Login

russian armor

Commando smoke grenades

8 Apr 2017, 03:41 AM

Eh, it's a necro, but its not a Mr.S necro.

Plus I dont consider a necro somthing that is still relevant

Yeah I think it's still relevant. IMO the thing is basically useless.
8 Apr 2017, 08:24 AM

Is it intended that the smoke doesn't break the line of sight?
8 Apr 2017, 10:05 AM

Is it intended that the smoke doesn't break the line of sight?

Yes, it should only provide yellow cover
8 Apr 2017, 21:03 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Would providing heavy cover increase its usefulness too much? I feel like compared to a complete LoS blocker it still trails behind, and Shock Troops also have a cost of 15 while being a LoS blocker.
9 Apr 2017, 18:36 PM

Would providing heavy cover increase its usefulness too much? I feel like compared to a complete LoS blocker it still trails behind, and Shock Troops also have a cost of 15 while being a LoS blocker.

Heavy cover would also decrease incoming mortar damage by 50% That might be, eh, a bit too much.
17 Apr 2017, 04:00 AM

Heavy cover would also decrease incoming mortar damage by 50% That might be, eh, a bit too much.

You could just spam them everywhere on all your infantry lul. I still think they should just get a normal damn smoke grenade and call case closed. It's not like brits are overflowing with useful smoke anyway.
Edit: don't forget 50% reduced damage from grenades and attack ground with tanks too.
24 Apr 2017, 02:46 AM

-regular smoke grenade to block sight would be good option. to block an mg overlooking some mortars = great = useful

-i think it would still work if it gives yellow cover as is, but i think it should be an insta pop smoke bomb at the commandos feet. (means the commando doesnt have to sacrifice dps) i just find that throwing a smoke grenade which breaks stealth or mid firefight anywhere away from you counter intuitive. (make it a vet 1 ability if needed maybe)

- make it not break stealth - use a single off map mortar shell or something like a call in ability so you can still get the jump on the enemy

i figure its
gammon bomb - offense - hit and run against one unit - make germans go boom - run away or hide

smoke pop - defensive - longer fight expected against multiple units. expecting counter attack from other units in the area.

24 Apr 2017, 02:47 AM

just to add i still find the commandoes in general are working as intended. i just find that they have an ability that as it stands i will never use =(
24 Apr 2017, 03:05 AM

just to add i still find the commandoes in general are working as intended. i just find that they have an ability that as it stands i will never use =(

Yeah but I think that all abilities should have some sort of usefulness, as most of them already do, especially if they're taking up a veterancy bonus (as opposed to, say RA or acc buffs that a lot of wfa units get with vet1). Hopefully there's some community patch where the modders get to crusade against all the useless abilities in the game
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★