Login

russian armor

Guards grenade, cost to high?

19 Jul 2016, 14:16 PM

It costs 45 munitions, isn't that to much for its performance? It feels like it has the same damage as the pineaple grenade from USF.
A bundle grenade cost the same and it is much better, or even the gamon from UKF (almost the same cost as the bundle grenade).
Does someone know the exact stats?

Correct me if i am wrong.
19 Jul 2016, 14:17 PM

All nades have exactly the same 80 damage, except bundle nades, which are portable 120mm shells of old.
There are also light gammon bombs, I suppose they can be labeled as nades.

Inb4 anyone comes up yelling "satchel charge" and "gammon bomb"-just bash your head against a wall a couple of times to erase stupid from your heads.
19 Jul 2016, 14:21 PM

It costs 45 munitions, isn't that to much for its performance? It feels like it has the same damage as the pineaple grenade from USF.
A bundle grenade cost the same and it is much better, or even the gamon from UKF (almost the same cost as the bundle grenade).
Does someone know the exact stats?

Correct me if i am wrong.

You are correct.

Damage-wise, there are 3 tiers when it comes to infantry grenades:
Light Gamon Bombs = Bundle nades (Falls/Obers/Pgrens/Stormtroopers)
Guards troops nade = pineapple nades
Shock troops nades = trash

However, do keep in mind that guards troops nades have very tiny wind-up time (i.e., time to throw), which is comparable to Volks flame nades. Given that PGren nades were recently buffed, I don't think that guard nades performance justifies their cost, any longer.
19 Jul 2016, 15:33 PM

BUFF BUTTON too
19 Jul 2016, 15:44 PM

I would say 35 munitions would be OK. Not to cheep not to expensive.
19 Jul 2016, 16:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2016, 14:17 PMKatitof
All nades have exactly the same 80 damage, except bundle nades, which are portable 120mm shells of old.
There are also light gammon bombs, I suppose they can be labeled as nades.

Inb4 anyone comes up yelling "satchel charge" and "gammon bomb"-just bash your head against a wall a couple of times to erase stupid from your heads.

Well... they do sorta look like grenades, but if I used them in Medal of Honor: Airborne to take out a Tiger... it ain't doing grenade damage lol.

19 Jul 2016, 17:43 PM

Everything about the guards are overpriced imo. I know its because of their great versatility and dmg, but at least reduce cost of their expensive abilities >_<
19 Jul 2016, 18:20 PM

Everything about the guards are overpriced imo. I know its because of their great versatility and dmg, but at least reduce cost of their useless abilities >_<
19 Jul 2016, 19:57 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Well, the DP-28s are entirely fairly-priced.
19 Jul 2016, 20:25 PM

Squad price is fair for 6 models and 2 PTRs, Dp cost also fair, only problem is grenade and button, they should be changed cost wise or performance wise. I think 25-30mu for current button is fair price, same for grenade (30mu) or just make it copy of Bundled Grenades, which also cost 45mu, it even could be a little bit weaker, but not 50% weaker.
25 Jul 2016, 23:46 PM

It could be a bit cheaper but not by much. Guards are already very versatile, it's ok if their grenade isn't great value. If that was the case it would make it harder for short-range troops to counter them and make conscripts less appealing. IMO the grenade is alright, what annoys me about guards is the clunkiness of button and the long aim time for PTRS.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★