russian armor

on the ptrs

15 Jul 2016, 22:27 PM

i think guard ptrs are not really good right now mostly for 2 reason
1 sometime they don't shoot when you use button ability idk why
2 the take aim time is too long
and how about let guard fire them on the move they are only 2 ptrs
and is not very consistent sometime they shoot sometime not
btw wasn't button supposed to near snare the vehicle and have 0 line of sight for 8 sec ?
cause luch can easily run out and all tank can still see my unit and fire at them

Button Vehicle

Reduces target vehicle sight to almost 0, reduces speed and rotation rate by 67%, -50% deceleration, disables weapons, +25% reload time.
they still shoot
16 Jul 2016, 06:34 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Button was long nerfed to be an ability that doesn't really work all that well even when the vehicle's engine-damaged.

I'd say to buff it by making the combat penalties harsher, but keep the speed stuff exactly the same. Keep it a good tool for fending off flanking vehicles and perhaps give a noticeable edge in a fight against an engine-damaged vehicle, keep it away from the "lolstunlock" it used to do.
16 Jul 2016, 07:12 AM

Problem is that ptrs are rifles that double as AT weapons, and no AT weapon are allowed to fire on the move.
16 Jul 2016, 07:19 AM

Guards ptrs vs support teams, ptrs shoots weapon itself, not crew.

Since weapon can't be destroyed as long as at least one crew member alive it's waste of bullets. Fix it.
16 Jul 2016, 09:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jul 2016, 06:34 AMVuther
Button was long nerfed to be an ability that doesn't really work all that well even when the vehicle's engine-damaged.

I'd say to buff it by making the combat penalties harsher, but keep the speed stuff exactly the same. Keep it a good tool for fending off flanking vehicles and perhaps give a noticeable edge in a fight against an engine-damaged vehicle, keep it away from the "lolstunlock" it used to do.

Just disable weapon or main gun during the effect or lock the turret after all it requires line of sight and the squad to not move
fix the bug that don't let them fire when using button and reduce the take aim time
16 Jul 2016, 10:33 AM

What the AT rifles (PTRS, Bois) lacks compared to other infantry-ported AT weapons is an unacceptably long aim time before the first round goes out.

Bazooka/Piat/Panzerschreck:
- you right-click on the enemy? Whoosh, there goes your rocket out instantly (1.25 waiting time)

PTRS:
- You have to wait for 2.75 secs before your first shot goes out)

16 Jul 2016, 10:39 AM

What the AT rifles (PTRS, Bois) lacks compared to other infantry-ported AT weapons is an unacceptably long aim time before the first round goes out.

- you right-click on the enemy? Whoosh, there goes your rocket out instantly (1.25 waiting time)

PTRS:

+ but i thought was a bug seems like is not :foreveralone::foreveralone::foreveralone::foreveralone:
btw what's your opinion on button ability
16 Jul 2016, 11:00 AM
Patrion 14

PTRS:

it is more accurate though right (against vehicles)?

I am not sure about PTRS being bad... guards are in a good spot and i do not think Con PTRS commander's main problem is that con PTRS suck. I am afraid if we buff the weapon it might have bad influence on guards.
16 Jul 2016, 11:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jul 2016, 11:00 AMpigsoup

I am not sure about PTRS being bad... guards are in a good spot and i do not think Con PTRS commander's main problem is that con PTRS suck. I am afraid if we buff the weapon it might have bad influence on guards.
good spot ?
16 Jul 2016, 11:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jul 2016, 11:00 AMpigsoup

Or we can just buff con PTRS accuracy and leave it there...
Its not like cons already don't use "special glue eating ppsh" and "special glue eating PTRS" anyway.
16 Jul 2016, 11:42 AM
Patrion 14

good spot ?

good long range, 6 men, scares away light vehicle + button (i know it is useless most of the time but it is really useful if you catch a vehicle on a dive)....
16 Jul 2016, 11:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jul 2016, 11:42 AMpigsoup

good long range, 6 men, scares away light vehicle + button (i know it is useless most of the time but it is really useful if you catch a vehicle on a dive)....
the aim time is too much and button really need a rework pazer fuast cost less and effect is permanent and you need dp28 to use it
the ptrs damage is 27 with ginormous cool down and aim time and has 85 pen with no deflect damage
16 Jul 2016, 12:10 PM
Patrion 14

the aim time is too much and button really need a rework pazer fuast cost less and effect is permanent and you need dp28 to use it
the ptrs damage is 27 with ginormous cool down and aim time and has 85 pen with no deflect damage

i think 27 is for only agaist inf. isnt vehicle damage like 40? not great but anyway.

ptrs dont miss though... if i am correct. so i think that can be the argument for its aim time. i really do not think PTRS should be more effective against heavier vehicles.
16 Jul 2016, 13:04 PM

Just a little note, the PTRS is not only used by Guards but by Cons from the Tank Hunter tactics commander as well, but buffing it would mean you would also need to buff the German and British equivalents to the same levels so it's fair to everybody SINCE they're basically the same thing, all are mostly firing a .55 cal round.

Fun fact, the Soviet PTRS and PDRS are actually copied from a Finnish weapon, like the PPSh.

And yes I know that the Soviets are the main users of Anti-Tank rifles and that it's their only hand-held AT weapon compared to other Armies but having the British Tank Hunter Section is the Brits' only way of fighting early light vehicles because of the PIAT's inaccuracy while Idk Relic might decide to add a new German squad that uses the German Panzerbusche AT Rifle? For example a Panzerjager squad to the OKW that can upgrade to a single (or double) Shreck(s) that come by default with the AT rifle tho.
And buffing the PTRS entitiy also buffs the Con ones, not just the Guard ones.
16 Jul 2016, 14:40 PM

- make button a bit cheaper like 30MU
- aim and fire faster if they're in cover (standing aim position) cause they have bipod

* sorry for my bad english
16 Jul 2016, 14:53 PM

1. PTRS to...

1.1 Penals;

1.2 Cons (Better second, since Penals are hard AI, Cons will be light AT support);

2. PTRS Guards out, Leased M9s in.

3. ???

4. Balanced soviet infantry!!!
16 Jul 2016, 15:03 PM

1. PTRS to...

1.1 Penals;

1.2 Cons (Better second, since Penals are hard AI, Cons will be light AT support);

3. ???

So make guards into penals and penals into guards?
16 Jul 2016, 15:06 PM

smoke should not cancel button. other wise guards are good but mainly in buildings
16 Jul 2016, 15:44 PM

1. PTRS to...

1.1 Penals;

3. ???

congrats, another stupid idea. go on.
16 Jul 2016, 16:15 PM

Just a little note, the PTRS is not only used by Guards but by Cons from the Tank Hunter tactics commander as well, but buffing it would mean you would also need to buff the German and British equivalents to the same levels so it's fair to everybody SINCE they're basically the same thing, all are mostly firing a .55 cal round.

Fun fact, the Soviet PTRS and PDRS are actually copied from a Finnish weapon, like the PPSh.

And yes I know that the Soviets are the main users of Anti-Tank rifles and that it's their only hand-held AT weapon compared to other Armies but having the British Tank Hunter Section is the Brits' only way of fighting early light vehicles because of the PIAT's inaccuracy while Idk Relic might decide to add a new German squad that uses the German Panzerbusche AT Rifle? For example a Panzerjager squad to the OKW that can upgrade to a single (or double) Shreck(s) that come by default with the AT rifle tho.
And buffing the PTRS entitiy also buffs the Con ones, not just the Guard ones.
from my knowledge the ptrs are different what I'm talking about is the take aim time and the button ability
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 12
Germany 106
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak