Login

russian armor

What's left to fix to have a fairly balanced game?

13 Sep 2016, 18:27 PM

I count KV-1 and KV-2 needs something. What else? FAIRLY balanced, not perfectly. With all units usable.
13 Sep 2016, 18:37 PM

M O R T A R
O
R
T
A
R

you know which one
13 Sep 2016, 18:42 PM

M O R T A R
O
R
T
A
R

you know which one

No, i dont. Please tell US(F) :D

I dont like the Flame HT, with 90 munis you get the most lethal flame-thrower (double, don't forget) in the game. But that's just me.
13 Sep 2016, 19:00 PM
Donator 11

I dont like the Flame HT, with 90 munis you get the most lethal flame-thrower (double, don't forget) in the game. But that's just me.

Croc is the most powerful, also double, facing same direction, and afaik with some additional effects. Flame HT is kind of good but its a shade of its former glory. In fact I usually don't upgrade it couse I would have to buy another one to reinforce.
13 Sep 2016, 19:05 PM

*cough croc *cough
13 Sep 2016, 19:18 PM

Before someone says M-42 I've been using them recently and for 200mp they are 'okay'. I mean they are in doctrines that promote T1, so a SU is a must, but I can't deny they are 'ok'.
13 Sep 2016, 19:28 PM

Slight Nerf to the Stuart and T70, decreased rate of fire or less accuracy on retreating Units.
Increase Cost of the 222s slightly (sth like 20 manpower, 5 fuel), - like i said these changes should be very small, not to make the units useless but less annoying.

BARs Brenguns and 1919s DPS needs to be lowered since they can be bought in pairs, once again it should be a small and not a drastic nerf.

Turning Speed of the Cromwell and M10 should be adjusted to the turning speed of a P4, this makes crushing units a challenge and not an easy gimmick, especially for the M10 it is very important.

All indirect Fire for all Factions should be nerfed on Auto Attack. These Units should be ordered for a specific task and used manually in the barrage abiliy to deal with a certain target like a fortification/ MG nest, and not to give free nonskill Kills - Much more scatter in Auto Attack for all Mortars and Howitzers/ Infantry Guns. ( Many hate on the US Mortar, but ALL Mortars are overperforming in Auto Attack right now, as if Relic wants to force People to put them in their standart builds)

Maxim and Duschka performance adjusted to all other MGs in the Game, increase the Arc and setup Time. An HMG should be a tactical support weapon that needs to be used wisely and in low numbers, not to fall into enemy hands. Using it as a normal infantry unit shouldnt work, as it doesnt for all other factions. Especially a garisoned Duschka is on top of that issue, capable of stopping a whole infantry army thats flanking from 3 sides single handed, due to its extreme suppression + facing setup time.

Calliope and LandMattress - increase the arc of the rockets, to give a bit more time to react to the barrage before it hits, LandMattress should have less Rockets on top of that.
13 Sep 2016, 19:33 PM

FIX THE GOD DAMN OKW.
13 Sep 2016, 19:55 PM

There are still a lot of really crappy USF doctrinal abilities that have never been touched and need some work to become useful. Recon company especially.
13 Sep 2016, 20:50 PM

If you read through the past months of posts in this forum you'll get a superficial idea of what people think. What's the point in this?
13 Sep 2016, 21:12 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

They've got most of the non-doctrinal units in a good spot now, with only some minor changes required to specific units. (and major change needed on USF mortar)
Underpowered/Underused units in no particular order:
- Ostheer Ostwind
- m8 Scott
- british nades
- Churchill
- AT emplacement
- Flak-HT
- ISG(smoke)

I think these are probably obviously underperforming units that most people would agree need changes. There are plenty of other units that that people could pick out to be changed, but atleast they are fairly functional. Except for the ISG, these units are pretty much never seen, which is sad for non-doctrinal units.

Once those are done they can start working on the doctrinal stuff, but there is too much to name.
13 Sep 2016, 21:17 PM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

Making the comet/cromwell smoke ability less buggy. That's something from the top of my head.
13 Sep 2016, 21:21 PM

The only 'BIG' changes left are things such as removing double-upgrades from mainline infantry (although HOW to go about this is undecided), possibly something to help with blob control (personally suggest increased supression AoE or negative zeal), and then just 'cheese' fixes (bofors nerf, OKW-flakHQ, etc.).

After that point it's mostly small stuff, like others have said: turn speeds, slight RoF changes, adjustments to some docs to make them more viable, etc. And then there's bug fixes (i.e. bugs that impact gameplay consistently).
13 Sep 2016, 21:52 PM

It's also super fragile and can no longer reinforce
13 Sep 2016, 21:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2016, 21:12 PMTobis
They've got most of the non-doctrinal units in a good spot now, with only some minor changes required to specific units. (and major change needed on USF mortar)
Underpowered/Underused units in no particular order:
- Ostheer Ostwind
- m8 Scott
- british nades
- Churchill
- AT emplacement
- Flak-HT
- ISG(smoke)

I think these are probably obviously underperforming units that most people would agree need changes. There are plenty of other units that that people could pick out to be changed, but atleast they are fairly functional. Except for the ISG, these units are pretty much never seen, which is sad for non-doctrinal units.

Once those are done they can start working on the doctrinal stuff, but there is too much to name.

There is nothing wrong with mill bombs(British based). Id also argue the Churchill is fine as well. The only reason we don't see it is due to the fact comet is miles better.
Other than mill bombs and Churchill I agree with your list.

In addition:
-Yellow cover only applies to stationary units. This will increase the effectiveness of hmgs since it'll suppress and pin yolo blobs much better. It will also allow the axis infantry to drop more enemy models before they can close in.

- 4 man squads need more spacing between models.

- no double lmgs.

- for indirect fire, decrease effectiveness of auto fire but decrease setup and take down time. Maybe buff barrage.

- ost panther needs better moving accuracy.

- Cons get DP upgrade

- decrease calliopes health to 480 (3 atg shots)

- change Stuart stun ability.

- increase cost of 222 slightly and fix coaxial mg bug on it.

- comet: pick one
A. Less range
B. Less speed
C. Less armor
D. Less effective vs infantry

This is what I can think of off the top of my head. I'll add more if I remember.

PS: your avatar scared me

13 Sep 2016, 22:21 PM

There is nothing wrong with mill bombs(British based). Id also argue the Churchill is fine as well. The only reason we don't see it is due to the fact comet is miles better.

The problem with Brit nades is that it seems to be tallied up to the total cost for teching. This means that Brit mainline tech costs are comparably lower to other factions.

Brit nade tech is also way too overpriced for what it offers (a short-range grenade for a squad that bleeds like a pig in short-range and can't flank for shit?). This means that nade tech is skipped 100% of the time, and Brits just go for a fast Cromwell.

- Just make nade tech cheaper (to make it a near-no-brainer) and throw the rest of the tech cost back into the mainline tech tree. You -want- to make Brits purchase the side-tech to delay their tanks.

As long as side-tech is so expensive for what it offers, people will skip it in a gamble for getting their actual stronger units out.

Anvil Churchill feels like it's in a near-perfect spot right now (remember; for any unit that seems crappy when you build it, try going for two). It just needs a reduction to smoke projector speed penalty (say from 50% to 25%); it's already the slowest tank in the game.

Popcap could also go slightly down to differentiate it from the other Churchills (all variants are at 18 pop). However, that won't make a big difference unless all heavies get their popcap readjusted to reflect their actual performance.
13 Sep 2016, 22:40 PM

Croc is the most powerful, also double, facing same direction, and afaik with some additional effects. Flame HT is kind of good but its a shade of its former glory. In fact I usually don't upgrade it couse I would have to buy another one to reinforce.

The croc costs like 500 something manpower and 150 something fuel and it comes at 14 CPs.
You cant not compare it to the Flame HT.
I am not saying that it is super powerful, the croc is a beast.

*cough croc *cough

Same as above, cant compare this two units.

It's also super fragile and can no longer reinforce

So is the 222 and the T70 (fragile) like they suppose to be. In the hand of a good player, the Flame halftrack is very deadly. Maybe a little to deadly. As i said, a little :D

13 Sep 2016, 22:47 PM

Imo Brits should get also a non doctrinal snare. Or at least fix the only doctrinal snare the Brits have. AT grenades from the Brits do not cause engine damage to vehicles.
And USF should get mines (the REs could get them) or at least give the doctrinal mines to the REs and not the Rifleman.
13 Sep 2016, 22:47 PM

So is the 222 and the T70 (fragile) like they suppose to be. In the hand of a good player, the Flame halftrack is very deadly. Maybe a little to deadly. As i said, a little :D

i use it a lot since it forces the allies to either side tech or get a very expensive atg. The axis have similar problems with aec t70 stuart aaht etc.

i think its in a good spot right now.
13 Sep 2016, 22:48 PM

The croc costs like 500 something manpower and 150 something fuel and it comes at 14 CPs.
You cant not compare it to the Flame HT.
I am not saying that it is super powerful, the croc is a beast.

Same as above, cant compare this two units.

we croc comes with a canon at least 4 time the hp and tons of armor any LV even uc can scare of flame half track it has no armor and flame do nothing to armored unit so (m3,uc,m20,jeep and at gun for early counter)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★