Login

russian armor

People's mentalities toward OKW: Time to change

20 Sep 2016, 12:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2016, 17:40 PMruzen

Peoples immersion won't break for Protos vs Protos or England vs England. Ageof... Serries, Cossacks, Tzar, Rise of Nations and all RTS have mirror matches.

At some point you got to ask yourself as a company: Am I making games for "WW2 nerds" or strategy lovers?

I guess I have to quote from myself again.

Except that Relic already made Mirror in CoH2 beta and the game rate went down extremely quickly. Luckily they have realized thing before it's too late and fixed it up.

Your mention of the games are not comparable to CoH, not even a single bit, especially when it come to reality immersion. I play many RTS games more than just what you said. And to this day, nothing has surpassed CoH yet. Especially the original.

Edit: Oops, it seems that this go off the rail. Please open another topic, add the poll if you want to discuss further about this.
21 Sep 2016, 11:42 AM

Don't mind the replay. It's just me failing while trying out new tactic.

However, pay attention to the conversation at around the mid to late of the game where i basically mad at those Soviet players for blobbing. And what was one of the player answer was? Still claiming OKW to be the strongest faction! Like, are you f*cking kidding me!? You (or his teammate, i don't even care back then) blob with that huge ass Penal blob (Like 4-6 squads), steam roll through my army like there was nothing there, and you still claim OKW to be the strongest!? What a bloody joke!

Like, seriouly, how can this still be a thing even though the patch has been out for like 3 months? or 2? Basically quite a long time already and still there are these kind of people still imagine OKW to be somewhat OP like before patch! What the heck, man!?
21 Sep 2016, 18:41 PM

It's unsporting to complain about the way an opponent is playing during a match. I'm not surprised you're getting a negative response.
22 Sep 2016, 01:41 AM

It's unsporting to complain about the way an opponent is playing during a match. I'm not surprised you're getting a negative response.

I'm not talking about the negativity in the conversation, which i'm fully awared of my unsporting action (I already said I was too mad, I lost my mind back then, things happened man. We are humans after all). What I want to point out is that specific line spoken by the Soviet player, the one that he claim me playing as the strongest faction in the game. That kind of idea is what i'm trying to refer to, the core thing in people's mentalities! They still think OKW being the strongest, which make everything they done to win just seems worth it. No, they are not! Especially when you blob Penals and think you win fair and square. ‎
22 Sep 2016, 03:20 AM

I'm not talking about the negativity in the conversation, which i'm fully awared of my unsporting action (I already said I was too mad, I lost my mind back then, things happened man. We are humans after all). What I want to point out is that specific line spoken by the Soviet player, the one that he claim me playing as the strongest faction in the game. That kind of idea is what i'm trying to refer to, the core thing in people's mentalities! They still think OKW being the strongest, which make everything they done to win just seems worth it. No, they are not! Especially when you blob Penals and think you win fair and square. ‎

He did win fair and square.
Vaz
22 Sep 2016, 03:24 AM

a drama replay...sure I'll have a look, lol
22 Sep 2016, 03:42 AM

The worst faction is always the one I'm playing and my opponent's is always the most OP. Any strategy I employ is a fair display of skill and all my opponents use no-skill cheese which only works due to bad game design.
Vaz
22 Sep 2016, 03:52 AM

William, I don't think you have a leg to stand on here. You and your partner both played pretty bad in this game. The guy with the penal blob kind of was too. However, he didn't say OKW was OP either. It's his opinion that OKW is the strongest faction. I don't know that we can really make a determination of which faction is the strongest unless we resort to global statistics.
22 Sep 2016, 05:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2016, 03:52 AMVaz
William, I don't think you have a leg to stand on here. You and your partner both played pretty bad in this game. The guy with the penal blob kind of was too. However, he didn't say OKW was OP either. It's his opinion that OKW is the strongest faction. I don't know that we can really make a determination of which faction is the strongest unless we resort to global statistics.

That's the thing! There is no faction right now that is the strongest or the weakest! I never assume this faction is stronger or weaker since it depends on the map, strategy, and many other factors. The game has change and I must admit, it's fairly balance overall. Some may got a slight edge but overall, it's balance than ever since the release of the WFA.

However, when someone just state out OKW being OP or the strongest one without considering other factors is just plain crap! That Soviet said it! He claim OKW to be the strongest! And yes, I have no right to immediately change his perspective, but we can all influent it, let them relize the real facts by themselves. 

Also, again, I already state in the first place: Don't mind the replay! I was trying out new tactic in that match for the first time (Trying No-Volk strategy and see how viable it can be) so of course, I won't be at my top shape! The only reason I use this replay was to point out that 1 specific line spoken by the Soviet player to prove my point in this post. 

If you want to review my replay, please go ahead but post it here: ‎https://www.coh2.org/topic/56618/2v2-no-volks-strategy-vs-penal-blobs . However, I would very much appreciate reviews that talk about how I can improve the No-Volk strategy.‎
22 Sep 2016, 06:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2016, 17:40 PMruzen

Peoples immersion won't break for Protos vs Protos or England vs England. Ageof... Serries, Cossacks, Tzar, Rise of Nations and all RTS have mirror matches.

At some point you got to ask yourself as a company: Am I making games for "WW2 nerds" or strategy lovers?

I guess I have to quote from myself again.

I think it has more to do with balance than immersion. With 5 different factions there are simply too many possible combinations that need to be balanced if you allow any match-up. As we've seen so far, even balancing axis vs. allies is challenging for lelic.
Vaz
22 Sep 2016, 06:16 AM

If you say so. It's my opinion that their reliance on stats to balance the game is a big problem.
4 Oct 2016, 12:52 PM

That's the thing! There is no faction right now that is the strongest or the weakest! I never assume this faction is stronger or weaker since it depends on the map, strategy, and many other factors. The game has change and I must admit, it's fairly balance overall. Some may got a slight edge but overall, it's balance than ever since the release of the WFA.

However, when someone just state out OKW being OP or the strongest one without considering other factors is just plain crap! That Soviet said it! He claim OKW to be the strongest! And yes, I have no right to immediately change his perspective, but we can all influent it, let them relize the real facts by themselves. 

Also, again, I already state in the first place: Don't mind the replay! I was trying out new tactic in that match for the first time (Trying No-Volk strategy and see how viable it can be) so of course, I won't be at my top shape! The only reason I use this replay was to point out that 1 specific line spoken by the Soviet player to prove my point in this post. 

If you want to review my replay, please go ahead but post it here: ‎https://www.coh2.org/topic/56618/2v2-no-volks-strategy-vs-penal-blobs . However, I would very much appreciate reviews that talk about how I can improve the No-Volk strategy.‎

Yes, it's very annoying, I agree.

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2016, 06:16 AMVaz
If you say so. It's my opinion that their reliance on stats to balance the game is a big problem.

Unit stats or player stats?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS