Login

russian armor

Would coh2 be better without abilities

13 Oct 2016, 20:47 PM

Would it? besides the abilities on infantry, would COH2 just play much better without abilities such as off maps or tank stuns/disable abilities? Artillery abilities only from build-able howitzers?

I'm tired of the company of abilities. Team games just become a huge mess from them.
13 Oct 2016, 21:17 PM

Would it? besides the abilities on infantry, would COH2 just play much better without abilities such as off maps or tank stuns/disable abilities? Artillery abilities only from build-able howitzers?

I'm tired of the company of abilities. Team games just become a huge mess from them.

try Dawn of war 2 and starcraft then
13 Oct 2016, 21:25 PM

try Dawn of war 2 and starcraft then

*DoW II fanboi internet rage intensifies* Dawn of War II has more abilities than CoH 2 though, and more diverse ones, it's just lacking for off-maps, which seeing how CoH 2 has handled them, is a welcome thing.
13 Oct 2016, 22:00 PM

How about cutting your opponent munitions so he can't use abilities all the time?
13 Oct 2016, 22:33 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

WHAT!? How can you just imagine the T-34 without ramming! :snfQuinn:
14 Oct 2016, 21:24 PM

It would be boring and will be a drastic deviation from what CoH is all about.
15 Oct 2016, 00:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Oct 2016, 22:00 PMzerocoh
How about cutting your opponent munitions so he can't use abilities all the time?

Needs more strat points.

Needs strat points at all.
15 Oct 2016, 01:05 AM

No... I need my Close the Pocket against camping noobs... yeah, no!
15 Oct 2016, 05:03 AM

To be fair, you were playing team games.

Anything can happen in team games.

Aside from that, the proposition would kill a unit's utility like the Stuart, Puma, Pak40, or the StuG. I could list many more units that could be affected by this, but you get the idea. The change would be so drastic that it would end up like Command and Conquer. Even then, that series has abilities and off-maps.
15 Oct 2016, 11:32 AM

Wait, you mean active or passive abilities?

I'm guessing you mean active, so yeah, like others have said, you'd just get a hell of a dull and boring gameplay.

If you mean without commanders, there are mods for that.
15 Oct 2016, 15:25 PM

I think there should be a distinction between abilities and well implemented abilities. Stuff like how Close Air Support commander was stupid OP for a while there and once the offmaps were toned down its in a serviceable place. Same thing with the Brit Tactical Cover Arty - for a while it was ALL you saw but now its still useful but not terrible. The list goes on.

I think abilities are important because they reward good micro and give you more strategic options. Could many of them be tweaked further? You bet, but I doubt getting rid of them would make COH better.
15 Oct 2016, 16:01 PM

Close the Pocket was powerful for about a week when no one knew what it did. It was a troll commander for Faceoff at Rostov pretty much.
17 Oct 2016, 23:07 PM

Close the Pocket was powerful for about a week when no one knew what it did. It was a troll commander for Faceoff at Rostov pretty much.

Dude, it's far from a troll commander... If it's done right, it punishes severe overextension.
I have won 3 games via this "Troll" commander out of 5 that I have used it.

One of them was General Mud mind you.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS