Login

russian armor

Elite Armor or Scavenge Doctrine?

5 Sep 2016, 21:00 PM

Hello, so I'm in a bit of a dilemma here, I'm nearing 15000 loot points and I don't know which OKW doctrine to get, Elite Armor or Scavenge?

I'm a Tank player at heart so I want to get Elite Armor but I've seen lots of people complain that it's underpowered compared to Scavenge, and I guess Scavenge fills the gap that OKW has atm in terms of resources and units.

I'm mostly a defensive player anyway so I mostly go Fortifications, rarely Breakthrough for the Jagdtiger/Panzerfusilier combo.

So yeah that's basically my question to the more experienced part of the community, I'd ask on the Steam or official forums but I'd rather do it on the less-cancer ridden forums than on the most ones, and I'd ask friends but I'm not really sure who plays OKW and who has either of the 2 doctrines.

Cheers and have a nice day.
5 Sep 2016, 21:08 PM

Hello, so I'm in a bit of a dilemma here, I'm nearing 15000 loot points and I don't know which OKW doctrine to get, Elite Armor or Scavenge?

I'm a Tank player at heart so I want to get Elite Armor but I've seen lots of people complain that it's underpowered compared to Scavenge, and I guess Scavenge fills the gap that OKW has atm in terms of resources and units.

I'm mostly a defensive player anyway so I mostly go Fortifications, rarely Breakthrough for the Jagdtiger/Panzerfusilier combo.

So yeah that's basically my question to the more experienced part of the community, I'd ask on the Steam or official forums but I'd rather do it on the less-cancer ridden forums than on the most ones, and I'd ask friends but I'm not really sure who plays OKW and who has either of the 2 doctrines.

Cheers and have a nice day.
well if you are a tank player go for command panther , elite armor is shit only the special round and sturm tiger are strong but c p5 does a better job at almost both (make other tank easy crush and deal more damage
So yea scavenge is better all ability are solid and good (is the guard motor coordination for okw)
5 Sep 2016, 21:18 PM

In 1v1 - scavange
If 2v2 and higher - elite
5 Sep 2016, 21:31 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Scavenge is must have on 1v1 if you "follow" the meta. On 2v2 is still useful but i'll say you have more viable options of commanders to choose from. 3v3+ i'll say it really loses value.

Elite: i can see "some" value on the doctrine (vehicle maphack, heatshells n ST) if played on 2v2+. On 2v2 might be an offmeta option and 3v3+ you can make it work (you have more partners to cover you if you go ST).
Still waiting for the command panzer upgrade buff although.

5 Sep 2016, 21:38 PM

Scavenge.

Elite armor is nice if you play with Pumas, but scavenge is much more flexible and offers great infantry.
5 Sep 2016, 22:00 PM

So Scavenge if I'm going 1v1 and Elite Armor if I'm 2v2 or above that? Alright then, thanks.

And yeah I'm waiting on a few buffs myself for OKW, but at least these aren't as bad as the American recon and mechanized companies, god those are awful.
5 Sep 2016, 22:08 PM

In 1v1 - scavange
If 2v2 and higher - elite

well said, give him some vodka! :D
5 Sep 2016, 22:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2016, 22:08 PMStark

well said, give him some vodka! :D

This one please. Just 760 000 euro. To whom I should give shipping address? :sibHyena:

6 Sep 2016, 03:48 AM

Meh- I'd rather a cold can of Export.
6 Sep 2016, 04:29 AM

Elite armour can be quite a useful doctrine for team games. The vehicle detection is a very underused ability and you can spam it in the late game once you're floating munitions. HEAT shells is very useful, makes the Puma great for finishing retreating tanks and adds versatility to the P4 that otherwise struggles against many tanks. Sturmtiger is a decidely un-gentlemanly unit but can be devastating against snared tanks, or when fired against infantry blobs from behind a LOS blocker. Just don't get it before you have some other armour out. Crew repairs is rarely useful, much better to use pios or go back to the repair truck. Panzer commander is beyond useless since it locks out the pintle MG upgrade.
6 Sep 2016, 06:11 AM

as most of these guys have said, scavenge is great for 1v1. barton used it exclusively during the WPC and his ostwinds were straight legendary.

that said, i always keep elite armored in my lineup. a puma with HEAT rounds can act like a late game TD, which can be helpful if you lose your schwerer. the ability to spot vehicles across the map is also really useful, especially against usf.

unless you're super serious about only 1v1, elite armored will probably have more utility for you.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 33
Germany 792
unknown 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak