: 0 : 279 instances validated in 0.2298665 seconds.
AttributeEditorXML.exe Information: 0 : Post load hookup and validation complete.
AttributeEditorXML.exe Information: 0 : Load complete.
AttributeEditorXML.exe Information: 0 : ----------------------
AttributeEditorXML.exe Information: 0 : Starting validation
AttributeEditorXML.exe Information: 0 : Ending validation
AttributeEditorXML.exe Information: 0 : ----------------------
AttributeEditorXML.exe Error: 0 : Caught an exception in main e = System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at AttributeEditorXML.Sua.AddToRelicGameDataAsSua(RelicGameData rgd, String fileName, UInt32 fileTime)
at AttributeEditorXML.InstanceList.SaveBinary(RelicGameData rgd, RelicGameDataSaveContext rgdContext)
at AttributeEditorXML.InstanceVar.SaveBinaryAsGroupInternal(RelicGameData rgd, RelicGameDataSaveContext rgdContext)
at AttributeEditorXML.InstanceVar.SaveBinaryAsGroup(OverrideType overrideType, RelicGameData rgd, RelicGameDataSaveContext rgdContext)
at AttributeEditorXML.Instance.SaveAsRelicGameDataBinary(String pathName, Boolean preview)
at AttributeEditorXML.AttributeOverlay.SaveBinaries(String filePath)
at AttributeEditorXML.Program.Main(String[] args)

23 Dec 2016, 05:25 AM

EDIT: Alright so everyone had the issue LOL
Dar
23 Dec 2016, 10:01 AM

Getting the same error now with all projects once changes in the AE have been made. Started right when the Holiday content push happened yesterday. My guess would be Relic once again wrecked the tools by updating the game without updating the database of the tools.
23 Dec 2016, 19:39 PM

Thank goodness. I thought it was just me D:

I cannot modify some of the existing mods I have without getting errors. I can modify some certain small-scale mods (e.g., the ones I made to experiment with formations, etc).

If anybody has any clue how to fix it, pls tell me D:
23 Dec 2016, 20:04 PM
Modmaker Badge

Relic did it again. Is incredible how "Relic", releases patchs without properly test them. Abp errors, pink skins and critical errors in mod tools.
Some times is better to abstain of release a new version for public than give us a product plenty of bugs.
Is the ugly true, sadly.
23 Dec 2016, 20:46 PM

Yeah every patch has completely broken every mod I've ever made that affected existing data. Only the mod in my sig seems to have survived but I haven't tested it with this patch yet. I don't think they've changed any of the assets I modded in that.

I think the reference codes get rewritten each patch which breaks any mod that modified assets that look for those old codes.
23 Dec 2016, 21:09 PM

I hope there is a fix real soon, cause I got some days off and want to play/mod.
23 Dec 2016, 22:13 PM

Yeah every patch has completely broken every mod I've ever made that affected existing data. Only the mod in my sig seems to have survived but I haven't tested it with this patch yet. I don't think they've changed any of the assets I modded in that.

I think the reference codes get rewritten each patch which breaks any mod that modified assets that look for those old codes.

I'm relatively new to modding. i.e., I haven't really picked up modding until after the game stopped getting regular updates. What do you do in this case? Is there any case to salvage the mod, or do you start anew?

I'm really not looking forward to rewriting WBP D:
24 Dec 2016, 02:49 AM

I had to redo everything. Which has resulted in not redoing anything.

For instance, I had a really simplistic mod that I made to test switching Penals with Guards. Since I had edited both ebps of both units, after patch the sbps would not know to reference the edited ebps. Guards would be 0 mp for a squad of 0 units. (It resulted in a button that did nothing.) I was able to reclone my changes and get it to work in that case. Some of the other parameters I'd made, like the completely new abilities, seemed to stay intact though. BUT I think it only breaks things that Relic changed. As in, I think in this examples situation Guards and Penals broke because changes had been made to Guards and Penals (and anything REFERENCING a component of Guards and Penals) in the patches since I made that mod.

For my more complex overhauls I just started making a completely new mod after the fact since I didn't even know where to begin.

The mod in my signature, for instance, modifies unused ebps that haven't been changed in any patches that I am aware of. As a result it appears to still function.
24 Dec 2016, 08:26 AM

Speaking of cloning stuff. Let's say I have a mod called qol_smith, and say I clone Guards sbps and ebps.

If I clone the ebps file, I get a new instance in the attrib file called qol_smith\blah\blah\guards_troops_mp

Then, if I clone the sbps file, I get a new instance in the attrib file called qol_smith\blah\blah\guards_squad_mp

Oddly, with the sbps file cloned, the loadout of the sbps file no longer references the vanilla ebps file, but automatically references the qol_smith ebps file. If I change the sbps file to reference the vanilla ebps file, the mod works the same as before.

The only differences are:
- If, for some reason, I decide to delete the ebps file (e.g., I decide no changes are needed), the reference in the sbps file changes to null (which menas a broken squad)
- If I make a new mod (say qol_gg) and I have the two attribute editors open (qol_smith and qol_gg) I can no longer copy-paste the sbps file without errors (that's because qol_smith ebps might have a difference reference number than qol_gg)

Is there -any- way to do an automatic cleanup on my mods so that they reference the vanilla stuff, yet the vanilla stuff still gets overridden by my mod stuff?

PS: From what I heard the latest hotfix also fixed the tools. Merry modding, everyone!
24 Dec 2016, 14:21 PM

Speaking of cloning stuff....
Is there -any- way to do an automatic cleanup on my mods so that they reference the vanilla stuff, yet the vanilla stuff still gets overridden by my mod stuff?

PS: From what I heard the latest hotfix also fixed the tools. Merry modding, everyone!

Yes I've been wondering that for a while too. I'll make a change to an ability, then later say naw, and delete my cloned file, but it seams to break the squad whom uses it. In CoH modding tools the game would just reference the original file and all "modifications" would just be a pointer. Seams to be in CoH2 modding tools, the squad actually points to the new file structure instead of keeping the original games file then just use the cloned one "internally".

24 Dec 2016, 21:21 PM

Unfortunately I don't think there is, but if such a thing does exist I'd love to know about it. Especially when you start adjusting abilities and upgrades that cross reference each other, like USF teching for instance.

That's good news about the hotfix (rollback?) though.
7 Jan 2017, 01:40 AM

I had to redo everything. Which has resulted in not redoing anything.

For instance, I had a really simplistic mod that I made to test switching Penals with Guards. Since I had edited both ebps of both units, after patch the sbps would not know to reference the edited ebps. Guards would be 0 mp for a squad of 0 units. (It resulted in a button that did nothing.) I was able to reclone my changes and get it to work in that case. Some of the other parameters I'd made, like the completely new abilities, seemed to stay intact though. BUT I think it only breaks things that Relic changed. As in, I think in this examples situation Guards and Penals broke because changes had been made to Guards and Penals (and anything REFERENCING a component of Guards and Penals) in the patches since I made that mod.

For my more complex overhauls I just started making a completely new mod after the fact since I didn't even know where to begin.

The mod in my signature, for instance, modifies unused ebps that haven't been changed in any patches that I am aware of. As a result it appears to still function.

*bump*

When it comes to updating a mod to work for a new version of the game, would it help if I gave modders access to the source files of WBP? Like, would it help people home-in on what has changed and what not?

I've talked to Kyle about this, and he's cool with doing that, once mod changes have been finalized.
7 Jan 2017, 03:45 AM

If I could harvest the QoL changes, bug fixes, and the combo Satchel I wouldn't object in the slightest. ;)

But when you say "once mod changes have been finalized." do you mean like v1.4 right now or once Relic officially releases a patch?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 30
Russian Federation 39
Germany 3
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %