Login

russian armor

My feelings about the game in its current state

7 Jul 2016, 04:04 AM

There should be an 120 munitions armor upgrade option for Pgrens, chose to make PGrens an AI squad or a AT squad. Right now, relying on Pgrens for AI is extremely cost inefficient.
7 Jul 2016, 04:28 AM

The other things I've noticed are: Lack of a tier 0 MG, that is the requirement of the MG34 for a deployed HQ truck, which is complete and utter bullshit and fun destroyer, especially if the entire team is made up of OKW players.

It takes me till 5 minutes to get an MG on the field and usually comes to help hold the territory.

Squishy Sturmpioneers in the hand-held AT infantry role, I haven't really found them overwhelmed with work, it's a risk and reward factor of either fixing your tanks or defending from incoming Tank attacks, but I have to note down that I lose them a lot more than I lost volksgrenadiers, and I never did spam volks exceot for maybe once when I tried out the Firestorm doctrine for the first time ever.

OKW AT is just too squishy, volks are great for manning racketens cheaply but I haven't been able to get a Racketen over vet 2.

The other thing is their side grades, now what I propose is that their Schwerer HQ truck receive an optional upgrade for the Flak to be manned so the OKW doesn't get any more "freebies" anymore BUT decrease the price of the other side-grades.

I don't care what it costs as long as it's worth it. I'd like to see a bump to the repair speed to match the side tech cost. If the flak gets locked under side tech, it better have some teeth.
7 Jul 2016, 05:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jul 2016, 04:04 AMUnited
There should be an 120 munitions armor upgrade option for Pgrens, chose to make PGrens an AI squad or a AT squad. Right now, relying on Pgrens for AI is extremely cost inefficient.

I don't see how nerfing PGs to have k98 on start helps to solve balance issues.
7 Jul 2016, 06:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jul 2016, 05:31 AMJespe

I don't see how nerfing PGs to have k98 on start helps to solve balance issues.

???
7 Jul 2016, 06:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jul 2016, 06:03 AMUnited

???

You wanted it to have upgrade to AI so it should not be AI unit before that.

or did you mean you build it as a AI (STG) unit and then upgrade it with 120 munition to be a deathstar like having as good stats as:
Thompsons ranger on the close range?
Pgrens on the middle range?
MG34 obers on the long range?
7 Jul 2016, 07:12 AM

dps is unchanged, survivability is. You know what armor is right?
7 Jul 2016, 07:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jul 2016, 07:12 AMUnited
dps is unchanged, survivability is. You know what armor is right?

Yeah its a thing that usually needs tracks below it to work.

- I know the feel about that unit when playing ost it feels like they don't have a impact because you need to retreat them before the battle starts. --> This is usually lack of combined-arms effort

- I also know the feeling when fresh Pgrens hit me. and they are wiping machines when used right.

If they had better survivality against small arms they could just walk next to infantry and wipe them with no effort. --> Comparing them to stg stormtroopers they have a lot better survivalibity.

7 Jul 2016, 08:56 AM

I have not seen such polite and modest thread since...aeons ago....

I feel like Im in Equestria now
7 Jul 2016, 10:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jul 2016, 04:28 AMsinthe

It takes me till 5 minutes to get an MG on the field and usually comes to help hold the territory.

OKW AT is just too squishy, volks are great for manning racketens cheaply but I haven't been able to get a Racketen over vet 2.

I don't care what it costs as long as it's worth it. I'd like to see a bump to the repair speed to match the side tech cost. If the flak gets locked under side tech, it better have some teeth.

My main problem is like said, when in a large 3v3/4v4 team game where all of us are OKW and the enemy has 2 USF for example they just decide to attack a single point and I'm unable to hold out due to the superior firepower and numbers, an MG tho could buy me time to setup some sort of position to defend from rather than just spamming volks and/or sturms to that position in order to hold it until I get my med truck down AND THEN start to get MGs, it's rather late and I've already lost my position until that happens, the MG then jsut runs straight into an enemy blob and gets annihilated. That's my frustration about, I'm fine with everything else really, I'm just noting other lower priority things, for me that is at least.
7 Jul 2016, 10:40 AM

...team game where all of us are OKW.

Maybe there is your problem? all having the same doctrine also?

Seriously, in first 3 minutes: Brit brings MG, USF brings Mortar/riflemen SOV brings MG/cons

And you dont even bring any OST MG, sniper, and mortar to the game is like playing both hands behind your back. And then crying that OKW don't have diversity to fight 3 different factions alone?
7 Jul 2016, 13:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jul 2016, 10:40 AMJespe

Maybe there is your problem? all having the same doctrine also?

Seriously, in first 3 minutes: Brit brings MG, USF brings Mortar/riflemen SOV brings MG/cons

And you dont even bring any OST MG, sniper, and mortar to the game is like playing both hands behind your back. And then crying that OKW don't have diversity to fight 3 different factions alone?

Dude what are you talking about doctrines have nothing to do with this, and how is a single Wehrmacht going to cover the whole playing field with MGs exactly? And I'm not playing with my hands behind my back Relic to tied them there and are limiting the OKW start.

And again, what 3 minutes are you talking about, the British first unit out of the HQ could you be an MG, the 2nd Soviet one can be a Maxim.
7 Jul 2016, 14:28 PM

Thank you! :)

In fact I think that especially balance discussions are way to heated in this forums. It's about having fun and nothing else. At least it should be.

That's also the reason why I opened this thread. Because the last patch costed me a lot of the fun I used to have with the game. And it seems that I'm not the only one around with that problem.

7 Jul 2016, 14:28 PM

Dude what are you talking about doctrines have nothing to do with this, and how is a single Wehrmacht going to cover the whole playing field with MGs exactly? And I'm not playing with my hands behind my back Relic to tied them there and are limiting the OKW start.

And again, what 3 minutes are you talking about, the British first unit out of the HQ could you be an MG, the 2nd Soviet one can be a Maxim.

I know that there are true problems in axis play but you don't even want to understand.

Ignorance is a bless.
7 Jul 2016, 14:49 PM

Thank you! :)

In fact I think that especially balance discussions are way to heated in this forums. It's about having fun and nothing else. At least it should be.

That's also the reason why I opened this thread. Because the last patch costed me a lot of the fun I used to have with the game. And it seems that I'm not the only one around with that problem.

don't worry when I get the permission to open my rant thread most of the toxicity will go there and we will have happy discussion all day , we are almost there some more vote and I'm done
7 Jul 2016, 15:02 PM

I bet Katitof is going crazy right now because he can't spam this thread with "axis fanboys" and "playercard plz".
7 Jul 2016, 15:14 PM

I bet Katitof is going crazy right now because he can't spam this thread with "axis fanboys" and "playercard plz".
The witch is dead. Never ever has this forum been more polite and constructive.

Btw. what exactly happened that he was banned?
7 Jul 2016, 15:22 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I am looking at some serious heresy right now

(I don't actually care)
7 Jul 2016, 15:34 PM
7 Jul 2016, 16:10 PM

axis durchfall is real
It´s funny cause that can mean "failure" aswell as "diarrhea".

Both words fit the current state of Ostheer well, your choice.
7 Jul 2016, 16:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jul 2016, 14:28 PMJespe

I know that there are true problems in axis play but you don't even want to understand.

Ignorance is a bless.

Hey, I'm just frustrated like the OP said, I really don't have anything to complain about on either side, well, maybe except for the mortar pit, I hate that thing with a passion and I just don't understand why Relic won't replace it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★