Login

russian armor

Sturmtiger aim ability

28 Nov 2016, 21:46 PM

i'm making a mod and i would like to make the sturmtiger great again, when it could AIM at the ennemy squad/tanks and that the rocket would follow it.

in 2015, relic nerfed it and removed the 'aim' part of the ability.

So just to be clear, you Left-click on an enemy model and in the past it would track it when now, it will hit the ground.

how can i mod it to make the rocket follow a mooving squad ?

i tried to modify things in ebps and weapons, but couldn't manage it to make it as it was in the past, if any modder konws the answer, please tell me.

thanks

29 Nov 2016, 00:45 AM

From what I can see the weapon of the Sturmtiger is set correctly to do the homing nastiness you have in mind:
- Projectile is set to homing artillery calculation when no shot-blocker
- Accuracy is high enough

If you are still trying to launch the sturmtiger attack through an ability (instead of letting it auto-fire like a machinegun; shame on you), you also need to change how it operates.

Artillery attacks do not fire homing projectiles. Instead you want to adapt the ability of the Sturmtiger attack to look more like Grenadier panzerfaust (i.e., fire through an accessory weapon, check the targets, so that it's an entity, etc).

PS: You might want to ask to have your thread moved to the Modding forum. There's a ton of helpful people lurking out there.
29 Nov 2016, 15:14 PM

From what I can see the weapon of the Sturmtiger is set correctly to do the homing nastiness you have in mind:
- Projectile is set to homing artillery calculation when no shot-blocker
- Accuracy is high enough

If you are still trying to launch the sturmtiger attack through an ability (instead of letting it auto-fire like a machinegun; shame on you), you also need to change how it operates.

Artillery attacks do not fire homing projectiles. Instead you want to adapt the ability of the Sturmtiger attack to look more like Grenadier panzerfaust (i.e., fire through an accessory weapon, check the targets, so that it's an entity, etc).

PS: You might want to ask to have your thread moved to the Modding forum. There's a ton of helpful people lurking out there.

well ty for answer, i searched a bit more today and found what i was looking for.
it was related to 'check the target' as u told, but for some reason wasn't working yesterday when i tried it.

Btw, what about a little buff of sturmtiger in the next patches, when you will work on heavy tank.
This unit is almost never used in 1 vs 1;
1 Dec 2016, 11:18 AM

Btw, what about a little buff of sturmtiger in the next patches, when you will work on heavy tank.
This unit is almost never used in 1 vs 1;

That's because the requirements to make it economically useful are not met in 1v1 matches. The Sturmtiger is the ultimate blob-counter, when 1v1 matches don't allow for the massive blobs necessary for the Sturmtiger to become interesting. On top of that, actually blobbing in 1v1 and recovering from losing such a blob is basically impossible, so the Sturmtiger becomes a one trick pony, which is not sustainable for such a massive investment.

So the issues are similar to those of the Elefant, ISU-152, and Ostheer Tier IV in general. Does that mean these tools should be buffed? No, not every tool is the right tool for a specific job, and as such some units simply won't be effective in 1v1 matches.
1 Dec 2016, 11:58 AM

That's because the requirements to make it economically useful are not met in 1v1 matches. The Sturmtiger is the ultimate blob-counter, when 1v1 matches don't allow for the massive blobs necessary for the Sturmtiger to become interesting. On top of that, actually blobbing in 1v1 and recovering from losing such a blob is basically impossible, so the Sturmtiger becomes a one trick pony, which is not sustainable for such a massive investment.

So the issues are similar to those of the Elefant, ISU-152, and Ostheer Tier IV in general. Does that mean these tools should be buffed? No, not every tool is the right tool for a specific job, and as such some units simply won't be effective in 1v1 matches.

u're right, some units are not made for 1 vs 1 games.
1 Dec 2016, 13:05 PM
Senior Caster Badge

I think when the core non-doctrinal faction is better you'll see more commander diversity. I haven't seen any issues with the SturmTiger other than it's more viable to do other things. I guess once that's resolved people would use it cause it's f***ing cool lol
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 47
Germany 33

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment