Login

russian armor

Problems with the Sturmtiger's shot-blocker avoidance

16 Nov 2016, 03:22 AM

Sturmtigers firing through traditionally shot blockers, permanent sight and shot blockers, and buildings is an unfair advantage.

I understand it has a long range and that is fine, it is your role to detect it with recon units so you can avoid it. I just feel as if there is not a good counterplay to a sturmtiger firing through shot blockers such as forest that detonates any projectile that goes through it (including the AVRE's weapon.)

Usually being stationed behind a traditional shot blocker doesn't require a lot of movement, so it is quite possible to not be able to hear the Sturmtigers iconic engine through the fog of war.

I would just like their projectile to detonate like any others when they attempt to fire through heavy forest, and buildings etc.
16 Nov 2016, 07:04 AM

An even bigger reason I wanna get that commander.
16 Nov 2016, 10:09 AM

as axis player i ignore this tank most of time....its disadvatage much more than advantage.
16 Nov 2016, 10:59 AM

Veto good ST maps like Axis vetoes every urban map.
16 Nov 2016, 14:11 PM

The Sturmtiger projectiles do get blocked by shotblockers. I've missed many blob-wipes, just because some ranndom tree or utility pole blocked the majestic shell flying towards it's destination..
16 Nov 2016, 14:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Nov 2016, 14:11 PMNubb3r
The Sturmtiger projectiles do get blocked by shotblockers. I've missed many blob-wipes, just because some ranndom tree or utility pole blocked the majestic shell flying towards it's destination..

Replay or didn't happen.

At least in theory it cannot be blocked.

I love ST, use it whenever I can (Trois Pont <444>3 ) and it never stopped on any shotblocker for me - contrary to AVRE which is stopped at least once per game.
16 Nov 2016, 15:08 PM

Exactly. Tall buildings or trees can block your shot.
For example on Essen Steelworks:

This guy on the right side!
The tall building over the fuel point on the right side constantly blocks my shells.
16 Nov 2016, 15:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Nov 2016, 15:08 PMRiCE

Exactly. Tall buildings or trees can block your shot.
For example on Essen Steelworks:

This guy on the right side!
The tall building over the fuel point on the right side constantly blocks my shells.

That's very likely because you are hitting the chimney of the building, which, technically, doesn't count as part of an ambient building.
16 Nov 2016, 15:42 PM

If only props, ambient buildings and elevation were considered to be created and adjusted to have consistency towards their impact on gameplay mechanics.
19 Nov 2016, 03:55 AM

You'r right. It may in fact be blocked by forestry when on the low ground. However, buildings still offer no impediment to the projectiles.
22 Nov 2016, 07:01 AM

Already busted buildings will detonate the rocket as well.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★