Login

russian armor

Grenadier 4-man Squad: A thing of the past.

PAGES (9)down
16 Nov 2016, 20:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Nov 2016, 20:15 PMwouren

Wait did you just necro a thread you disagreed with to say that you disagreed with it. That's like punching a bee hive because you dislike bee stings.

Wait so I am supposed to engage in a cover-up of things I don't like?
16 Nov 2016, 20:47 PM

Grens are fine.

Remember, ostheer is a defensive faction!

Since the original factions are stuck in the ''Ostheer defend, soviet attack!'' mentality, I see no grounds to change this.

The problem is everything that the allies have to totally counter your defensive play from the get go. Especially USF mortar.
16 Nov 2016, 21:10 PM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

Wait so I am supposed to engage in a cover-up of things I don't like?

No I just like bees. Carry on.
16 Nov 2016, 22:29 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Nov 2016, 21:10 PMwouren

No I just like bees. Carry on.

SAVE THE BEES, SAVE THE HONEY
17 Nov 2016, 09:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Nov 2016, 20:15 PMwouren

Wait did you just necro a thread you disagreed with to say that you disagreed with it. That's like punching a bee hive because you dislike bee stings.

Well, that's better than opening the ten-billionth thread about a topic, so why not use what's there? It's by far not the worst necromancy around here, people are digging out threads that went dead sometime in 2013...
17 Nov 2016, 15:42 PM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

Well, that's better than opening the ten-billionth thread about a topic, so why not use what's there? It's by far not the worst necromancy around here, people are digging out threads that went dead sometime in 2013...

Well it's not a crime, I guess I was mistaken on whether there was there was a consensus or not
17 Nov 2016, 16:05 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Necromancy, resurrection, what's the difference? Suuuure, they smell kinda funny now, but they're moving aren't they?
17 Nov 2016, 18:34 PM

Has anyone done a mod to test the impact of 5 man grens without any other changes? The Mirage guy and Mr. Smith talk about mods a lot.
19 Nov 2016, 06:53 AM

too many things are standardized, and tieing all infantry survivability to RA leads to stale play and an uncontrollable meta. grens should have higher HP per model (say 90) with a RA curve similar to Riflemen.

19 Nov 2016, 13:32 PM

Honestly I'd rather greet changes like having a maximum amount of models (2 or 3) damaged per mortar/tank shell, except for for Pershing, Tigers, Brummbär, Avre and general artillery.
19 Nov 2016, 15:21 PM

too many things are standardized, and tieing all infantry survivability to RA leads to stale play and an uncontrollable meta. grens should have higher HP per model (say 90) with a RA curve similar to Riflemen.

Grenadiers with 90 HP would take 12 Riflemen shots to die, while Grenadiers drop a Riflemen model in 5 shots, I don't think that's the solution as this is just one example as how it would mess with Infantry balance as a whole.
19 Nov 2016, 15:55 PM

Has anyone done a mod to test the impact of 5 man grens without any other changes? The Mirage guy and Mr. Smith talk about mods a lot.

From Page 2 of this thread:

I like how you ask, but seriously, people flat out ignore these things if they can actually test themselves.

I was a strong proponent of a fifth man for grenadiers for a while.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=405996712
(Spoiler: They're stronger versions of volks and get LMGs. The cost of 280mp isn't enough.)

Not so much anymore, unless Assault grens becomes a unit upgrade that adds the 5th man. That way Ostheer can have their mp40 squad without losing their faust. Different, but maybe not better. I much prefer changes that help alleviate the more underlying issues with the faction or even all the factions.

Improving entity spread in cover and while pathing is critical.

Things that I actually think would help Ostheer immensely:

Recrewing team weapons using 2 men instead of 3 for Ostheer.
Merge ability for Grens (Maybe one that can only be used on team weapons.)
Self-healing medpacks or Sturmpio variety of medpacks.

It changes one value: Grenadier squad size from 4 to 5.

This automatically changes Grenadier squads to 280 manpower as a result.

I personally think it's too powerful for Grens to automatically have. A t4 upgrade or something might be worthwhile though. The main thing is the squad becomes a whole lot stronger and durable with that fifth man. It's uncanny the difference the fifth man makes for preventing instagibs.

I made another mod where I was tinkering around with all sorts of game mechanics. I had it so 4 man gren squads could upgrade into 5 man assault gren squads.
19 Nov 2016, 20:11 PM

a single mortar shot killed my 4man PG full hp squad
a fucking 1 shot wasted my 340 man power, it was terrible rng or whatever, mortars sure need to be overlooked, especially the brit mortar pit which shoots across the half map like artillery
19 Nov 2016, 21:40 PM

Grenadiers with 90 HP would take 12 Riflemen shots to die, while Grenadiers drop a Riflemen model in 5 shots, I don't think that's the solution as this is just one example as how it would mess with Infantry balance as a whole.

they would take more rifle shots though on account of RA (up until vet 3) so really the change would make them more resistant to explosions.

insane Ost MP accumulation in the lategame is also a balance issue, even though Ost is on the backfoot in the early to midgame stages. A nerf to the lategame cost efficiency of LMG grens while making Grens in the early game more viable outside of a faust and capping/light anti infantry unit seems to be good. (Maybe a fuel based upgrade that boosts current Grens in T1 but delays vehicles?)

I also think the Command Bunker could be used to buff Ost infantry early to mid game; on map reinforcment and garrison is kind of already covered by the Skdz 251, so giving the command bunker some kind of light defensive or offensive aura could work as well.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 124

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment