Login

russian armor

Troops with a mind of their own?

21 Nov 2016, 07:39 AM

I spawned a commando unit from a building, and told them to cap the point outside of the house (it was the North VP on Westwall) unbeknown to me it was mined with OST minefield, I reacted in time and spammed 'S' so my unit would stop moving and end up wiped, but after the initial explosion and a model lost, they kept moving and wouldn't stop almost like they were trying to run around the building for whatever reason.

I was spamming stop all the way until they died due to ignoring orders.

British sniper also fails to attack units when you attack ground, I'm not 100% certain if its only garrisoned units or is a problem against all, but to replicate, sight an enemy MG in a building with another squad, order your sniper to A move near the building and he will run in well within the MG's range and inside his own range of the MG, rather than firing at Max range where he is safe. He has acted really weird since the change to him I would be interested if someone that knows how, could compare the changes and see what they messed up on.
21 Nov 2016, 08:21 AM

Out of sync perhaps?
21 Nov 2016, 08:39 AM

With the former or latter? Everything was fine in the commando situation, I didn't get any sluggish feelings or unit delay, it looked like the animation they do when they are getting pushed by a vehicle where you cant control them.
21 Nov 2016, 08:39 AM

Commando squads (and the airlanding officer) receive a forced movement command immediately after spawning. I assume this is so as to make glider landings look cooler.

Unfortunately, you cannot cancel the forced-movement command with the 'Stop' command. Instead you need to issue another movement command to override the forced-move command. After that, commandos will be able to respond to your stop command. I know it's unintuitive as hell, but that's how it works.

Thus. Commandos spawn?
- Issue a movement command anywhere
- Optionally issue a stop command
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 42
Germany 11
unknown 9
unknown 3
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #