Login

russian armor

OKW Healing

22 Aug 2016, 14:17 PM

In the big June patch relic said they would increase OKW healing rate with 60% from 5 to 8 because now they have to pay for medics. But in reality this change was never made and its still at 5.

22 Aug 2016, 16:27 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

And the most expensive healing tech in the game... What is it, 500MP and 55 Fuel?

22 Aug 2016, 16:29 PM
22 Aug 2016, 16:46 PM

Maybe finally relic should make some team of coh2 fans that could create balance patches (aproved by relic and normally downloaded ), mainly fixing bugs and unintended behavior.

This group should consider mostly from coders like bud, cruzzi, miraglefla etc etc etc, strategists like me, ciez, sturmpanzer, cookiez and more, and at last from top tier players like luv, helping hans, DevM,Vasten,VIvan etc etc that can look at balance from different angle.

Sorry for all I didnt mention, there would be so many candidates ...

This team then would look at all game problems found and posted on .org and then after productive disscusions fix them

nee
22 Aug 2016, 16:49 PM

Absolutely sure the T2 medics don't have an increased healing rate?
If so then it's not just me going crazy thinking they're healing as slow as ever.
22 Aug 2016, 18:20 PM

Maybe finally relic should make some team of coh2 fans that could create balance patches (aproved by relic and normally downloaded ), mainly fixing bugs and unintended behavior.

This group should consider mostly from coders like bud, cruzzi, miraglefla etc etc etc, strategists like me, ciez, sturmpanzer, cookiez and more, and at last from top tier players like luv, helping hans, DevM,Vasten,VIvan etc etc that can look at balance from different angle.

This team then would look at all game problems found and posted on .org and then after productive disscusions fix them

You do realize that would be pretty close to impossible, right?

Firstly, you got Relic and balance, those 2 don't go well hand in hand.

Secondly, a fan modding team would be fixing Relic's bullshit, how would that sound on their resume?

Thirdly, don't confuse modders with comp players such as yourself, you have no idea how the game engine works unlike the modder and you will have conflicting ideas and decisions on how to do things.

In the end, a fan team of modders would be the only viable option, that team could very well be just one person, miraglefla (sorry dude but I still can't pronounce your name) for example, the more modders, the more conflicting ideas and decisions like I already said.

Not to mention payment, who likes to work for free?

And lastly, your idea of a patch would be heaven for comp players such as yourself but hell for the rest of the CoH 2 community such as myself who out number you a hell of a lot to less, just because these people don't want their voices heard over on these or the official forums doesn't mean they don't exist and that they will be happy with any comp changes made to the game.
22 Aug 2016, 21:44 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

1- I don't see any "real" point been made.
2- They had already done this on the past. They have already took Mirage mod (unfortunately only part of it Y U NO gibe manual reload ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ).
3- The idea is to have MORE (there is/was an actual group of selected people) people who can actually use the units in a decent way test what is implemented.
4- If they don't care to voice their opinions why do you think they'll care about any changes implemented ? Any type of change affects casual players as they don't look into patch notes. The only problem for them is when they increase the skill floor rather than the skill ceiling or they change mechanics/dynamics such as the OKW revamp (they have to "learn" the faction again).
5- People who are already modding are "working" for free. People finding and reporting bugs are already working for free.

22 Aug 2016, 23:18 PM

Community patches exist for other games, with varying degrees of blessing from the studio. Usually this happens only after support formally ends. I've never heard of any of the modders who produce such things being paid.
22 Aug 2016, 23:18 PM

In the big June patch relic said they would increase OKW healing rate with 60% from 5 to 8 because now they have to pay for medics. But in reality this change was never made and its still at 5.

What?? is this true..
22 Aug 2016, 23:19 PM

On topic: I don't really see why OKW should have to pay for medics. If they go for t1 first then they need all the help they can get to maintain map control, if they go for t2 first then having to pay 50+ fuel to backtech to a tier structure with units that are now largely useless isn't a good deal either.

Off topic: Having a select group of community members take over control of official patching is a bad idea, it's too prone to groupthink, bickering, and people trying to impose their personal ideas on a large group of people. That sort of thing is fine for an optional mod, but if it's official it really needs developer oversight to provide an unbiased perspective. What they really need is a small team of experienced devs (not the clowns they have now) who have been involved with the game for a while, working in conjunction with community members such as modders, top players etc. Maybe it could be financially viable to continue low-key but steady support, letting the community do much of the heavy lifting in terms of maps, gameplay/balance/bug-fix suggestions, and occasionally releasing a new DLC commander to keep things fresh, but then I don't work at Relic so I have no idea if that would work.
23 Aug 2016, 02:08 AM

another okw medic meltdown? We don't need to go through this again.
23 Aug 2016, 02:16 AM
Patrion 14

On topic: I don't really see why OKW should have to pay for medics. If they go for t1 first then they need all the help they can get to maintain map control, if they go for t2 first then having to pay 50+ fuel to backtech to a tier structure with units that are now largely useless isn't a good deal either.

Off topic: Having a select group of community members take over control of official patching is a bad idea, it's too prone to groupthink, bickering, and people trying to impose their personal ideas on a large group of people. That sort of thing is fine for an optional mod, but if it's official it really needs developer oversight to provide an unbiased perspective. What they really need is a small team of experienced devs (not the clowns they have now) who have been involved with the game for a while, working in conjunction with community members such as modders, top players etc. Maybe it could be financially viable to continue low-key but steady support, letting the community do much of the heavy lifting in terms of maps, gameplay/balance/bug-fix suggestions, and occasionally releasing a new DLC commander to keep things fresh, but then I don't work at Relic so I have no idea if that would work.

DOW2 Elite Mod is an excellent example of a select few making impact and beneficial changes to the game. ELITE mod should honestly be the base game (it isn't, because Relic stopped balancing their game).

If relic won't balance their game - let people who love CoH2 and wanna see it succeed do it for free. Cooperation = everyone wins.
23 Aug 2016, 02:38 AM

If relic won't balance their game - let people who love CoH2 and wanna see it succeed do it for free. Cooperation = everyone wins.

Yes, I agree with this, I'm just saying that if it's going to be official updates, then it needs some oversight from the developer who isn't so invested in actually playing the game.
23 Aug 2016, 05:24 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Definatly agree with the cruzzi, miragefla thang.

But then again..1v1 perspective? again? because that what happened with last patch ;)
23 Aug 2016, 07:43 AM

I agree having to pay 55F + 400MP for medics after P2 opening is brutal, but thats more a balance issue, and this is more like a bug, or oversight issues with Relic. :sibHyena:

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2016, 03:23 AMaaa
chryy picking examples this time again. Overall okw unit unlock is less expensive than their oponents and healing is ok as is. Why should they have faster heal than anyone?

Dont fortget 222 must be 230/20 now.

No the patchnotes said they would increase OKW healingrate with 60%, but they forgot to actually apply it.

Even if they apply it USF and Brit AoE healing will still be faster.

Also dont know why you bring 222 into this discussion

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Aug 2016, 23:18 PMDespe

What?? is this true..

Sadly, yes.

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2016, 02:08 AMUnited
another okw medic meltdown? We don't need to go through this again.

Patchnotes said they would increase OKW healrate with 60% but in reality they didnt apply it, you dont see the problem?
23 Aug 2016, 07:50 AM

1- I don't see any "real" point been made.
2- They had already done this on the past. They have already took Mirage mod (unfortunately only part of it Y U NO gibe manual reload ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ).
3- The idea is to have MORE (there is/was an actual group of selected people) people who can actually use the units in a decent way test what is implemented.
4- If they don't care to voice their opinions why do you think they'll care about any changes implemented ? Any type of change affects casual players as they don't look into patch notes. The only problem for them is when they increase the skill floor rather than the skill ceiling or they change mechanics/dynamics such as the OKW revamp (they have to "learn" the faction again).
5- People who are already modding are "working" for free. People finding and reporting bugs are already working for free.

1 - They WILL NOT agree with MOST of the changes the community wants to make, that directly factors in WHY Mirage's mod was half-assly implemented.

2 - Half-assed, end of story.

3 - The more people you have the more problems you have, apart from the competitive balance idea look around you, any other project has flourished for a time and then died off but it was a different, more fun idea than the stagnant competitive balance. Take the CoH 2 Zombie mod for example, last time I played that it didn't have the British.

My point is, everyone has a different idea for competitive balance, while there's a slight chance a group of people might come together for a more fun idea than competitive balance, plus their decisions will be criticized by the entire community, I've heard people call mirage the "OKW killer" and "fun ruiner" and so forth.

4 - They will if they directly affect them, that's why I suggested competitive 1v1 and 2v2 modes be made separate from the balance of casual 1v1, 2v2s, 3v3s and 4v4s BECAUSE NOT EVERYONE WANTS TO BE COMPETITIVE OR TO PLAY COMPETITIVELY. Not voicing your opinion doesn't mean not wanting to, the Steam forums are overrun with suggestions and whine topics, maybe then just don't know about CoH2.org, how do you know?

And I said voicing it on here or the official forums, not the Steam forums, there's plenty of voicing going around over there, believe me, it's a nightmare.

5 - The people "modding" for free are doing it for fun, not so their changes can be used officially in a game, and tested by the whole community.
23 Aug 2016, 08:02 AM
Senior Referee Badge

5 - The people "modding" for free are doing it for fun, not so their changes can be used officially in a game, and tested by the whole community.

Ehm.. NOPE. The people modding would all like to see their changes implemented in to the game.
1. Miragefla
2. GG
3. DontKnow has made a mod 2 i believe or it was an other green strategist.

But i am sure all these people would like to see their changes (when their mods are completed and perfect) implemented in the game
23 Aug 2016, 08:03 AM
Patrion 14

All we need is T70, Stuart, 222, AEC, and Maxim nerf and the game will be 5x more balanced. We don't need all these fancy mechanics put into the mod (though they are cool and interesting).
23 Aug 2016, 09:51 AM

This group should consider mostly from coders like bud, cruzzi, miraglefla etc etc etc, strategists like me, ciez, sturmpanzer, cookiez and more, and at last from top tier players like luv, helping hans, DevM,Vasten,VIvan etc etc that can look at balance from different angle

I'd rather leave it in relics hand this way.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★