Login

russian armor

Asymmetric balance mod

6 Oct 2016, 18:52 PM

Need help to make a mod similar to gg one but I would like to keep asymmetric balance in game
some example : reduce kar98 volks damage give them a scooped stg from the start so the dps is focus on the stg but make it so they can upgrade to sherck but losing stg so they have no ai
make some tanks kill max 2/3 model
lmg (only capped to 1) make bar stronger mid range but weaker long range and many more changes
need some guidance
6 Oct 2016, 22:54 PM

Maybe contact gg or miragefla? If one of them sends you their original mod files, you can just edit it to your liking.
6 Oct 2016, 23:09 PM

Ok will ask them when they are online ty for the help
7 Oct 2016, 19:08 PM

Needs some help to make a scooped stg for volks the objective is to focus 70% of dps of volks on the stg and Nerf the kar 98 from what weapon should i start and what would be the right value ?
7 Oct 2016, 19:20 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I think you should be able to find the weapons under west_german pretty easily in the Mod Tools. The Volksgrenadiers' Kar98K and StG/MP 44 weapons should be clearly labeled under
small_arms->single-fire
and small_arms->burst respectively, if I'm recalling them right.
7 Oct 2016, 19:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Oct 2016, 19:20 PMVuther
I think you should be able to find the weapons under west_german pretty easily in the Mod Tools. The Volksgrenadiers' Kar98K and StG/MP 44 weapons should be clearly labeled under
small_arms->single-fire
and small_arms->burst respectively, if I'm recalling them right.
yea but im trying to create a whole new weapon that will be given to volks the moment they spawn
and i would like to see the dps with the changes
7 Oct 2016, 19:28 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

yea but im trying to create a whole new weapon that will be given to volks the moment they spawn
and i would like to see the dps with the changes

Ah, ok, well clone the weapons by right-clicking it and giving them new names. Then you'll probably also want to clone and rename volks' sbps and ebps as well. Give the cloned sbps and ebps the new weapons (which I'll admit I can't quite remember how to do exactly off the top of my head - try taking a look at the USF Captain or Lieutenant squads for an example of a squad with that starts non-uniform weapons) and add the cloned volks sbps to the spawner list of the first OKW truck so you can build it in-game.

If you can't figure it out, gimme an hour, I'll try to download the Mod Tools on one of my school computers to figure it out :p
7 Oct 2016, 19:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Oct 2016, 19:28 PMVuther

Ah, ok, well clone the weapons by right-clicking it and giving them new names. Then you'll probably also want to clone and rename volks' sbps and ebps as well. Give the cloned sbps and ebps the new weapons (which I'll admit I can't quite remember how to do exactly off the top of my head - try taking a look at the USF Captain or Lieutenant squads for an example of a squad with that starts non-uniform weapons) and add the cloned volks sbps to the spawner list of the first OKW truck so you can build it in-game.

If you can't figure it out, gimme an hour, I'll try to download the Mod Tools on one of my school computers to figure it out :p
ok thanks will try again
7 Oct 2016, 19:39 PM

If you haven't, yet, make sure to check Janne's excellent modding tools intro guide:
https://www.coh2.org/guides/26089/coh2-modding-getting-started-with-the-official-tools

That guide, there, contains about 90% of the information you are ever going to need when creating your mod.

The rest 10% is having a good knowledge of all faction/units, so that you quickly know where to navigate when you want to do your copy-pastas.

If you want to modify something, you clone it (and give it the same name!). Then you change the values.

If you want, say, to give your Volks an STG from the get-go, have a look at how guards or pathfinders get their initial slot weapons.

etc
7 Oct 2016, 19:41 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I don't think it's possible to have scoped and non-scoped versions of the StG44 on one squad - the models will glitch around. You might have to use another weapon!
7 Oct 2016, 19:43 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

If you want to modify something, you clone it (and give it the same name!). Then you change the values.

If you want, say, to give your Volks an STG from the get-go, have a look at how guards or pathfinders get their initial slot weapons.

etc
AH-HA! But he said he wanted to compare the DPS and that would have to be done by using a separate volks sbps/ebps next to the standard one! :romeoMug:
7 Oct 2016, 19:47 PM

If you haven't, yet, make sure to check Janne's excellent modding tools intro guide:
https://www.coh2.org/guides/26089/coh2-modding-getting-started-with-the-official-tools

That guide, there, contains about 90% of the information you are ever going to need when creating your mod.

The rest 10% is having a good knowledge of all faction/units, so that you quickly know where to navigate when you want to do your copy-pastas.

etc
ty smith already saw that guide the real problem comes when choosing the weapon to clone (sp stg ,infrared stg,volks stg) and fiddle with the stats
And make it so is undroppable and come from the start though I could copy Capt Thompson and start from there but then I don't know how change weapon model
Another problem is comparing raw dos of scooped stg volks and vanilla volks to adjust the stats and give stg 70% of the dos of the squad
7 Oct 2016, 19:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Oct 2016, 19:43 PMVuther
AH-HA! But he said he wanted to compare the DPS and that would have to be done by using a separate volks sbps/ebps next to the standard one! :romeoMug:

Ah, I see!

Then, yes, you're right. I didn't read very carefully past the OP :(
7 Oct 2016, 19:50 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Ah, I see!

Then, yes, you're right. I didn't read very carefully past the OP :(

VICTORY IS MINE!
7 Oct 2016, 19:55 PM

ty smith already saw that guide the real problem comes when choosing the weapon to clone (sp stg ,infrared stg,volks stg) and fiddle with the stats
And make it so is undroppable and come from the start though I could copy Capt Thompson and start from there but then I don't know how change weapon model
Another problem is comparing raw dos of scooped stg volks and vanilla volks to adjust the stats and give stg 70% of the dos of the squad

Note that captain thompson is not a slot weapon. This means that when the captain picks up a weapon (e.g., bazooka), the bazooka will sometimes end up on the captain model, depriving the squad of their thompson. Othertimes, when the captain isn't holding another weapon, he will have the thompson accessible.

Moreover, in the captain happens to get sniped at some point, the thompson will be unavailable until the squad becomes reinforced. If you want the STG to be that powerful, you probably want to make the STG a slot item, like how it is now (that can be transfered around to the squad), rather than an entity weapon (which is permanently tie to the entity that carries it).

If you want to replace the stg with a panzerschreck when the upgrade happens, then make the upgrade:
- add a slot weapon to the squad (panzerschreck)
- remove a slot weapon from the squad (stg)

DPS-wise, you can refer to Cruzz's calculator.

The easiest way to, then, update the DPS is scale damage or accuracy (all ranges) appropriately. If you want to control DPS in a different way (e.g., cooldown), things get tricky.

(note that due to the focus-fire mechanic STGs are a bit more accurate than their value indicates, since they have 2 chances of hitting somebody)
7 Oct 2016, 19:59 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

(note that due to the focus-fire mechanic STGs are a bit more accurate than their value indicates, since they have 2 chances of hitting somebody)

Speaking of which, that's focus-fire off right?
7 Oct 2016, 20:03 PM

Note that captain thompson is not a slot weapon. This means that when the captain picks up a weapon (e.g., bazooka), the bazooka will sometimes end up on the captain model, depriving the squad of their thompson. Othertimes, when the captain isn't holding another weapon, he will have the thompson accessible.

Moreover, in the captain happens to get sniped at some point, the thompson will be unavailable until the squad becomes reinforced. If you want the STG to be that powerful, you probably want to make the STG a slot item, like how it is now (that can be transfered around to the squad), rather than an entity weapon (which is permanently tie to the entity that carries it).

If you want to replace the stg with a panzerschreck when the upgrade happens, then make the upgrade:
- add a slot weapon to the squad (panzerschreck)
- remove a slot weapon from the squad (stg)

DPS-wise, you can refer to Cruzz's calculator.

The easiest way to, then, update the DPS is scale damage or accuracy (all ranges) appropriately. If you want to control DPS in a different way (e.g., cooldown), things get tricky.

OK so I clone volks stg make it an instant upgrade (like old mg 34 obers) and buff it until the dps is 70% on the vanilla squad and then nerf the kar 98 to 30% of the vanilla one right ?
7 Oct 2016, 20:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Oct 2016, 19:59 PMVuther

Speaking of which, that's focus-fire off right?
focus fire is off just checked
7 Oct 2016, 20:12 PM

BTW how do I see the dps of the weapon and squad is there and equation?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★