Login

russian armor

GG Redesign/Rebalance Mod

17 Sep 2016, 16:34 PM

Overall it shows some potential and good changes, but I have some question..

- OKW: Obers will be the exact copy of Pgrens, but with the kar98 instead of the MP44.. so with 2 shreks they will be just tankshunter and nothing else on their hand (removing the boundle grande as well)
- OKW: Luchs with 0.6 dmg ratio on infantry makes it kind an useless unit, since its not worth on fight vs any allied light tank (which all have good AT capabilities)
- OST/OKW: Pgren and obers with shreck upgrade won’t be able to pick weapons of the ground since their upgrade will take both slots. I would prefer/suggest to put 1 shreck upgrade at cost of 60 muni.
- OST/OKW: none of them can buy LMG on any of their squad without being doc
- ALL: whats the proupose to have infiltration unit (partisans, Infiltration Commandos, fallschirmjägers, etc).. if them can’t spawn from neutral buildings?
- UKF: if mortar pit will cost 40 fuel.. it should not have an HP nerf (added to armor nerf)
- UKF: even if I’m fully agree about 17 Pounder need some care.. maybe that it’s a bit too much reducing MP, fuel and popcap.
- USF: Jackson 12 popcap? Wut?
- USF: If Pershing has to be USF heavy thank.. it shouldn’t have just 280 frontal armor IMO.
- OST: Same as up.. maybe even Tiger should have a little frontal armor buff.
17 Sep 2016, 16:39 PM

maybe you didn't understand the aim of this mod, make coh 2 a bit less RNG and a bit more based on skill.

RNG and skill are not opposed

But i see on your playercard that you are a 4 vs 4 player, so i guess your review doesn't even count.

Forum_shithead_count = Forum_shithead_count +1
17 Sep 2016, 16:41 PM

maybe you didn't understand the aim of this mod, make coh 2 a bit less RNG and a bit more based on skill.
There are thousands of other blob counters (the main one is MG), you don t need a 13 CP Tiger to kill a blob.

But i see on your playercard that you are a 4 vs 4 player, so i guess your review doesn't even count.

bud. If you look at the bottom of my player card it explicitly says "most played faction Wehrmacht 2v2 Randoms". Im currently top 5 for ostheer 2v2, top 10 for brits 2v2, top 10 axis AT etc. Read all the player card if you wanna judge it.

Mg doesnt counter blobs in the late game when there are yellow craters everywhere giving all infantry an additional -25% Received accuracy on top of there vet bonuses. Ostheer relies most on their tanks to deal with enemy infantry. Limiting the amount of kills per shot should be based around what tank is firing and what its firing against. For example, soviets have 6 man squads which mean at most a tank can take it down in 3 shots with each shot taking out 33% of the squad. On the other hand, a t34 shooting at a gren squad kills 2 models per shot but since grens are only 4 man squads, t34s only need 2 shots to wipe them instead of 3. This is an indirect buff to the allies and they certainly dont need more buffs in the current meta.
17 Sep 2016, 16:41 PM

On the whole, interesting proposition, will be interested to see it in action. Most of it I like, some of it I really dislike, we'll see how it works in practice.
17 Sep 2016, 16:44 PM
Senior Caster Badge

I dislike what you did with snipers and tank shells. Brummbarr can only kill 2 at a time? What about tiger? They aren't in the meta and now they never will be. They were really good against blobs and now they can only dmg 2 models in each shot?

"All Tanks now have a maximum models damaged per squad set to 2 in exchange for about 20% less scatter. This is to create more consistent performance and reduce cheesy squad wipes. Exceptions are Brummbar, ISU, and KV2 which are able to kill 3 models per squad per shot. Ostwind and Centaur have no limit"
17 Sep 2016, 16:56 PM

"All Tanks now have a maximum models damaged per squad set to 2 in exchange for about 20% less scatter. This is to create more consistent performance and reduce cheesy squad wipes. Exceptions are Brummbar, ISU, and KV2 which are able to kill 3 models per squad per shot. Ostwind and Centaur have no limit"

Yo da man! Although I dislike how this gives more advantage to the allies which generally have larger and squads and cheaper models. For example, a cromwell shooting at grens will deal 60 MP bleed while a more expensive p4 will only deal 40 MP bleed against soviets.

17 Sep 2016, 16:59 PM

Why would you make usf's teching linear without changing teching costs? You are essentially making them unable to get medium armor til way after every other faction.
??? Did you actually read the mod? He made teching more expensive for others and okw is on the same boat
But yea I disagree it makes m20 dead completely move it to tier 1 instead of pack howy
17 Sep 2016, 17:15 PM

I gotta say I this mid you completely butcher light vehicle (and not light tank wich are the problem) no one is gonna build any AA half truck m20
Sniper is dead litteraly you shoot and retreat
Then you did this big symmetrical balance when it was not need for example :raketn to pak 40 why ? Could you not just first copy the pack 40 give it retreat lower the range to 50 so it has green cover and same projectile but is still the raketen that can stealth so is more of an ambush unit ?
What about ober ? They litteraly are pg just leave mg 34 then nerf volks to pre September lvl so they are shit vs inf but are cheap and give them back panzer sherck or some ptrs so they cover light vehicle
Then al the things @golaroid said
And heavy in tier 4 they are supposed to be only 1 and call in although they should cost only mp like vcoh so you can't skip tier cause good luck saving 900 mp
Not even talking about volks as starting unit really no reason
And elite troops is dead with the interrogation and KT
Edit: the more I look at the mod the more I feel like is a bad idea
17 Sep 2016, 17:28 PM

I like most of the changes but the one I was looking for was the repair speed for the EFA.

I see that rear echelon and royal engineer had there repair rate reduce (although increased a bit once they get their 5th man) but I see that Ostheer can upgrade bunkers to repair stations now and the Soviets get nothing.

Is it because the Soviets have some commanders that have some repair abilities? If so I just be honest I don't entirely agree that Soviets get nothing.

Can I just suggest to make repair station buildable form Soviet industries and replace that ability in the commander with salvage kits (will need some tweeking)? The commander already comes with vehicle repair so I don't know why it needs the repair station ability.

P.s I can see that OKW mine sweeper package didn't come with a repair upgrade anymore. Good job (was far to high with it).

17 Sep 2016, 17:35 PM

I like most of the changes but the one I was looking for was the repair speed for the EFA.

I see that rear echelon and royal engineer had there repair rate reduce (although increased a bit once they get their 5th man) but I see that Ostheer can upgrade bunkers to repair stations now and the Soviets get nothing.

Is it because the Soviets have some commanders that have some repair abilities? If so I just be honest I don't entirely agree that Soviets get nothing.

P.s I can see that OKW mine sweeper package didn't come with a repair upgrade anymore. Good job (was far to high with it).

he wrote that after all combat eng are cheap and cost less than pioneer so it was fair and beacuse Soviet have 3 different doc reapair (station,crew and cons)
17 Sep 2016, 17:38 PM
Patrion 14

I love the changes, but some strike me as odd.

I'm not yet sold on the OKW and USF tech since it's basically Ost 1.0. But I'll give it more time :)

The reduced faust and at nade change is a nice idea but since how flames from vehicles work wasn't altered it makes it into a death trap trying to snare one of those vehicles.

Changes that should be added
- Ask either Miragfla or Cruzzi how to make territory points passthrough for vehicles. It's the simplest but biggest improvement to vehicle pathing.
- If you can, I don't know if it's possible, fix shift queuing for vehicles. The radius for which a vehicle considers a destination reached is so big that the feature is unusable to make any sensible movements with vehicles which is a shame since it worked perfectly in coh1 and was quite a help to avoid pathing issues.
17 Sep 2016, 18:20 PM

What did you do to the poor USF forces?
This post is truly the stuff of nightmares, there are some buffs in there but how it looks, instead of opening more strategies you'll have even less viable options...
17 Sep 2016, 18:25 PM
Senior Caster Badge

I love the changes, but some strike me as odd.
Changes that should be added
- Ask either Miragfla or Cruzzi how to make territory points passthrough for vehicles. It's the simplest but biggest improvement to vehicle pathing.

Already done. Was actually quite an easy change. The only issue is then infantry can stand inside of them which looks really funny, but worth it for sure.
17 Sep 2016, 19:26 PM
Patrion 14

Already done. Was actually quite an easy change. The only issue is then infantry can stand inside of them which looks really funny, but worth it for sure.

Brilliant :)

I played a couple more games. And ran a couple of numbers regarding things I observed.

I can see USF having problems due to the new teching and the cost of teching. At the moment they pay more to get out a sherman than ost does for a p4. I also don't see the reason for the triple (quadruple considering the fix to wipes) nerf to the sherman, a unit that was always inferior to the p4 (except for the cheesy wipe with explosive rounds, which is now fixed). The performance delta to me seems far greater than the cost delta of now only 5 fuel, disregarding the higher teching costs for the sherman.

The m20 also feels like it is in the wrong tier, it doesn't have the potential to impact the game considering how late it arrives. It is also 20 fuel more expensive to field than a 222. The counter, which is just flat out better at everything, will hit the field before the m20. Add to that the non doctrinal access to mines and it's purpose or role seems overall very questionable.

My suggestion would be, if you do not want the m20 in t2, to replace it with a mine laying m8. Miragefla did have a version that performed okay, unlike the one in coh2.
Would probably overlap too much with the stuart.

What also struck me as weird was the introduction of assault engineers as a standard unit. Why not enable REs to lay mines or just removing REs? There are now 2 units with basically the same task, but one being superior than the other.

I certainly need a lot more games, but I had no issue getting my p4 out before the sherman hit the field. Even worse if USF goes for a stuart. On maps like langre the problem is even more severe since trying to cut off the fuel can be rather difficult.
Phy
18 Sep 2016, 08:47 AM

Overall, I like all changes.

A few things I don't understand at all...

-Penals PTRS upgrade makes Tank Hunters useless imo. I think a better choice is to give a long range unit to SU. For example dp28 upgrade to penals or ppsh to penals and replace the doc-pssh upgrade for cons with dp28.

-Useless commanders in SU/OST need a better rework IMO. I understand it's a huge task, but since coh2 release, people have thrown a lot of nice ideas to rework unused commanders. Just a quick search to coh2 forum

-MG34 should be given a supression buff with a cost increase. Right now it's a useless mg compared to all the other ones

Good job!
18 Sep 2016, 09:30 AM

I agree with 90% of these but I don't agree with the rest or I believe there is a better way to fix/improve said thing.
18 Sep 2016, 14:52 PM

I played around with it a bit yesterday. I do have a couple suggestions for USF. The M20 comes out too late in tier 3. USF's tier 3 should be Sherman, M10, and AA HT which are more equivalent to Ost's tier 3. Tier 4 could be Easy 8, Jackson, and a reworked Bulldozer Sherman. If you keep the M20 and Stuart, put them in tier 2 but make them delay tier 3 enough so that it has to be a strategic decision whether or not to get them.

Armor company would get the M18 and Pershing since M10 and Bulldozer would be non-doc.

I still think it would be better for Grens to have a 5-man squad because they'll still be pretty at risk of being wiped easily in late game due to indirect. I'm not sure how getting rid of the LMG upgrade will work. It probably won't be so bad with the USF not being able to buy double bars.
18 Sep 2016, 15:47 PM

I am very interested to test this out. I Like alot of the content and really appreciate the initiative required to go and change things you don't like.

Is there a group of folks who are playing this or is everyone still really busy facerolling new players from the steamsale?
18 Sep 2016, 15:48 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Yes, join the Discord and Steam group that I posted on the initial post.
18 Sep 2016, 16:13 PM

Sounds promising enough. I will give it a try when I can.

However, there is one very stand-out thing that just seems rather odd: OKW truck can only place in Base sector (Which is good since it removes cheesy FRPs) then what's the point of buying the 37mm Flak gun?‎

The rest needs an in-game try-out to actually see how it go, but overall, hypothetically, it could works.‎

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 104
unknown 11
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak