Login

russian armor

Penal squads flamethrowers

15 Jul 2016, 10:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jul 2016, 08:32 AMKatitof

How is that not a weakness to you?

Balance wise its not a weakness, since ALL infantry get suppressed. Its like you would say their advantage is the two leg they have, so they are not stationary unit. Its true, but the same can be said about all infantry units.

And if you want penal exclusive weakness-light armor. They got nothing on it.
Mortars will not arrive before 8th-10th minute because you need that field presence first, then either T2 or 120mm.

How many infantry have light armor except the shocktroops?

Mortars might arrive late, but they arrive with a smoke. LeIG doesnt, and again... volks are base infantry, penals are not.

MG34 arrives around 3rd-4th minute if you tech med truck. You also have Kubel, which is excellent at harassing penals and forces soviet into enduring bleed until 2CP or getting M3, which is hardly a reasonable choice currently and becomes completely useless once kubel is dead.

I was wondering how come Relic decided to lock MG34 behind a tech level, for a faction that is most vulnerable against suppression, while giving USF a t0 OP mortar. Where is the logic behind this?
15 Jul 2016, 10:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jul 2016, 10:15 AMRiCE

Balance wise its not a weakness, since ALL infantry get suppressed. Its like you would say their advantage is the two leg they have, so they are not stationary unit. Its true, but the same can be said about all infantry units.

That is like saying AT guns are not a weakness of T34, because all tanks get countered by them....

How many infantry have light armor except the shocktroops?

Let me present you the light armor:

Mortars might arrive late, but they arrive with a smoke. LeIG doesnt, and again... volks are base infantry, penals are not.

Not really sure where you're going right now.
You're trying to say that combined arms is more effective then single unit spam?
Also, pair of Leigs will make a short work of any support weapon, it still have heat seaking shells.

I was wondering how come Relic decided to lock MG34 behind a tech level, for a faction that is most vulnerable against suppression, while giving USF a t0 OP mortar. Where is the logic behind this?

Because they wanted MG34 timing to be the same as it was when it was doctrinal and because they wanted USF T0 to be less stale and one dimensional.
15 Jul 2016, 10:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jul 2016, 10:23 AMKatitof

I missed Katitof. Dunno, why you don't like him, guys. :D
15 Jul 2016, 11:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jul 2016, 10:15 AMRiCE

You don't have to worry about smoke when facing penal. The smoke ability on the rifleman and shock are very useful against mg.
15 Jul 2016, 12:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jul 2016, 10:23 AMKatitof

Well since you were talking about WEAKNESS, i thought you mean infantry armor. So you meant COUNTER UNITS by light vehicles. Well duh.. obviously light vehicles are a threat for anything that is bad at armor piercing.

Not really sure where you're going right now.
You're trying to say that combined arms is more effective then single unit spam?
Also, pair of Leigs will make a short work of any support weapon, it still have heat seaking shells.

No, you said Penals dont have anything against suppression. I replied that soviet faction has dedicated abilities against MGs, namely the mortar smoke, while OKW REALLY has nothing. How come you mention penals lack of smokenades as a weakness, yet you never ever mentioned OKWs lack of anti-suppression abilities? the whole faction suffers from that..

Also i dont think buying 2 LeIG to counter MGs can be mentioned on the same page as having a single smoke shell ability for a mortar.
15 Jul 2016, 12:52 PM

Plan:

1. Flamethrowers out;

2. PTRS pack in.

3. ???

4. Profit!!!

Suggest to initiate it immideatly!

dumbest thing ever, jesus christ
15 Jul 2016, 12:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jul 2016, 18:24 PMKatitof
Use suppression.

They got nothing on MGs.

oh yes they have. URRAAAAA AND SATCHEL :banana:
15 Jul 2016, 13:05 PM

oh yes they have. URRAAAAA AND SATCHEL :banana:

They don't start at vet2, we're not talking old elite rifles and have you ever tried to use satchel against anything that isn't a bunker?
15 Jul 2016, 13:36 PM

Plan:

1. Flamethrowers out;

2. PTRS pack in.

3. ???

4. Profit!!!

Suggest to initiate it immideatly!

So why after 5 days of this posrt you re not top 10 already?
15 Jul 2016, 14:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jul 2016, 13:05 PMKatitof

They don't start at vet2, we're not talking old elite rifles and have you ever tried to use satchel against anything that isn't a bunker?

i used satchels against everything. only depending on your enemy. oh you. :facepalm:
15 Jul 2016, 15:01 PM

i used satchels against everything. only depending on your enemy. oh you. :facepalm:

Exactly.

I like to assume my enemy isn't in his first placement games.
15 Jul 2016, 17:15 PM

I missed Katitof. Dunno, why you don't like him, guys. :D

I think Im warming up to him :wub:

compared to him, all the other forum trolls make their retarded shitposts in the most broken troglodyte english ever

at least he speaks english decently
15 Jul 2016, 18:20 PM

Why are you guys complain about Penals? Fast tech into light vehicles and they're done. Limit your loses before you get there and you'll be all right.
15 Jul 2016, 20:12 PM

I'm sure if guards weren't a thing that would work
15 Jul 2016, 20:41 PM

Leave my penal alone!
16 Jul 2016, 08:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jul 2016, 20:12 PMUnited
I'm sure if guards weren't a thing that would work

And how many Guard squads can Soviet player field if he/she went Penals heavy early game? Beside PTRS is not a Shrek. It still takes time to kill something especially that no Cons - no snare.
16 Jul 2016, 11:52 AM

There are times when I dont upgrade and keep the extra SVT depending on the map and circumstances

Unlike A-moving LMG infantry
16 Jul 2016, 12:01 PM

they are fine i prefer to wait some lmg to drop and dont upgrade them
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak