Login

russian armor

Grenadier 4-man Squad: A thing of the past.

PAGES (9)down
12 Sep 2016, 11:47 AM

He's spamming penels into T34-76, you got only 3 grens out, besides dumping 60 ammo into each squad for that artificial 5th team member that can be dropped and can't fire on the move you also have elsewhere to dump ammo, Panzershreck for the Panzergrenadiers for example, mine sweepers, etc...

What do?

Edit: I still haven't seen proof of what you've previously said tho, looks like you're hiding from my comments until the opportune moment for you to reply to me.

If someone is spamming penal, the best answer isn't grenadiers even with Lmg upgrade, Penal are Anti inf units. A 5th man isn't going to solve anything.
I'm not sure if a Penal spam into T34-76 works that well.
12 Sep 2016, 12:00 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Defamatory post reported and invised.

Back to topic.
12 Sep 2016, 13:10 PM

Oh gee, I hurt Spark's feelings by calling him thick-headed.

Quick, somebody get him to his safe space before it's too late.
12 Sep 2016, 14:03 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

What an abortion of a thread.

Grens have been 4 man squads for three years now, and they've been mostly fine in that history. The rng wipes used to come from cheap-ass mines. Mines were dealt with, but now the OP USF mortar is here to bring the pain again, hence all the whine for a 5th man. That's not how you fix the problem, that's a band-aid solution. You fix the problem permanently by fixing squad spacing. You also fix the USF mortar because that shit's broken too. Problem solved.

There are plenty of other 4 man squads in the game that nobody complains about being wiped, even though they are just as vulnerable to explosives.

I would also like to point out that grens are the cheapest main-line infantry in the game. Same as conscripts. Seems like most people forget this.
12 Sep 2016, 14:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2016, 14:03 PMTobis
What an abortion of a thread.

Grens have been 4 man squads for three years now, and they've been mostly fine in that history. The rng wipes used to come from cheap-ass mines. Mines were dealt with, but now the OP USF mortar is here to bring the pain again, hence all the whine for a 5th man. That's not how you fix the problem, that's a band-aid solution. You fix the problem permanently by fixing squad spacing. You also fix the USF mortar because that shit's broken too. Problem solved.

There are plenty of other 4 man squads in the game that nobody complains about being wiped, even though they are just as vulnerable to explosives.

I would also like to point out that grens are the cheapest main-line infantry in the game. Same as conscripts. Seems like most people forget this.
yea 4 men i fine now bring m81 in line with mg 34 (low range and rate of fire but good barrage and chaep), fix 2 lmg racks, and nerf received accuracy for all the inf unit so hmg can deal with them
12 Sep 2016, 14:38 PM

nerf received accuracy for all the inf unit so hmg can deal with them

Umm, rec acc have absolutely no effect on suppression of the targetted squad.
12 Sep 2016, 14:56 PM

Regardless of Army then as well since the Axis are not the only ones with 4 man squads.

Applying the same logic, you wanna give a 5th model to all 4 model squad then?

All I'm saying is that nerfing USF mortar, IS and Rifle weapon slots, light vehicles, spacing.... There were so many suggestions made even in this thread alone that already constitute an indirect buff to Grens but would rather solve the issue comprehensively.

There is an overall issue with 4-men squads, imo high value squads suffer even more from the problem than grens. But If that assumption is wrong then my post is irrelevant. No need to be going around in circles about this.
12 Sep 2016, 15:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2016, 14:38 PMKatitof

Umm, rec acc have absolutely no effect on suppression of the targetted squad.
yea but trust me as model drop faster he will bleed more so he will flank after all he may not get suppressed but the model will go down faster
12 Sep 2016, 15:45 PM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

I feel like a lot of this is rehashing past discussions. I hear a panzer III here, a single weapon upgrade for rifles there, and I don't think we are really getting anywhere. I like the research and self-control that sparks puts into his posts, so I hope everyone adopts his temperament. (There are other people with self-control on both sides, sparks is just the most notable of the bunch) Maybe we can make a list of points made by each side so people don't keep having to repeat themselves?
12 Sep 2016, 15:47 PM

yea but trust me as model drop faster he will bleed more so he will flank after all he may not get suppressed but the model will go down faster

What?
12 Sep 2016, 16:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2016, 15:47 PMwouren

What?
if he blob the mg will out dps his blob cause model will drop faster so he is constricted to flank
12 Sep 2016, 16:18 PM

if he blob the mg will out dps his blob cause model will drop faster so he is constricted to flank

And how is that good change? What do you want to fix with it?
12 Sep 2016, 16:25 PM

If I'm right, you are talking about how you cannot run straight into an MG with a blob? Or are you talking about how MGs lock down portions of the map?
12 Sep 2016, 16:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2016, 16:25 PMwouren

If I'm right, you are talking about how you cannot run straight into an MG with a blob?

No. He probably means that 1 HMG should stop whole blob and bleed it heavily
12 Sep 2016, 16:37 PM

No. He probably means that 1 HMG should stop whole blob and bleed it heavily
yep mg need to be flanked
12 Sep 2016, 16:39 PM

yep mg need to be flanked

And what is wrong with, let's say, 800MP and 240AMMO winning against 260MP?
12 Sep 2016, 16:45 PM

He said it defeats a blobby playstyle to some extent long term not an entire army is what I read. Why ridicule that? The topic is getting derailed slowly, though.
12 Sep 2016, 17:09 PM

bye that logic i dont see why at gun should counter tank
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight