Login

russian armor

Request for reproduction: Panzerfaust bug

6 Dec 2016, 18:28 PM

I was looking through the panzerfaust bug (panzerfaust not always hitting the intended target), and I believe I may have found what causes it.

However, in order to be able to include a fix for this bug, I need to be able to know how to trigger this bug reliably.

Can we make this happen?

Please post precise reproduction steps.
6 Dec 2016, 18:58 PM

1. find an enemy's tank
2. press F on your keyboard
3. select a target
5. ???
6. there was no 4th point
6 Dec 2016, 19:00 PM

that should solve the problem :snfBarton:
6 Dec 2016, 19:20 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I have also for sure encountered this with the USF riflenade shooting the ground.

I have no evidence or means of reproducing this. :guyokay:
6 Dec 2016, 19:35 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Flame post invised.

Back to topic.
6 Dec 2016, 19:44 PM

i'm going to try on cheat mod and try to reproduce it.

From what i remember, it happened when there was an obstacle between the tank and the soldier.
exemple: grenadier aim to tank with pzerfaust -> tank moove behing a building -> pzerfaust do pzerfaust things, aka it disapear.

EDIT: tried to reproduce it in custom game, around 100 pzerfaust and couldn't reproduce bug.
if the tank get behind a building, the pzerfaust just hit the building but it doesn't disapear.
6 Dec 2016, 20:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Dec 2016, 19:20 PMTobis
I have also for sure encountered this with the USF riflenade shooting the ground.

I have no evidence or means of reproducing this. :guyokay:

I have never, ever had the riflemen AT nade bug on me before. Do you remember if it hit the ground between the target and the shooter, or what?

Does this happen often?

On the other hand, Panzerfaust bug seems to happen all the time, since it collides:
- vs ground
- vs buildings
- vs walls
- vs enemy snipers
6 Dec 2016, 20:15 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

- vs enemy snipers

Good times :D

Also when an AT snare is flying at a garrisoned building/vehicle and strikes the exit point when the garrison unit leaves :clap:
6 Dec 2016, 20:21 PM

It seems to happen when you try to activate ability during lag spike.
6 Dec 2016, 22:10 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I have never, ever had the riflemen AT nade bug on me before. Do you remember if it hit the ground between the target and the shooter, or what?

Does this happen often?

I have only had it happen once. Shooting at an Ostheer 250 halftrack driving by that had troops in it, on a hill. The halftrack never stopped, but the USF fired it at the position where the vehicle was as if it was a standard grenadier riflenade and it exploded on the ground. I did not have nades teched, btw. Is it possible the troops inside the ht bugged it out? Maybe the hill?

It will collide with infantry too though.
https://www.twitch.tv/helpinghans/v/3820821 (unrelated incident)
It does look kinda like it targets the units inside the halftrack once they hop out.

I tried to duplicate it a few times just now but couldn't.

In any case, this is probably super super rare and not worth worrying about.

7 Dec 2016, 00:02 AM
Donator 11

EDIT: tried to reproduce it in custom game, around 100 pzerfaust and couldn't reproduce bug.
if the tank get behind a building, the pzerfaust just hit the building but it doesn't disapear.

Isn't it also a bug when weapon that is designed to always hit its targer hits a building?
7 Dec 2016, 04:09 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

Happened during the Custom Map Tourney. OST gren faust dealt damage to a 50% AEC and ended up dealing no engine damage.
7 Dec 2016, 05:19 AM

Isn't it also a bug when weapon that is designed to always hit its targer hits a building?

This
7 Dec 2016, 13:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Dec 2016, 22:10 PMTobis

I have only had it happen once. Shooting at an Ostheer 250 halftrack driving by that had troops in it, on a hill. The halftrack never stopped, but the USF fired it at the position where the vehicle was as if it was a standard grenadier riflenade and it exploded on the ground. I did not have nades teched, btw. Is it possible the troops inside the ht bugged it out? Maybe the hill?

It will collide with infantry too though.
https://www.twitch.tv/helpinghans/v/3820821 (unrelated incident)
It does look kinda like it targets the units inside the halftrack once they hop out.

I tried to duplicate it a few times just now but couldn't.

In any case, this is probably super super rare and not worth worrying about.

Now that you mention it, I have also seen rifleman AT nade bug.

However, to spin my original question a bit more differently:
- Is there any single AT grenade in the game that you have never witnessed bugging?
- E.g., is Soviet AT grenade foolproof, or does it still bug when going through buildings?
7 Dec 2016, 15:02 PM

Now that you mention it, I have also seen rifleman AT nade bug.

However, to spin my original question a bit more differently:
- Is there any single AT grenade in the game that you have never witnessed bugging?
- E.g., is Soviet AT grenade foolproof, or does it still bug when going through buildings?

I've personally never had a soviet AT nade miss, although every once in awhile an opponent will complain in allchat about consripts just stealing the muni and not throwing the nade.
7 Dec 2016, 18:34 PM
Patrion 14

I have had an odd bug in the past where the kubel when moving backwards very quickly (ie on a road) can bounce an AT rifle nade. I think it has happened to the consript grenade too, but I will have to try to reproduce it sometime.

It is very rare, and I think what happens is the grenade misses and hits the ground due to the kubel's speed.
7 Dec 2016, 19:26 PM

Not sure if this is the place to report it, but the rifleman AT grenade seems to get cancelled (the ability activation stops, no cooldown and no munition loss) when the entity that starts aiming gets killed before the projectile is launched. I could try to reproduce and/or look for a replay unless it's a well-known issue or intended.
7 Dec 2016, 20:31 PM

I have had an odd bug in the past where the kubel when moving backwards very quickly (ie on a road) can bounce an AT rifle nade. I think it has happened to the consript grenade too, but I will have to try to reproduce it sometime.

It is very rare, and I think what happens is the grenade misses and hits the ground due to the kubel's speed.

i think i have seen this to.
7 Dec 2016, 21:42 PM

while you are at it, the mortar flare ability also whiffs pretty often.

I get pissed, waste my munition and the thing doesn't fire.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★