Login

russian armor

Game feels dead

22 Aug 2016, 19:16 PM

Many of them founded a new studio: Gearbox Software. They did the homeworld remastering and the recent Deserts of Kharak RTS. I wish them the best, but I prefer the setting and general gameplay of COH.

Gearbox has been around longer than relic. do you mean that Gearbox took in some of the old team?
22 Aug 2016, 19:25 PM

It's smoking gun interactive, not gearbox. And that's the developers of pressure opposing fronts coh1. As in they made th e essence engine. Everything since them has been a glorified official mod.
23 Aug 2016, 03:21 AM

It's smoking gun interactive, not gearbox. And that's the developers of pressure opposing fronts coh1. As in they made th e essence engine. Everything since them has been a glorified official mod.

The essence engine is what makes coh, even dow2 to some degree, what it is. There isn't even an rts that offer the same level of destruction, physics and unit handling. The code just needs a cleanup.

It's so frustrating how there isn't even a market for this type of game. Only other competitor is the men of war series and that game gets rehashed more than call of duty.
23 Aug 2016, 04:47 AM

I wouldn't say it's dead. CoH2 has reached it's average playerbase atm. Compared to DoW2 it hasn't reached life support stage yet, that wont occur until after Relic's 5 year plan is up. :foreveralone:

EDIT: You'll know when it's dead. http://steamcharts.com/app/231430 compared to http://steamcharts.com/app/56400
23 Aug 2016, 05:28 AM
Senior Caster Badge

We could just start calling it : "Has wasted it's potential by far and it upsets a lot more people"
23 Aug 2016, 06:03 AM
Donator 11

Relics decision to dumb down the resource system along with bad infantry animations and effects and their best decision EVER to do 4 man infantry squads for wehrmacht (HERP DERP THEY ARE HIGHLY TRAINED BUT LOW ON MANPOWER) so they can be 1 shotted by every fucking rng explosive in the game... allies infantry is still superior but relic didn't want to be labeled nazis again.

but wait wehrmacht got the mg42 for support!!

then relic gave usf the mortar so america can win and relic will not be labeled nazis.

It goes without saying that usf gets the mortar with no tech cost because that would be too complicated for players, relic wants you to focus on the FUN MICRO ASPECTS of the game and not be thinking about boring stuff such as resource management.

dow3 will be a fucking disaster...
23 Aug 2016, 06:25 AM

Some new fucking content is what we need.
23 Aug 2016, 07:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Aug 2016, 13:54 PMWygrif

Relic's history has always been weak. For God's sake WFA on release was a version of the Battle of the Bulge in which the German was incentivized to turtle until he could bring his superior resources to bear!

I laughed when they released faction comparisons that listed OKW as "most offensive". Yeah the guys who have FHQ in tier 2, (formerly) had a tech building as a pseudo observation post, have a defensive structure for the end of their tech tree, and have gimmicky barbed wire. Yeah those guys are offensive. Sure....
aaa
23 Aug 2016, 10:04 AM

You know whats dead?

This game right here:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/274440/?snr=1_5_1100__1100

Now on topic;.

Coh 2 is far from dead, its just not as active as it was due to bad balance, even worse maps and lack of new content.

dont want to be offensive but quite often community is just retarded.
New content and balance is 2 oposite things. Game cannot be balanced with constant content intro.
23 Aug 2016, 12:47 PM

They need to capitalize on the new warspoil system. And this is what they are doing with the warpaint contest.
they have to make people spend they in-game money much faster so they never have enough to buy new stuff thus spend real money in it.

But that's going to be hard now, they are missing a lot of content available with in-game money. Actually the game lacks a lot of personalization, aka in-game IU, menu IU, loading screen, model skins, unique tank models etc...

What baffle me the most is that it seems they didn't learn anything from COHO. COHO had good features that need to be polish and improve and that could have been added into COH2.
Ie: Concept of "elite" stock unit was great, they were too much overbuff and brought a lot of unbalance but the concept of having a unique model(skin) of one of your stock unit was cool. this could have been develop and not necessarily with the buff/bonus, just the skin that you can win or buy and apply to 1 of your panther/sherman/cromwell whatever, you lose the tank ingame, you have to pay ingame money to be able to use it again creating a money sink.

IMO, those features are what retain a lot of players, cool skins, some more multiplayer achievements, things to raise your e-penis are what retain players.
23 Aug 2016, 12:57 PM

Game isn't dead but it is certainly not in the place it once was. Once Dawn of War III was announced it was pretty obvious that most of Relic jumped ship from CoH2 and went to work on that.
23 Aug 2016, 12:57 PM
Admin Red  Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2016, 04:47 AMVonIvan
I wouldn't say it's dead. CoH2 has reached it's average playerbase atm. Compared to DoW2 it hasn't reached life support stage yet, that wont occur until after Relic's 5 year plan is up. :foreveralone:

EDIT: You'll know when it's dead. http://steamcharts.com/app/231430 compared to http://steamcharts.com/app/56400

This.

I have no idea why people keep on spamming "dead gaem" but are still wasting their time here. If you're convinced it's dead why not leaving it and spending your precious time on more enjoyable stuff?
23 Aug 2016, 13:03 PM

The game is in the best state it has ever been and is as great as ever.
23 Aug 2016, 14:00 PM

I have no idea why people keep on spamming "dead gaem" but are still wasting their time here. If you're convinced it's dead why not leaving it and spending your precious time on more enjoyable stuff?

Bingo.

I got turned off by the direction the Total War series went. But I don't spend my time on TW forums telling those who like it how wrong they are.
23 Aug 2016, 14:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2016, 04:47 AMVonIvan

Interesting comparison. Just looked up CoH2's standing overall, it ranks 57th of all Steam games. Frankly that's not bad, considering that RTS is a minority interest compared with the likes of FPS's and MOBA's etc.
23 Aug 2016, 14:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2016, 07:33 AMjoebill

I laughed when they released faction comparisons that listed OKW as "most offensive". Yeah the guys who have FHQ in tier 2, (formerly) had a tech building as a pseudo observation post, have a defensive structure for the end of their tech tree, and have gimmicky barbed wire. Yeah those guys are offensive. Sure....

The funny part is that if they had just reskinned the OKW as the USF and vice versa, they would have been much closer to what they were aiming for. OKW would be powerful, agressive but would falter I the long run, the USF would have been the army that "bent but didn't break."
23 Aug 2016, 14:21 PM

I miss old OKW so much. The fuel/muni starved faction with good veterancy bonuses, it was much better. I didn't have any problems with the converting system, it was great to use.

I still play the game and have fun with it, so I don't feel like it's over. But I agree that it's not THAT fun anymore, and I'm more and more playing other games that give me better sense of satisfaction.
23 Aug 2016, 14:30 PM

coh2 so ded because OKW nerfed :(((

no more A-move panzerschreck blobs, okw so weak :(((((((
23 Aug 2016, 14:30 PM

I miss old OKW so much. The fuel/muni starved faction with good veterancy bonuses, it was much better.

yeah, good vet. it was much better because it took no skill because OPW inf was OP.

OPW!!!
23 Aug 2016, 14:42 PM

If that damned USF mortar was fixed, the game could be somehow enjoyable, EVEN as axis. But until USF has its terminator artillery, the game will be single frustration.

Every bug or cheese strat is a joke against the USF mortar.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★