Login

russian armor

October 4th Update

12 Oct 2016, 05:22 AM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

From the humble bundle purchases and simple arithmetic, relic seems to have made 68,831 (number sold)* 7.40 (average price) = 0.51 million dollars. I think this is their final cash grab.
12 Oct 2016, 07:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2016, 05:22 AMwouren
From the humble bundle purchases and simple arithmetic, relic seems to have made 68,831 (number sold)* 7.40 (average price) = 0.51 million dollars. I think this is their final cash grab.

Lol, fuckers
12 Oct 2016, 09:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2016, 05:22 AMwouren

Dont forget steam, steam also gets 30%, I think.
12 Oct 2016, 10:11 AM

the skins of this game are rubbish puajj :loco:

a tease
12 Oct 2016, 13:09 PM

Kyle_RE:
Yup, there will be more to come after the War Paint Championships. Our focus for COH2 for the coming months will be integrating additional UGC such as maps and skins as well as keeping the competitive scene going. We also plan to look into a number of known bugs and hopefully address some balance concerns the community have raised in future updates.

This is really the worst part. If even Relic is only hoping for balance patches, I guess we should give up hope... I mean, what the heck are they hoping for?
12 Oct 2016, 14:00 PM

On the other hand balance will never be agreed upon so perhaps they just mean their changes will hopefully be okay with the majority of players. You just know if they nerf any unit then someone will whine about it being useless now.
13 Oct 2016, 21:20 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2016, 13:09 PMmaritn

This is really the worst part. If even Relic is only hoping for balance patches, I guess we should give up hope... I mean, what the heck are they hoping for?

i am sure Kyle did not pay attention to every word he was using like he is writing an English thesis.
13 Oct 2016, 22:38 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Oct 2016, 21:20 PMpigsoup

i am sure Kyle did not pay attention to every word he was using like he is writing an English thesis.

With all the games I've played, balance practically feels like something you can only hope for the best for. I can't remember a game's community ever saying "Everything is fine and balanced".
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's probably why I've seen the strawman argument "A balanced game must be boring" more than a few times. I sure don't see the complaint "The game is balanced but man it's kinda boring" at all.
14 Oct 2016, 00:55 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Oct 2016, 22:38 PMVuther

With all the games I've played, balance practically feels like something you can only hope for the best for. I can't remember a game's community ever saying "Everything is fine and balanced".
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's probably why I've seen the strawman argument "A balanced game must be boring" more than a few times. I sure don't see the complaint "The game is balanced but man it's kinda boring" at all.

Heck even Chess is imba, Whites OP. It's not a matter of been perfectly balanced or not, it's about having a game which seems FAIR.
14 Oct 2016, 21:19 PM

The recent survey by Kyle regarding the balance issues seems like they are getting back on the track, though step by step and slowly.
14 Oct 2016, 21:27 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Heck even Chess is imba, Whites OP. It's not a matter of been perfectly balanced or not, it's about having a game which seems FAIR.

Just like in real life :romeoHype:

I am sorry Romeo for applying your face to a blatantly racist joke.
14 Oct 2016, 22:38 PM
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Oct 2016, 21:20 PMpigsoup

Or better, do like http://www.teamliquid.net/ forum moderators and ban the whole bunch of balance whiners. At very least rename balance forums to; COH balance whiners. Make a monthly "MegaWhine Thread" and delete the rest.

COH2.org Balance:
138334 posts/3276 topics

The entire strategy forums, co-ops, Replay Reviews and campaign - total posts (State Office forums):

138334 posts and 3276 topics about balance, seriously? :huhsign:
Is there really a need to have so many posts/topics about it?

For comparison go check out the Teamliquid community forum for Starcraft 2, CS GO, Heroes of the Storm, Overwatch etc. I know, there are current and former Relic devs that have used these forums a lot. TL has a rule on their forums about balance whine posts. Why don't we have one here to foster some fruitful debate?.
http://www.teamliquid.net/about/
Community
You may have heard that our moderation is strict. Compared to many other places, that's probably true, as it is our goal to provide a place where intelligent discussion and a respectful community can prosper. We give our moderators discretion to use common sense and inject personality into their interaction with forum users.

Regular COH balance poster:

The balance forums are infested by trolls, scrub rhetoric and biased feedback that are lacking humility.
Balance should be based on testing/data analysis, not a "personal feeling" which don't weigh the importance of multiple factors involved. Ofc everyone should be entitled to an opinion, but that belong to the official balance forums. Fruitful balance debate should be in the hands of the less vocal community members that actual know what they talking about. There is no need to make another clone of the official balance whine forum. Also, money talks louder than words. Care about balance? Well, walk the talk and financial support valuable community members/balance tester like GG.

On the balance forums, whiny scrubs will complain to all who will listen. Become a drama queen for a day with thousands of views. Meanwhile, REAL balance tester usually gets ignored/overshadowed by the endless stream of whine posts.
Personal, I have more than 5000 hours into COH2 and I don't consider myself a balance tester. At this point, the balance forums are totally irrelevant.

Also, attitude reflects leadership. Ask yourself what kind of players do we want to attract?. Do we really want the whole community to look like a bunch of whiny scrubs?;

tl dr version; COH balance forums are pretty much irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. Where is the delete button plz?
15 Oct 2016, 00:20 AM

I've been trying to get people to try out and test some of their crazy theories, going so far as to make mods for them to test them, and it gets pretty much ignored in favor of continuing to bitch.

Most of this forum could be dumped into a specific forum for ranting and hating on their last played game.
15 Oct 2016, 15:58 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Unfortunately, this is too late to implement.
In case of a future COH3, this should be thought and brought to the admins from the get go (not the current politic). Not something exclusive to the top25, but something which should avoid the usual shitpost we have around here atm and leave some space for serious discussion.

What i had propose in the past:
-Requirements to post a balance thread: replays uploaded to the site + playercard show up
People shouldn't hide on the annonimatum, gamemode matters as issues differ and skill level shouldn't matter to be able to brought light into something.

-Everyone should be able to see posts in the balance section

-At first, everyone should be able to create threads and post on the balance section.
---In case someone shitpost/flamewar, then revoke the permission to post in OTHER people's thread.
---In case someone spam/create low quality threads, completely prohibit both posting and thread creation.
The point here is that, at first, if someone doesn't know how to interact with others, he should still have a chance of bringing up issues (only been able to post in the thread he makes).
15 Oct 2016, 19:34 PM

See, there was a time that people used to sync audio files with game replays to get meaningful information.

That sorta stuff took dedication and effort on the part of everyone involved. You didn't have people raging on a twitch stream and a hundred followers taking their rants to the forums.

Meaningful balance threads have always involved either a replay or specific changes clearly outlined, (if not accompanying a tuning pack for demonstration.) Other than that, any meaningful posts in any balance thread generally references said replays and/or testable changes.

As such a well tended garden approach to balance discussions would work wonders: keeping discussion about specific replays, videos, maps, and tuning packs, and not specific people, fanboism, Relic hate, or wishlists.

All that/(this) other stuff can be redirected to other forums.
17 Oct 2016, 23:22 PM

The recent survey by Kyle regarding the balance issues seems like they are getting back on the track, though step by step and slowly.

Except it was missing the "Fix all the fkn above mate" button.

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Oct 2016, 21:27 PMVuther

Just like in real life :romeoHype:
I am sorry Romeo for applying your face to a blatantly racist joke.

Lol, I had a good chuckle at this

18 Oct 2016, 08:45 AM

Unfortunately, this is too late to implement.
In case of a future COH3, this should be thought and brought to the admins from the get go (not the current politic). Not something exclusive to the top25, but something which should avoid the usual shitpost we have around here atm and leave some space for serious discussion.

What i had propose in the past:
-Requirements to post a balance thread: replays uploaded to the site + playercard show up
People shouldn't hide on the annonimatum, gamemode matters as issues differ and skill level shouldn't matter to be able to brought light into something.

-Everyone should be able to see posts in the balance section

-At first, everyone should be able to create threads and post on the balance section.
---In case someone shitpost/flamewar, then revoke the permission to post in OTHER people's thread.
---In case someone spam/create low quality threads, completely prohibit both posting and thread creation.
The point here is that, at first, if someone doesn't know how to interact with others, he should still have a chance of bringing up issues (only been able to post in the thread he makes).

Balance whiners are all around the balance forum and honestly you've more than enough fed them, gave them credit with responses.
Take it as a troll if you want but my guess is that Katikof would have made a good moderator, if he could have moderate all the stupid stuff he was trolling on purpose, the balance forum would have been much more cleaner.
18 Oct 2016, 15:56 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Oct 2016, 08:45 AMEsxile

Balance whiners are all around the balance forum and honestly you've more than enough fed them, gave them credit with responses.
Take it as a troll if you want but my guess is that Katikof would have made a good moderator, if he could have moderate all the stupid stuff he was trolling on purpose, the balance forum would have been much more cleaner.

Rules states to moderate trolling/flaming posts, not stupid stuff unfortunately (in the sense of extreme balance/gameplay points of view). Even then, the forum politic has been laissez faire regarding posting.
When i entered staff most people who are/were worth discussing with had either left the game or abandon the forums quite some time ago. The problem is not having people crying 24/7 allies/axis OP, but not been able to have a place to properly discuss matters in a serious way.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 55
unknown 19
Germany 11
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %