Login

russian armor

Pupbchen various bug

5 Aug 2016, 00:28 AM

So here are some bug that I found
1 the pupbchen tend to hit the ground too many time
2 when recrewed by soviet sometimes it will be stil in attack tank only mode
3 even thought the crew is stealth and prioritize vehicle the crew will still shoot at inf unit
4 some time when recrewed by Soviet it will not shoot again
5 (not really a bug but the aim time seems to much maybe some error in the number )
5 Aug 2016, 01:02 AM

Stealth (both pupchen and Soviet stealth), prioritise vehicles and crew firing preferences are all related somewhat.

1. When using soviet AT ambush, the crew will use whatever target prioritisation is active. This means that you can never ever prevent the crew of soviet AT guns from firing at vehicles (thus, giving away the ambush).

2. The raketenwerfer has a funny workaround to that: it disables Volksgrenadier rifles from firing (at anything). If you recrew the weapon with anything that doesn't have Volksgrenadier rifles, the crew will behave exactly like soviet AT gun crew.

3. (I don't remember right now). However, if you do the following in this order:
- Activate stealth
- Activate vehicle prioritisation

I think that the raketen crew will open fire on tanks. However, I don't remember anymore.

4. To make matters worse, when reinforcing squads with weapon prioritsation (e.g., hold fire), the new squad members don't receive this command.

I have implemented the following QoL changes in a small mod:
- Prioritise vehicles now only affects the main gun. That way tank MGs/crews can keep firing at enemy infantry, regardless
- Soviet/Pupchen stealth guarantee that the crew will no longer open fire to any enemy target (vehicle or infantry), thus allowing the main gun to fire the first shot
- Pupchen prioritise vehicles preference now carries over when the unit is garrisoned (i.e., crew fires at everything, AT gun fires only at vehicles)
- (I haven't manage to make the toggle ability of the pupchen work while it's garrisoned though)

Sadly, there is not enough space in the margin of this post to detail the solution to these bugs in this post.

5 Aug 2016, 04:44 AM

Stealth (both pupchen and Soviet stealth), prioritise vehicles and crew firing preferences are all related somewhat.

1. When using soviet AT ambush, the crew will use whatever target prioritisation is active. This means that you can never ever prevent the crew of soviet AT guns from firing at vehicles (thus, giving away the ambush).

2. The raketenwerfer has a funny workaround to that: it disables Volksgrenadier rifles from firing (at anything). If you recrew the weapon with anything that doesn't have Volksgrenadier rifles, the crew will behave exactly like soviet AT gun crew.

3. (I don't remember right now). However, if you do the following in this order:
- Activate stealth
- Activate vehicle prioritisation

I think that the raketen crew will open fire on tanks. However, I don't remember anymore.

4. To make matters worse, when reinforcing squads with weapon prioritsation (e.g., hold fire), the new squad members don't receive this command.

I have implemented the following QoL changes in a small mod:
- Prioritise vehicles now only affects the main gun. That way tank MGs/crews can keep firing at enemy infantry, regardless
- Soviet/Pupchen stealth guarantee that the crew will no longer open fire to any enemy target (vehicle or infantry), thus allowing the main gun to fire the first shot
- Pupchen prioritise vehicles preference now carries over when the unit is garrisoned (i.e., crew fires at everything, AT gun fires only at vehicles)
- (I haven't manage to make the toggle ability of the pupchen work while it's garrisoned though)

Sadly, there is not enough space in the margin of this post to detail the solution to these bugs in this post.

Relic should do their job for which they're getting paid and fix it instead of using code by some modder on the forums that's done their job free of charge and for probably wayyy less the time they'll do it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 851
unknown 12

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment