Login

russian armor

Let's talk grenades

1 Aug 2016, 09:45 AM

Stun Grenade (Axis): IIRC They removed the ability to stop retreating units, that's fine, stunning units, again, fine, frustrating but fine, yet, why does it have to do damage? It should just stun, there is no need for the added damage.

Bundle Grenades (Axis): The only problem I have with this is just how well it destroys houses, I would much rather the bundle grenades (all grenades in fact) do more damage to units inside the house rather than the house itself. That still allows them to be good anti garrison tools but stops a full health (wooden) house from collapsing within the first 2 mins of a game.

Flame Grenade (OKW): Similar to the stun grenade, the initial blast of this grenade can and will kill models, because of that, in most situations it is much better than a regular grenade. If the user is paying attention they will dodge a grenade and run back into cover, in this situation it denies said cover/house for a set amount of time possibly exposing said squad to red cover for a period of time. Just remove the initial blast damage.

Light Gammon Bomb (UKF): From the ALO (Air landing officer) it's OK, from commando's however, its too short a fuse to react to at times when thrown from camouflage. Either increase the timer when thrown from camo, or, do not allow it to be thrown from camo.

AT Grenades (faust,AT grenades etc) (ALL): They home, we all know that, you blitz around a house and it will follow, hitting the tank. Why do they home? Surely there is a way to make these avoidable rather than being a 100% chance to hit.
1 Aug 2016, 09:58 AM

While we are at it, the following things should be fixed too:

Grenade throwing time
This concerns multiple grenades including the bundled panzergrenadier/stormtrooper Grenade, the USF anti tank rifle grenade, the panzerfusiliers anti tank grenade and the USF smoke rifle grenade.

It sometimes takes ages before the animation starts, for no good reason. You sometimes sit there for ages waiting for your squad to either throw a grenade or fire the anti tank rifle nade and missing an awesome opportunity for damage or even a wipe or a vehicle destruction.

Molotov
The throwing animation is simply too long, this is absurd and finally needs a change.
1 Aug 2016, 10:02 AM

Aye I've had the throw time bug too, it seems to be when the unit that was about to throw the grenade dies, it seems to chance who is throwing the grenade and then start the animation over.

That's what I seem to notice whenever I'm screaming at the units to throw the grenades.
1 Aug 2016, 10:06 AM

Not sure if intended: There's also a weird bug that if a tank rolls over the unit that is currently playing the animation to shoot an AT grenade (e.g. Faust), the animation is cancelled as the unit dies, but the AT grenade instantly hits the tank, even if the animation wasn't finished yet.
1 Aug 2016, 13:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Aug 2016, 09:45 AMLatch

AT Grenades (faust,AT grenades etc) (ALL): They home, we all know that, you blitz around a house and it will follow, hitting the tank. Why do they home? Surely there is a way to make these avoidable rather than being a 100% chance to hit.

Play with soviet tank hunter doctrine, use AT nades from there and you will instantly know why they home-in.

Hell, try to hit a moving light vehicle with a PIAT, that alone should give you the answer.
1 Aug 2016, 15:13 PM

I get that but shrecks to some extend home in too, Im not suggesting a piat mechanic but something that is dodgeable by moving out of x range or at the very least, behind a building.
1 Aug 2016, 15:19 PM

The sad thing is, stun grenades sometimes still leave you unable to retreat.
1 Aug 2016, 15:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Aug 2016, 15:13 PMLatch
I get that but shrecks to some extend home in too, Im not suggesting a piat mechanic but something that is dodgeable by moving out of x range or at the very least, behind a building.

Dont drive your vehicle into faust/at nade range? :huh:
1 Aug 2016, 16:02 PM

Agree on 90% of things.

Molotovs need a buff ASAP, for an ability that you have to pay for, it's very underwhelming.

And flame nades need to cost more, OKW players just spam that shit 24/7 and it make you win every engagement. With higher cost they will be only useful against houses/static defenses/team weapons
1 Aug 2016, 16:24 PM

Stun Grenade (Axis): IIRC They removed the ability to stop retreating units, that's fine, stunning units, again, fine, frustrating but fine, yet, why does it have to do damage? It should just stun, there is no need for the added damage.

Bundle Grenades (Axis): The only problem I have with this is just how well it destroys houses, I would much rather the bundle grenades (all grenades in fact) do more damage to units inside the house rather than the house itself. That still allows them to be good anti garrison tools but stops a full health (wooden) house from collapsing within the first 2 mins of a game.

Flame Grenade (OKW): Similar to the stun grenade, the initial blast of this grenade can and will kill models, because of that, in most situations it is much better than a regular grenade. If the user is paying attention they will dodge a grenade and run back into cover, in this situation it denies said cover/house for a set amount of time possibly exposing said squad to red cover for a period of time. Just remove the initial blast damage.

Light Gammon Bomb (UKF): From the ALO (Air landing officer) it's OK, from commando's however, its too short a fuse to react to at times when thrown from camouflage. Either increase the timer when thrown from camo, or, do not allow it to be thrown from camo.

At nades used to not home but relic made it home because at nade throwing also bugged out at times. Kappa
1 Aug 2016, 22:26 PM

Wind up times need to be consistent among all factions, respective to grenade power & cost obviously (especially LOLotovs). PLS lelic
2 Aug 2016, 03:44 AM

Dont drive your vehicle into faust/at nade range? :huh:

Oh of course but sometimes, its bound to happen, at times i've drive JUST in range and backed away with blitz only to have a faust follow me , that should not have been a 100% chance to hit in my eyes, I was out of default range and blitzing away.
2 Aug 2016, 04:20 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

AT snares are better off being balanced around homing in. When they aren't, the practical true range of the abilities are unintuitive because it'll usually get canceled part of the way through from the vehicle moving away, making the practical range of them much smaller and harder to eyeball compared to just predicting "Will the infantry unit get within range #?".
2 Aug 2016, 18:40 PM

On the AT grenade subject i've noticed faust hits no matter what even if you immediately speed boost with brits, with USF's rifle grenade in particular if they immediately blitz causes a bug where the riflenade will not go off or it will be shot and just not hit anything.

Its really shity because you might lose the squad having them hang in there if its really important that it gets snared. In some scenarios I ended up losing the squad and the vehicle didn't even get snared because the rifle flew off and never hit the vehicle. Sometimes it might not fire because if the firing squad member I think but there is definately something buggy with usf rifle nade and then axis vehicles being able to blitz out of los causing bugs and missed snares.
2 Aug 2016, 23:26 PM

Its weird that fausts can home, but its neccesary.

Unless you can find a way to make faust slight home (I.E curve towards the target) and still make it a skill shot all while not making it a waste of 25 muni, I'm in.
2 Aug 2016, 23:39 PM

Stun Grenade (Axis)

The stun time is pretty short, without the damage they would either need to be dirt cheap or have longer stun duration. I think all that needs to be fixed is the bug which makes the stun effect permanent.

Bundle Grenades (Axis)

Agree, grenades in general do too much damage to buildings while Tanks and field guns do too little.

Flame Grenade (OKW):
These things can feel a bit OP but volks are struggling as it is. I'd rather see their cost increased slightly so they can't just be spammed in every engagement, while the mp44 upgrade reworked into something with more of an impact.

Light Gammon Bomb (UKF):
Agreed, thrown from camo with the current fuze time is a bit over the top.

AT Grenades (faust,AT grenades etc) (ALL):
Homing is weird but I don't see it changing. There are a few annoying bugs and clunky mechanics (such as fausts firing to no effect and AT rifle nades taking forever to fire) that need to be fixed.

Molotovs: I think they perform fine as a dirt-cheap building-denial tool, plus it's risky buffing a core unit that is already heavily used. The problem is spending a precious 15 fuel in the early game is often just too much, especially if you need that fuel to rush a t70. To that I think they should either cost less fuel to unlock with a slightly higher munition cost since sovs float munitions with most doctrines, or be rolled into the AT nade upgrade as others have suggested before.
9 Aug 2016, 17:33 PM

While this is being discussed, the Guard grenade needs a RADICAL price decrease. Right now, it costs 45(same as Bundle and Light Gammon), while worth 25, 30 at best(taking into account that Soviets usually float muni). The Shock one is not so overpriced, costing 30 instead of like 20, but it could use a price decrease nonetheless.
9 Aug 2016, 19:09 PM

Agree on 90% of things.

Molotovs need a buff ASAP, for an ability that you have to pay for, it's very underwhelming.

And flame nades need to cost more, OKW players just spam that shit 24/7 and it make you win every engagement. With higher cost they will be only useful against houses/static defenses/team weapons

Molotov goes in pair with Hoorra, not giving time to react isn't really balanced.
9 Aug 2016, 21:11 PM

The British Mills feels underwhelming to be honest in terms of damage, and I can't even see the difference with the 7% farther range bulletin.
9 Aug 2016, 21:35 PM
Donator 11

Not sure if intended: There's also a weird bug that if a tank rolls over the unit that is currently playing the animation to shoot an AT grenade (e.g. Faust), the animation is cancelled as the unit dies, but the AT grenade instantly hits the tank, even if the animation wasn't finished yet.

It's intended, the whole idea of homing snares is to punish a player that drives into snare range in a deterministic way. That means snare squads create no go zones for tanks, just like mgs create such zones for infantry (in both cases it intentionally doesn't work if you are outnumbered). If you could just drive over the soldier to avoid the snare it would mean the zone this soldier created doesn't work against crushing vehicles.

In fact it's a win-win situation, one side kills one or more soldiers, the other snares a vehicle. Or you could say that who wins here depends on support and position where it happened.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 56
Russian Federation 38

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment