Login

russian armor

Balance suggestions for all factions

9 Oct 2016, 19:29 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Only 3 things i disagree.

1- Double LMG are still a problem and are just a DPS powercreep coming since WFA release.

2- USF AT gun is not comparable to other AT guns. 1st, it still has crap penetration in comparison, unless you are using 24/7 AP shells. For the low increase on pen, it got it's biggest increase on performance ability nerf (vet1 been permanent to timed). 2nd it still has for some reason increased RA (1.25) when it should be normal (1.0).

3- Guards been more prevalent are not due to an increase on performance rather than a meta change (T1 penals). I don't think PTRS should be change further on.

Regarding changes, there's lot to be done. I'll say there are like 5 big changes and then there are plenty of QoL, bugs and minor fixing that has to be done across the board.

Top5:

1- Changes n nerfs to USF mortar
2- Better/spread out formations for 4 man squads
3- Impossibility to double LMGs from racks . You can still get double LMG by picking them from ground
4- Overperforming veterancy levels with ez ease of use. Vet3 RA on rifles, accuracy on Penals, reduce reinforce cost on RE and passive suppression on Obers are some examples. I'll add here that the vet3 increase range on AA for mortars was a bad "fix" call.
5- OKW: remove cost from medic upgrade. Instead, give a research cost to T3 (Schwerer) which enables both the gun and further units (PIV n PV). Makes getting Obers n JPIV faster. PD: cost to deploy could be a bit more than half of it's current cost and the side tech the rest + the current medic cost (keeping total tech cost equal as of now).
PD: or improve handling of SP medkits and/or allow a secondary medic upgrade at HQ.

Then you have a plethora of smaller or bigger changes to units and abilities across the board. Things like make EFA vet1 ability great again or buffing units which have been obsolete for quite some a long time (the Su76/Penal treatment). Doing an ex with both WFA to appease the "famboys"

OKW: Heavy fortifications, LeFH, Emergency repairs, Panzer Commander, Zeroing arty (cost), Sector assault, Hetzer.
USF: support weapon drops (mp to muni similar to UKF), Fire up!, Airdropped combat group, M3 Halftrack, Greyhound
9 Oct 2016, 20:28 PM

Hey! don't forget about OKW's flacktrack. The most useless suppression platform in the game!
10 Oct 2016, 11:38 AM

DPS of MG42/M1919/MG34/Bren LMGS should be nerfed across the board.
11 Oct 2016, 01:36 AM
Senior Editor Badge

Comet is better rounded and doesn't suffer the atrocious penalties while moving unlike the Panther which needs to face with all three MGs to get some respectable, if more consistent AI in. Furthermore, while Comet doesn't get as powerful veterancy it gets god-like WP shells that nuke ATGs and infantry and that DOT will kill.

The Ostheer Panther in most cases doesn't offer much however, as T3 Stug Gs deal DPS much better, are cheaper, and the Ostheer Panther itself is terrible at its role at chasing/running down vehicles and any misses penalize it's long reload and mediocre damage. It's not even that great at killing heavies/advanced medium which is part of its role given it outranges them and has good penetration, but lacks damage.

I've always used a Panther like a Jackson. I think its moving accuracy is fine. Comet is more certainly a better tank at fighting infantry, and the WP shell isn't much to do with the tank itself as it is to do with the power creep of the newer factions which is for a whole series of threads on their own. Panther has 50% moving accuracy (which is standard, yea?) whereas comet has 75%.

I think the comet and panther have separate roles. If I need to kill infantry as Ostheer I don't get a panther.
11 Oct 2016, 02:31 AM
Developer Relic Badge

I've always used a Panther like a Jackson. I think its moving accuracy is fine. Comet is more certainly a better tank at fighting infantry, and the WP shell isn't much to do with the tank itself as it is to do with the power creep of the newer factions which is for a whole series of threads on their own. Panther has 50% moving accuracy (which is standard, yea?) whereas comet has 75%.

I think the comet and panther have separate roles. If I need to kill infantry as Ostheer I don't get a panther.

Except if it's role is to chase down tanks/vehicles with its speed and bully them to death, then it shouldn't have such terrible on the move penalties as it is penalized by misses due to its mediocre damage and low ROF. Can't say just hit stop as then you need to re-acclerate and you've got to be on point in timing a 7+ second reload for a unit that can't generally sight for itself. Doing that might actually let the prey get away.

It's role in the Ostheer arsenal is awkward. I do believe higher accuracy and moving accuracy would help it in its role as a mobile anti-armour unit that Ostheer lacksand if you really want a change up, a slight damage boost so it becomes the go-to unit for Ostheer for dealing with advanced mediums and heavies while not breaking it vs the 640 hp units or 480 (Jackson). Might break it versus light vehicles/tanks where it'll two hit them.

With those changes, it can hunt down mediums efficiently which many Ostheer units can't do due to their speed while it can kite heavies on the field while being durable. It still has flaws like its poor AI unless all MGs are facing and stationary, low ROF, late timing and an average health pool for cost until veterancy. Furthermore, it's still not great at dealing with multiple vehicles unlike StuGs or the pak wall in terms of killing an armour horde.
11 Oct 2016, 05:12 AM

i feel like osteer panther also need better RoF than more dmg
11 Oct 2016, 05:32 AM

Iam still waiting fot volley fire and sherman bulldozer buff.
11 Oct 2016, 10:42 AM

Iam still waiting fot volley fire and sherman bulldozer buff.

Agree on the Sherman bulldozer, that thing is so incredibly inferior to the Brumbar, AssEngineers aren't too great either.

Relic should also consider to finally remove the Thompson crew upgrade, literally the most useless ability in the game.

In general, the older commanders need work again.

About Panther : Agree with what most of you have proposed, those are exactly the weaknesses of the panther, another thing is that T4 still seems too expensive, most of the time where you could tech and build T4 you already got 13CP and the Tiger unlocked so every Ostheer player is going for the Tiger instead, there is no legit reason to even get T4, except if you desperately need the Brumbar or Pwerfer against blobs.
11 Oct 2016, 15:35 PM

DPS of MG42/M1919/MG34/Bren LMGS should be nerfed across the board.

Then it would be CQC units meta.
Shocks, PPSh Cons, Thompson Vehicle Crews... oh, wait, wut? :D
11 Oct 2016, 15:42 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Then it would be CQC units meta.
Shocks, PPSh Cons, Thompson Vehicle Crews... oh, wait, wut? :D

Partysans have had their turn, now its Vehicle Crews :snfPeter:
11 Oct 2016, 20:46 PM

Top5:

1- Changes n nerfs to USF mortar
2- Better/spread out formations for 4 man squads
3- Impossibility to double LMGs from racks . You can still get double LMG by picking them from ground
4- Overperforming veterancy levels with ez ease of use. Vet3 RA on rifles, accuracy on Penals, reduce reinforce cost on RE and passive suppression on Obers are some examples. I'll add here that the vet3 increase range on AA for mortars was a bad "fix" call.
5- OKW: remove cost from medic upgrade. Instead, give a research cost to T3 (Schwerer) which enables both the gun and further units (PIV n PV). Makes getting Obers n JPIV faster. PD: cost to deploy could be a bit more than half of it's current cost and the side tech the rest + the current medic cost (keeping total tech cost equal as of now).
PD: or improve handling of SP medkits and/or allow a secondary medic upgrade at HQ.

Then you have a plethora of smaller or bigger changes to units and abilities across the board. Things like make EFA vet1 ability great again or buffing units which have been obsolete for quite some a long time (the Su76/Penal treatment). Doing an ex with both WFA to appease the "famboys"

OKW: Heavy fortifications, LeFH, Emergency repairs, Panzer Commander, Zeroing arty (cost), Sector assault, Hetzer.
USF: support weapon drops (mp to muni similar to UKF), Fire up!, Airdropped combat group, M3 Halftrack, Greyhound

Some fine suggestions there lad, fine suggestions!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 36
unknown 33
Germany 3
Turkey 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %