Login

russian armor

Request for reproduction: Panzerfaust bug

7 Dec 2016, 23:43 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

Talked about it on stream today, seems to be most likely due to shift queue issues from what we can gather, or rather more common to occur from our selective memories.
8 Dec 2016, 07:39 AM

dunno if someone mentioned it before but i think this bug shows when the tank you fire at is in cover or in other elevation, or behind obstacle, hope i helped, cheers :snfBarton:
8 Dec 2016, 10:34 AM

EDIT: tried to reproduce it in custom game, around 100 pzerfaust and couldn't reproduce bug.
if the tank get behind a building, the pzerfaust just hit the building but it doesn't disapear.

Isn't it also a bug when weapon that is designed to always hit its targer hits a building?

can someone confirm that the faust should go through building ?
8 Dec 2016, 13:55 PM

I don't think it's possible to reproduce this bug with 1 guy doing it. Every time I have seen this bug happen is when the tank is taking a close turn around a corner, and potentially into the fog of war.

Then, the projectile just hits something random; usually it's a building, othertimes it's elevation.

Good news is that I have received the permission to include a potential fix to the panzerfaust bug for the balance mod.

Bad news is that you guys need to do a lot of playing, and keep your eyes peeled about Panzerfausts bugging.
8 Dec 2016, 17:21 PM

Smith if I see any bug related to faust or AT nades I will make sure to save the film and note the time.

The faust bug has not happened to me in a long time.

I think the USF AT nade bug happens when a unit moves to a certain distance from the original unit preparing to fire. If the distance increases too such a large extent the unit ceases to fire. This happens most frequently with light and medium vehicles passing by units on roads. Not sure though if this is in fact the reason for it.

I know of no issues with the Script AT nade, but will keep my eyes out for it.
8 Dec 2016, 17:28 PM
Donator 11

can someone confirm that the faust should go through building ?

AFAIK it should go around the building, just after the vehicle that went behind it during animation. It often does it correctly. Yes, it looks like a guided missile then, but this is how it was designed.
8 Dec 2016, 17:45 PM

AFAIK it should go around the building, just after the vehicle that went behind it during animation. It often does it correctly. Yes, it looks like a guided missile then, but this is how it was designed.

allright, when i did my test, i could reproduce this 'bug' every time;
everytime i started a pzerfaust on a tank mooving and that the tank was behing a building when the faust fire, the faust did hit the building and no dommage to the tank at all.
8 Dec 2016, 17:47 PM
Donator 11

allright, when i did my test, i could reproduce this 'bug' every time;
everytime i started a pzerfaust on a tank mooving and that the tank was behing a building when the faust fire, the faust did hit the building and no dommage to the tank at all.

Now try it with soviet AT nade ;) It may also depend on the angle and timing. But I definitely saw this, even in tournaments.
8 Dec 2016, 17:54 PM

well, i just started to make another test and reccord i on video but now it actually goes through the building without hit it :loco:

i don't know why the last time it would hit every time the building and now it goes through every time.

i did it with the same building on the same map, same squad (gren) on same vehicle.
different timing didn't change anything.
8 Dec 2016, 17:55 PM
Donator 11

well, i just started to make another test and reccord i on video but now it actually goes through the building without hit it :loco:

i don't know why the last time it would hit every time the building and now it goes through every time.

i did it with the same building on the same map, same squad (gren) on same vehicle.
different timing didn't change anything.

Relic coding :D
8 Dec 2016, 18:11 PM

Link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCBrq0rVxWg&feature=youtu.be

check that and tell if it's working the way it should.
8 Dec 2016, 19:40 PM

Link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCBrq0rVxWg&feature=youtu.be

check that and tell if it's working the way it should.

Sweet! I'll give it a go.
9 Dec 2016, 00:51 AM
Patrion 14

Could the problem be linked to specific building models? I wouldn't be surprised if different buildings in game had different collision parameters. Did you test in a different position the second time @le_saucisson_masque?
9 Dec 2016, 12:13 PM

Could the problem be linked to specific building models? I wouldn't be surprised if different buildings in game had different collision parameters. Did you test in a different position the second time @le_saucisson_masque?

i did it on the same building each time.
i will try on another map to see if it's related to building hit parameters.

21 Dec 2016, 16:30 PM

Mr Smith, here you have jackpot. Just played some winter balance patch games and guess what happened. Faust-bug.

Idk minutes, but it happened to t70

21 Dec 2016, 20:23 PM
Donator 11

Faustbug in action

Hope this will help. Kinda weird with that animation thing, too many clicks? Sadly i don't have the replay. ;)
21 Dec 2016, 20:58 PM

these pzerfaust bug are breaking nuts ..
thought it was fixed @Mr.Smith ?
21 Dec 2016, 22:27 PM

these pzerfaust bug are breaking nuts ..
thought it was fixed @Mr.Smith ?

Unfortunately, the panzerfaust bugfix I've included wasn't guaranteed to fix thing (i.e., I turned the entire community into guinea pigs to help me debug this).

Nevertheless the reproduction steps you've posted before in this thread really work. That way I'll be actually able to find if a fix is possible for this bug.

Thx again!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS