Login

russian armor

Change mortars with current mines as role model?

What do you think?
Option Distribution Votes
28%
72%
Total votes: 32
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
3 Jul 2016, 20:09 PM

I really love the fact that mines cant wipe a full health squad anymore, but why not just do the same thing for mortars?

Mines still wipe full health soliders, but not more than 2 of a squad, right? But for mortars, I would prefer a nerf by decreasing the shell damage, so that a single shell cant kill a full health soldier or squad anymore in case it hits the target directly :)

Those mortar one-hits only would make sense if the Player would be forced to invest more micro in those units by manual fire... but auto-fire-mode LONG RANGE units definetely deserve no one-shots as reward
3 Jul 2016, 21:26 PM

This doesn't make any sense, a mortar has a shell that kills stuff. 95% of the time it misses, 5 % of the time it hits the target right on.And this only happens when the unit is very clumped up. This is how it suppose to be.

Mortars are fine (not the USF one thou :D).
3 Jul 2016, 21:27 PM

Oh, and I've got a better idea!

Lets do this for... BULLETS!

There, no more wipes, gaem balalncd, every1 happeh :hansGASM:
3 Jul 2016, 21:44 PM

This doesn't make any sense, a mortar has a shell that kills stuff. 95% of the time it misses, 5 % of the time it hits the target right on.And this only happens when the unit is very clumped up. This is how it suppose to be.

Mortars are fine (not the USF one thou :D).

So when only 5% of the shots are one-hits, I think it wouldnt be too much of a nerf if the shell does only 90% Hit-Points damage against inf in case of a direct hit? :sibHyena:
3 Jul 2016, 21:44 PM

Oh, and I've got a better idea!

Lets do this for... BULLETS!

There, no more wipes, gaem balalncd, every1 happeh :hansGASM:

Katitof :wub:
3 Jul 2016, 21:58 PM

So when only 5% of the shots are one-hits, I think it wouldnt be too much of a nerf if the shell does only 90% Hit-Points damage against inf in case of a direct hit? :sibHyena:

The same happens with other shell too. Tank shells for example, should we nerf them all?
And to counter your argument, if it happens only 5% at the time its not a big deal.
3 Jul 2016, 22:03 PM

The same happens with other shell too. Tank shells for example, should we nerf them all?

Its not the same like with tank shells... because you can user cover against tanks, also this nearly only happens vs heavy tanks --> its more rare than with mortars

And to counter your argument, if it happens only 5% at the time its not a big deal.

Wut, you came here and started with this 5% guess, not me ;)
3 Jul 2016, 22:18 PM

Forget about it dude people will just jump on you for being a low level player or whatever and ask for your playercard so they can sleep well at night knowing they have a higher number than someone else in a fucking video game, oh and then to top it all off tell you to learn to play, instead of actually trying it out first with a mod or something. Always with the negativity, that's the comp scene for ya.
3 Jul 2016, 22:36 PM

Demo charge should just give everyone in the blast radius like....a really bad stitch or something nasty like that.
3 Jul 2016, 22:54 PM

I think Mortars not being able to kill more than 2-3 models a shell would be a better idea, but mines got compensated with the ability to suppress so how would mortars be compensated and dont give them the ability to suppress it will just bring back the Lieg/Pack Howie fiasco from last year

On the side note I would like if Mortars also did full damage to player owned units so that they require more micro cause atm you can run into an enemy squad if a mortar shell falls on top it will kill half his squad or more while yours barely takes any damage
3 Jul 2016, 22:55 PM

Wut, you came here and started with this 5% guess, not me ;)

I know that i said it, after me you said if its only 5% at the time it should be ok to nerf it. Then i said the opposite, its happening only 5% at the time so its ok not to nerf it ;)
3 Jul 2016, 23:00 PM

Just make every squad that would normally die reduce to one entity, become invincible, and force retreat to base. There, no more wipes no more complaints, and the game's been moving in that direction with mines anyway :p
3 Jul 2016, 23:19 PM
Donator 11

Why is the poll so biased again? Nobody is ok with current mortars, but in most cases only becouse of usf mortar bug. Mods, can we have something like biased poll report button? :romeoHype:
3 Jul 2016, 23:41 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Why is the poll so biased again? Nobody is ok with current mortars, but in most cases only becouse of usf mortar bug. Mods, can we have something like biased poll report button? :romeoHype:

No, because then i would get banned for my Hotchkiss thread :snfBarton:
4 Jul 2016, 03:21 AM

Now that the OP admitted he just made a fool out of himself, we can safely ignore him-_-
4 Jul 2016, 04:02 AM

95% of the time it misses, 5 % of the time it hits the target right on.

USF Mortar 5% :sibHyena::sibHyena:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS