Login

russian armor

Shock Troops

12 Aug 2016, 19:33 PM

Since WFA and British Force is come I feel like Shock is less performance than before and less use.
Now SU play always pick Penals, Guard or even cons to the main front line units.
Well Shock troops still be a good choice for some maps that make close combat role shine.
Compare Shock to another faction Elite close combat infantry I think Shock troops still need something.

my idea is replace "trip-flare mines" to another ability that unlock by vet 1.
- Sprint/Oorah ? for the units that have a lot of armor have sprint ability ... seems like OP i think (lol)
or
- assault rapid-fire ability ... everyone will be enjoy use this ability in Campaign mode. I think it will be a better choice than the first one but need to fix something too
1) less AoE
2) NO suppression !!!

EDIT : sry, my bad :blush:
I mean bring back rapid fire ability that have no supression enemy units ... not mean ability that make Shock troops immune supression ...

13 Aug 2016, 08:49 AM

I don't think they need a performance buff. It's the high reinforce cost which makes them so unattractive.
13 Aug 2016, 08:50 AM

Ahhh yeah, shock troops are absolutely lethal if they get a good flank.

Just look at Assault Grenadiers if you want to see a failure of a CQ unit.
13 Aug 2016, 09:06 AM

Reinforcment is too high, but a vet 1 Sprint ability (maybe even allow to fire while sprinting, if the engine allows it) would fit the unit itself pretty good
13 Aug 2016, 11:10 AM

No at. That is their bane. Not only are they expensive they need at support or they'll bleed mp like crazy. They are like any other infantry squad without a form of at: situational at best and highly exploitable by your opponent.
13 Aug 2016, 11:15 AM

Reinforcment is too high, but a vet 1 Sprint ability (maybe even allow to fire while sprinting, if the engine allows it) would fit the unit itself pretty good

Definitely no sprint and shoot.

That means they can bolt up to a retreating unit while spraying them... if they maintain their close range, GG GUARANTEED WIPE
13 Aug 2016, 11:33 AM

No please, a squad that has both smoke and sprint would be a monster. Problem with Shock troops currently is that Penals is better and they are much cheaper.
13 Aug 2016, 11:33 AM

Since WFA and British Force is come I feel like Shock is less performance than before and less use.
Now SU play always pick Penals, Guard or even cons to the main front line units.
Well Shock troops still be a good choice for some maps that make close combat role shine.
Compare Shock to another faction Elite close combat infantry I think Shock troops still need something.

my idea is replace "trip-flare mines" to another ability that unlock by vet 1.
- Sprint/Oorah ? for the units that have a lot of armor have sprint ability ... seems like OP i think (lol)
or
- assault rapid-fire ability ... everyone will be enjoy use this ability in Campaign mode. I think it will be a better choice than the first one but need to fix something too
1) less AoE
2) NO suppression !!!

Shock troops are fine the way they are. Certainly don't need a damage buff and already have a smoke grenade, since you mention suppression. I don't really see the manpower argument either since it is a lot easier to avoid squad wipes with them compared to elite Axis infantry (Stormtroopers, Fallschirmjaeger, Obers, Jaeger Light all bleed you as much MP and are more vulnerable to complete wipes).

It's true, currently Penals are more efficient in a similar role but that doesn't mean that another unit needs a buff on top of that.
13 Aug 2016, 12:41 PM

As long as vet 0 Shock Troops demolish vet 5 Volks with STG44's they are fine.

Sprint or no suppression would make them insanely OP.
13 Aug 2016, 12:56 PM

imo shock troopers are the best designed and balanced infantry in this game.
Only problem is that their grenades are bugged sometimes and take forever to throw(same for other units that can throw nades) and relic doesnt give a 2 cent about that bug since the creation of the universe
13 Aug 2016, 12:58 PM

They are absolutely fine
13 Aug 2016, 13:12 PM

They are fine, they are durable flankers with smoke, the only thing that must be looked at is their grenades AOE, 1-0.15 its like the weakest AOE for grenade in the game, just make it standard 1-0.25 .
13 Aug 2016, 13:18 PM

But sadly no1 uses them anymore. :(
13 Aug 2016, 13:31 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

They are fine, but the trip wire flares should be changed to something useful. Vet 1 for all the vanilla faction infantry needs to be reworked. Not sprint though, that would be OP.
13 Aug 2016, 13:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Aug 2016, 13:31 PMTobis
They are fine, but the trip wire flares should be changed to something useful. Vet 1 for all the vanilla faction infantry needs to be reworked. Not sprint though, that would be OP.

Pfaust would be thematically, ShISBr were known for using captured Pfausts in large scale, but it could cause balance problems.
13 Aug 2016, 14:05 PM

Nothing really wrong with shock troops. They've gone out of fashion relative to the more versatile penals and guards, but they are still very effective in their role. IME they're really the only close range unit that has enough durability to do their job past the early game. They are hard to use against OKW who will just use a luchs to murder them, but I don't know what to do about that.

Their reinforce cost could be a little lower, especially given that it's inevitable they will take heavy casualties.
13 Aug 2016, 14:31 PM

Called it.
13 Aug 2016, 16:57 PM

Does anyone uses them at all?

I would prefer move them to 4-5 cp and make them stronger.
13 Aug 2016, 19:38 PM

I haven't used them in awhile, but playing against them, they seem like they're okay. Assault grens on the other hand seem comically bad. Early game, they can push rifles around a bit but as soon as rifles get bars, then ass grens are just exactly that.

Shocks would work better if they had a longer range. It seems like you always lose a model or two when trying to get close, and the reinforce cost is high.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 3
unknown 2
unknown 47
United States 33
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L