Login

russian armor

OKW Healing

23 Aug 2016, 10:06 AM

You do realize that would be pretty close to impossible, right?

Firstly, you got Relic and balance, those 2 don't go well hand in hand.

Secondly, a fan modding team would be fixing Relic's bullshit, how would that sound on their resume?

Thirdly, don't confuse modders with comp players such as yourself, you have no idea how the game engine works unlike the modder and you will have conflicting ideas and decisions on how to do things.

In the end, a fan team of modders would be the only viable option, that team could very well be just one person, miraglefla (sorry dude but I still can't pronounce your name) for example, the more modders, the more conflicting ideas and decisions like I already said.

Not to mention payment, who likes to work for free?

And lastly, your idea of a patch would be heaven for comp players such as yourself but hell for the rest of the CoH 2 community such as myself who out number you a hell of a lot to less, just because these people don't want their voices heard over on these or the official forums doesn't mean they don't exist and that they will be happy with any comp changes made to the game.

I can igonore the part you´re whole day on my back, looking at me and whining about every post I made :luvDerp:

So, lets go to your post:

If I know my shit and I´m right, then players already made some vcoh patches and relic approved them, you know they are happy when players play on their servers, buy skins etc etc while they have 0 work to do.

Point of that group was having bunch of people that can discuss in polite manners togther and then have few modders that will make those changes live. Idk if you ever realised one thing. Miraglefla talk a lot with other good players, play games with them, hear their opinions and change some things because of them.

I think no one from here would have problem making things free, miraglefla made patch for free, strategists are creating guides for free, casters are (mostly) casting for free and coh2.org made tournament organisators often work for free too. You know, its called volunteering ;)

Game is meant to be balanced for the top in every gamemode because when youre not in top you can eihter improve or just play casually, there is often 0 problems with balance patch, and no there wont be new complete rework patch it will only include problematic things like TA costing 0 fuel and so on

23 Aug 2016, 10:09 AM

Off topic: Having a select group of community members take over control of official patching is a bad idea, it's too prone to groupthink, bickering, and people trying to impose their personal ideas on a large group of people. That sort of thing is fine for an optional mod, but if it's official it really needs developer oversight to provide an unbiased perspective. What they really need is a small team of experienced devs (not the clowns they have now) who have been involved with the game for a while, working in conjunction with community members such as modders, top players etc. Maybe it could be financially viable to continue low-key but steady support, letting the community do much of the heavy lifting in terms of maps, gameplay/balance/bug-fix suggestions, and occasionally releasing a new DLC commander to keep things fresh, but then I don't work at Relic so I have no idea if that would work.

People from coh2 community I know and I would implement in that group are bunch of good players and people who want to improve game and can accept others ideas if they are better. You know, not everyone is 12 yo child that cry in corner when he isnt true and his idea isnt heart
23 Aug 2016, 10:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2016, 05:24 AMd0ggY

Definatly agree with the cruzzi, miragefla thang.

But then again..1v1 perspective? again? because that what happened with last patch ;)

Well first we could balance game in 1v1 manner and then start slowly balancing it from bigger gamemodes.
23 Aug 2016, 10:14 AM

1 - They WILL NOT agree with MOST of the changes the community wants to make, that directly factors in WHY Mirage's mod was half-assly implemented.

2 - Half-assed, end of story.

3 - The more people you have the more problems you have, apart from the competitive balance idea look around you, any other project has flourished for a time and then died off but it was a different, more fun idea than the stagnant competitive balance. Take the CoH 2 Zombie mod for example, last time I played that it didn't have the British.

My point is, everyone has a different idea for competitive balance, while there's a slight chance a group of people might come together for a more fun idea than competitive balance, plus their decisions will be criticized by the entire community, I've heard people call mirage the "OKW killer" and "fun ruiner" and so forth.

4 - They will if they directly affect them, that's why I suggested competitive 1v1 and 2v2 modes be made separate from the balance of casual 1v1, 2v2s, 3v3s and 4v4s BECAUSE NOT EVERYONE WANTS TO BE COMPETITIVE OR TO PLAY COMPETITIVELY. Not voicing your opinion doesn't mean not wanting to, the Steam forums are overrun with suggestions and whine topics, maybe then just don't know about CoH2.org, how do you know?

And I said voicing it on here or the official forums, not the Steam forums, there's plenty of voicing going around over there, believe me, it's a nightmare.

5 - The people "modding" for free are doing it for fun, not so their changes can be used officially in a game, and tested by the whole community.

Well you can download zombie modes and whatever, competitive players can play competitive matches with normal balance and ladder and casual players actually do not care if units are OP or balanced because they play for fun
nee
23 Aug 2016, 12:30 PM

sheesh quad posting?
23 Aug 2016, 15:26 PM

On the topic of community-driven bug-fixes:

Over the past few weeks, I have been putting together a few fixes to longstanding bugs/gameplay issues into a mod:

https://www.coh2.org/topic/55521/mr-smith-s-quality-of-life-mod

I would appreciate if people could playtest my changes for me (in a real game, with your friends) so that I could polish the changes before I can (confidently) forward them to Relic.

Please keep in mind that, even though the changelog might make you feel extatic, I want you to keep an eye out for negative side-effects (e.g., does me fixing bug A introduce bug B that was previously not in the game?)

Miragefla is also aware of the fixes I have made. However, I am not sure yet whether the latest version of the Miragefla mod also includes these changes.
23 Aug 2016, 16:15 PM
Senior Caster Badge

It's good that OKW have to pay for their medics like everyone else, but the Medics are in an awkward spot because of how much the Truck, Battlegroup and then Medic Upgrade takes in both time and resources.

The Medic upgrade would be much better on the HQ so it can come out soon if it's required. Unfortunately, the Battlegroup HQ model has the Red Cross symbol and Medical crates next to it. So it'd be a bit unintuitive unless they change the model.
23 Aug 2016, 16:43 PM

I like the idea of providing it in the HQ truck after the first truck is built, and medics are researched. You could even leave the medics upgrade on the medic truck and offer frontline or double healing in base.
23 Aug 2016, 16:46 PM

Medic upgrade should unlock medic both in HQ and Battlegruppe. One purchase in either truck for both trucks to receive the medics, especially considering that medic heal rate wasn't change at all.
23 Aug 2016, 17:34 PM

I find it kind of weird that the weakest tier has the most side costs attached to it, while the big ass anti-everything gun tier has 0 side costs attached to it.
23 Aug 2016, 20:10 PM

Put medics upgrade in HQ with requirement of 1 truck converted
/done
24 Aug 2016, 01:05 AM

Maybe finally relic should make some team of coh2 fans that could create balance patches (aproved by relic and normally downloaded ), mainly fixing bugs and unintended behavior.

This group should consider mostly from coders like bud, cruzzi, miraglefla etc etc etc, strategists like me, ciez, sturmpanzer, cookiez and more, and at last from top tier players like luv, helping hans, DevM,Vasten,VIvan etc etc that can look at balance from different angle.

Sorry for all I didnt mention, there would be so many candidates ...

This team then would look at all game problems found and posted on .org and then after productive disscusions fix them

Yeah, just look at some work miragefla has done on his mod. I would love to see that in the game. Like the manual reload and removing the object collision on capture points etc. Feel like the community would do a lot better.
24 Aug 2016, 08:53 AM

Maybe finally relic should make some team of coh2 fans that could create balance patches (aproved by relic and normally downloaded ), mainly fixing bugs and unintended behavior.

This group should consider mostly from coders like bud, cruzzi, miraglefla etc etc etc, strategists like me, ciez, sturmpanzer, cookiez and more, and at last from top tier players like luv, helping hans, DevM,Vasten,VIvan etc etc that can look at balance from different angle.

This team then would look at all game problems found and posted on .org and then after productive disscusions fix them

lol not a chance, each and everyone of you will show favoritism and it will descend into chaos. Bad and all as Relic are they would 100% be the lesser of two evils
24 Aug 2016, 12:58 PM
24 Aug 2016, 14:50 PM

The idea itself is the best that could happen to the game.
But I would bet a hundred bucks that Relic would put in something because they "want to do something" too.

Just look at the patch that introduced the USF mortar. The beta testing was fine, everyone was content and then for the release they simply implemented a whole different model with other (much better) stats. For ABSOLUTELY NO FUCKING REASON.

It just feels like they want to keep the game alive with our hate.
24 Aug 2016, 15:30 PM

But in what way would Relic "put together" such a group? Start contacting people, getting them into some sort of meeting? Where, when, how? Do their schedules all sync up?

Ever been on a conference call with 10 plus people? It's a fucking nightmare. And nobody;s going to fly a dozen people to maple syrup land, because that costs money (plus: schedules, passports, visas, pain in the rectum).

Even then, Miragefla was absurdly accused of being a beneficiary of some sort of favouritism by Relic; a secretive cabal of Chosen players directing the game design to their own preferences is almost certain to cause a major conspiracy theory flap.

Maybe there could be, I don't know, some sort of web site, where those people could go, and discuss their ideas. Even better if those discussions were public, and contested.

In fact it would be... a lot like this place. And the official forums. And this all ignores the potentially mountainous legal issues that could arise when some of these people become, in effect, co-authors of CoH2.

IME, productive community patches come out of direct contacts between like minded modders, who meet in forums like this.

But there is one additional and final concern that everyone seems to be missing: you can absolutely forget any kind of esports attention for a modded game. Never gonna happen, partly because of the looming legal questions to which I already alluded, and partly because any kind of mod is inevitably going to split the community.

It is possible for a community mod to become the main versions of the game, but in practical terms, this will only really happen when the IP owner has come to the conclusion that the will never sell another copy and have nothing to lose. One reason is that any changes made by a community mod are not necessarily known to the likes of Relic; this poses the risk of any further changes introducing unexpected bugs. Therefore, once this happens, there will never be another official patch or update.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 31
unknown 27
unknown 4
Russian Federation 80

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %