Login

russian armor

RELIC'S WPC Change of plan

PAGES (10)down
12 Sep 2016, 19:06 PM
Senior Referee Badge

I've been thumbing through this thread, do they have a date for those grand finals?

Probably the 9th of octobet i believe
12 Sep 2016, 20:01 PM

Permanently Banned

I rather suspect you might. Do enlighten us. :)

According to this guide for Russians already abroad, it could take 3 months. I assume that time limits for domestic applications will be little different.

http://travel.stackexchange.com/questions/46679/how-long-should-it-take-to-get-a-russian-passport

In the circumstances of this competition, it seems unlikely that Noggano could ever have obtained a passport in the WPC time limits. Hence my earlier suggestion that passports be checked at the start.

I am dunno how make it in Russia. Coz from my experience i dont will be trust official documents. Coz its so many bureaucracy and maybe bribe to make passport and dont forget about visa.
12 Sep 2016, 20:52 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Noggano said he tried to communicate w/ Kyle via Steam chat before the Semis but got no response. I don't think anybody realized that he would be completely disqualified if he couldn't make the trip to Vancouver. Generally when you no-show for a round, you lose that round. IMO he should get the 2nd place prize money. Had he known he would be outright disqualified from the entire event, he would have intentionally lost the Semis so that he could play in the 3rd-place game for $750. This would have also been totally lame, ofc, but at least he could have won a prize. :facepalm:

Today in Relic's stream chat, Kyle clarified that Noggano will get the chance to play the winner of DevM vs. Jesulin for money in some future event. This is good to learn, as I read their blog post simply as he would get the #1 seed in a future tourney, which is really worth nothing.

When we asked when the War Paint Finals would be, Kyle wrote "August 8th," but we can only hope that was a typo or something.
12 Sep 2016, 21:01 PM

To summarise - It sucks for Noggano, but then he was given pretty concrete terms that now do disqualify him. The way the other final slot was filled was controversial and now involves a final where one player has already beaten the other in the same tournament. But that's just life.

With regards Noggano being compensated for already beating the third place winner (VonIvan) Relic have come up with somewhat of a solution. Not the solution I would have come up with (giving him the 3rd place prize money) but it is a solution. Nothing much else to see here. In future the rules should be more specific about what stage players are DQ'd and what happens to the empty slot.
12 Sep 2016, 21:59 PM

inb4 someone can't come to the final :snfCHVGame:
12 Sep 2016, 22:20 PM

Noggano said he tried to communicate w/ Kyle via Steam chat before the Semis but got no response. I don't think anybody realized that he would be completely disqualified if he couldn't make the trip to Vancouver. Generally when you no-show for a round, you lose that round. IMO he should get the 2nd place prize money. Had he known he would be outright disqualified from the entire event, he would have intentionally lost the Semis so that he could play in the 3rd-place game for $750. This would have also been totally lame, ofc, but at least he could have won a prize. :facepalm:

Today in Relic's stream chat, Kyle clarified that Noggano will get the chance to play the winner of DevM vs. Jesulin for money in some future event. This is good to learn, as I read their blog post simply as he would get the #1 seed in a future tourney, which is really worth nothing.

When we asked when the War Paint Finals would be, Kyle wrote "August 8th," but we can only hope that was a typo or something.

I don't want to blindly defend Relic because I wish there was a better solution - and I would have loved to watch Noggano go up against DevM live... But Kyle's email stated the rules quite clearly on what happens if a player cannot attend the finals in Vancouver.

I still would have preferred to allow Noggano to play online for 3rd somehow and send some one in his place, rather than outright disqualifying him... But the rules were there and they were clear. Whether or not they could have been better though... Certainly a topic for discussion in the case of future similar events hosted by Relic.
13 Sep 2016, 00:46 AM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2016, 22:20 PMCieZ

I don't want to blindly defend Relic because I wish there was a better solution - and I would have loved to watch Noggano go up against DevM live... But Kyle's email stated the rules quite clearly on what happens if a player cannot attend the finals in Vancouver.

I still would have preferred to allow Noggano to play online for 3rd somehow and send some one in his place, rather than outright disqualifying him... But the rules were there and they were clear. Whether or not they could have been better though... Certainly a topic for discussion in the case of future similar events hosted by Relic.

I still wonder how people fail to realize this. Thanks CieZ
A_E
13 Sep 2016, 08:04 AM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

I for one don't think Relic have screwed up that badly in this case. The rules were there from the beginning and an email in addition was sent out.

I do think Noggano should be given compensation though, as with Relic knowing two of their best players are Russian, it's not fair to not give more than three months warning, as theoretically it was impossible for Noggano to make this work anyway.

The upper echelon of players is only about 10 strong at best, and two of them couldn't make the final even if they got their passport request in as soon as the rules were announced. Third place prize money at least, surely!?
13 Sep 2016, 18:20 PM

What's really bizarre to me about this is that you can just make up a new match when somebody drops out. What kind of tournament works that way? Yeah, it's a bummer, but you don't get to shuffle things around because the natural result of the tournament would be disappointing. It's the same nonsense in the qualifiers, which instead of operating on some kind of seeding system, are handpicked to be more "exciting." You can't run a sporting event on these lines.
13 Sep 2016, 18:27 PM

I still wonder how people fail to realize this. Thanks CieZ

Me too, I don't get it! Its (was) in the rules, if you don't know the rules you have only your self to blame.

From the "turms and conditions":

"if Milestone 5 is achieved, participants must be able to attend and compete in the Grand Finals at Relic Entertainment’s Studio in Vancouver, Canada."

Turms and conditions

What more do you want?
14 Sep 2016, 15:04 PM

I propose to do so:
1. To make the game for third place between Noggano vs VonIvan
It will be a true spectacular! BO3 matches

That is to make for the final two games - 1. Noggano vs VonIvan BO3 and 2. To hold the finals between DevM vs Jesulin.

Then we can enjoy really interesting game day.
14 Sep 2016, 19:09 PM

I propose to do so:
1. To make the game for third place between Noggano vs VonIvan
It will be a true spectacular! BO3 matches

That is to make for the final two games - 1. Noggano vs VonIvan BO3 and 2. To hold the finals between DevM vs Jesulin.

Then we can enjoy really interesting game day.

+1 +1 +1 +1 :hyper:
14 Sep 2016, 19:43 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

From the "turms and conditions":

"if Milestone 5 is achieved, participants must be able to attend and compete in the Grand Finals at Relic Entertainment’s Studio in Vancouver, Canada."

Turms and conditions

What more do you want?

This one sentence doesn't solve the problem. It doesn't specifically say, "If you can't make the finals, you will be disqualified from the entire event and not be eligible for any prizes." It's incomplete. If it had said that in its entirety, Noggano would have known to intentionally lose the Semi-Finals. Nobody would have guessed that he could have his second-place prize completely revoked if he couldn't show up in Vancouver. As others have said, you don't just re-arrange the brackets to suit you or to try to be entertaining. If you start moving the brackets around as you see fit, you destroy the integrity of the entire event (which was supposed to be single-elimination tournament), and you make the results an illegitimate sham. Why should DevM have to beat Jesulin twice?!?

I could read those exact rules posted above and assume that since Noggano cannot go to Vancouver, he forfeits the Finals match. He should still get the 2nd place prize money of $1000. Citing those Terms and Conditions and saying that the organizers are handling this fairly is B.S. in my opinion.
14 Sep 2016, 20:10 PM
Referee Badge
Benefactor 347

This one sentence doesn't solve the problem. It doesn't specifically say, "If you can't make the finals, you will be disqualified from the entire event and not be eligible for any prizes." It's incomplete. If it had said that in its entirety, Noggano would have known to intentionally lose the Semi-Finals. Nobody would have guessed that he could have his second-place prize completely revoked if he couldn't show up in Vancouver. As others have said, you don't just re-arrange the brackets to suit you or to try to be entertaining. If you start moving the brackets around as you see fit, you destroy the integrity of the entire event (which was supposed to be single-elimination tournament), and you make the results an illegitimate sham. Why should DevM have to beat Jesulin twice?!?

I could read those exact rules posted above and assume that since Noggano cannot go to Vancouver, he forfeits the Finals match. He should still get the 2nd place prize money of $1000. Citing those Terms and Conditions and saying that the organizers are handling this fairly is B.S. in my opinion.

I don't know if any of you still played anything else than video games. But disqualified mean, that you get nothing at all. You break a rule which wasnt allowed. If he wouldnt be get into the finals. He wouldnt be break any rules. So its his own fault. He didnt even respond to this thread and tells his statement. Probably we should stop with this conversation. Its even a nice way to give him a chance to win a price in a future tournament.
14 Sep 2016, 20:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Sep 2016, 20:10 PMFaHu

He didnt even respond to this thread and tells his statement.

Pls read throguh this thread again :) (tip: his .org account name is "Nashka" if you didn't realize that yet)

14 Sep 2016, 21:44 PM
Referee Badge
Benefactor 347

Pls read throguh this thread again :) (tip: his .org account name is "Nashka" if you didn't realize that yet)

He only said, he get disqualified and its unfair, thats not really a statement. We still know that before he write that. But did he read the rules? or did he talk to kyle before the semifinals, probably not, if he get disqualified.

So you like my picture :bananadance:
14 Sep 2016, 22:37 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

FaHu, do you use that Avatar on E-Harmony as well?
15 Sep 2016, 00:55 AM

The email sent to players said what would happen if they were unable to attend in Vancouver. RedWings or Von posted it earlier in the thread. Kyle's wording was quite clear.
15 Sep 2016, 04:27 AM
Referee Badge
Benefactor 347

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Sep 2016, 22:37 PMBudwise
FaHu, do you use that Avatar on E-Harmony as well?

Yes B-)
15 Sep 2016, 17:03 PM

According to the terms and conditions ( http://legal.relic.com/war-paint-terms-and-conditions ) to which you, as a player, agreed to:

In order to be eligible for the Tournament, participants must adhere to the following requirements:

not be legally resident in any countries currently under sanction by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (“OFAC”) of the U.S. Department of the Treasury to include: ... the most up-to-date list is at http://www.treas.gov/offices/enforcement/ofac/programs;

The Russian Federation has been on the list since the annexation of Crimea, so in actuality neither Noggano nor Jove were even allowed to sign up. They did anyway. So even if the Vancouver milestone hadn't been hit, if Relic actually followed their own terms and conditions they should've been disqualified anyway.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS