Login

russian armor

OKW Infantry

PAGES (8)down
29 Jun 2016, 16:18 PM

This game is all about trades, one the biggest problems the okw presented to this game and why it earned its spot for most hated faction in game was you didnt have to make those trades.

The only thing the nerfs in recent patches did to the okw, to qoute Ledgers joker "Bring him down (dent) to our level".

Like Katiof said, OKW isnt a "special snowflake" anymore and those who play okw will how to do what the rest of us been doing in the game.

Personally this new volks is a better improvement over all volks because of the increase AI that OKW needs and a snare to prevent mass genocide by a lone brave sherman on rampage American style.

Obers are exactly where they nees to be because hwo potent they are, god help those who face vetted obers
29 Jun 2016, 17:04 PM

Obers, regardless of vet, are typically my ticket to getting my units up to vet 3. They are just as much a glass cannon as any other infantry in this game. Except they don't have any AT and hit the field for 400mp at a time when there are almost assuredly tanks.

Tanks and artillery give no craps about Obers' received accuracy. Obers always require support to be effective, else they just drop like flies and feed vet. I have only ever feared Obers when I was shitplaying with something like PPSh blobs and floating 500+ fuel.

Interestingly enough, Volks and obers now share a similar relationship as ppsh cons and shock troopers. Their roles are mostly the same, with one being more expensive and lacking AT but specialized for AI. (Except the choice isn't doctrinal. :p)

I foresee even less usage of Obers now that volks have the StG option. This is largely a manpower game, and Obers are not that efficient for when they are timed while needing support from volks fausts and sturms with schrecks. Volks do fill their role well with cover denying nades and new StGs. I see USF LMG blobs being the a situation where Obers might be necessary, but it'd still be so much more efficient to use any sort of vehicle against that. Expensive glass cannons versus cheap glass cannons is pretty clearly lopsided.
29 Jun 2016, 19:12 PM

How about removing the requirement of the MG34 hmmm? Nah, makes too much sense.

Btw medhood, if you see this, before we continue our argument here, I'm not accusing you of copying my profile picture or anything, I'm just curious, where did you get it? Since they kinda look similar so I'm just wondering, that's all.
29 Jun 2016, 19:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2016, 13:23 PMArclyte
LOL, are people really bitching about bazookas now that shrecks were rightfully removed from volks?

Bazookas?

Viable blobbing strategies
29 Jun 2016, 20:17 PM

I think right now ostheer is the faction that desperately needs urgent buffs/changes. The faction is ridiculously weak. OKW is not a priority compared to Ostheer disastrous estate. It's an embarrassment for the developer, not a faction.
29 Jun 2016, 21:37 PM

Conscript cost 10mp less and they can only dream of Volks' level of scaling. Their Stgs deal more dmg than Kar98 at max range too so it's a straight upgrade for a very sturdy unit. IS is expensive as hell and don't get snare, rifles... are rifles but it's not like USF has anything else (after Mortar gets fixed). Penals are good but they are in crap tier and way too vulnerable to Luchs rush.

Piss of with your conscript comparison as the su always was maxim + callin troops. and now they use penals. so the comparison is simply idiotic . Sturdy? the riflemen and the is have the received accuracy bonuses not the volks and dont even get me started on vet 3 rifles. And the IS is not expensive for what you get.

Also the mp44 is flat out the worst upgrade in the game. the cheaper g43 upgrade surpasses it by miles as does the bar upgrade.

Also vulnerable to luchs? ever heard of backteching?
29 Jun 2016, 21:38 PM

No they should not. the mp44 upgrade on volks makes it one of the better base infantry choices currently in game.

Volks are fine now. They have an AT snare, an anti garrison grenade and can build cover, this a great deal for such a cheap unit.

BHAHAHHAHAAAHAHAHAA

your a fun dude mate. or you dont know math.
29 Jun 2016, 22:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2016, 21:38 PMZyllen

BHAHAHHAHAAAHAHAHAA

your a fun dude mate. or you dont know math.

It has been proven that it is a straight up upgrade to kar98s, it improves their DPS in all ranges bar the most extreme long range.

You just talk out of your ass because you can't adapt to the new meta and blame it on the game.

Keep on behaving like a spoiled child on this thread. It will surely enhance the quality of the responses.
29 Jun 2016, 22:46 PM

Can we keep the shit posting to a minimum.

So a wait an see approach for volks seems to be the verdict, though most of the arguements against changing them seems to be early game is fine, with no mention of late game.

Obers still seem to be a bug bear, can anyone post a game in this patch where Obers actually fit well into the 1v1 meta?

Why does everyone seem to think good luchs/puma gameplay overides every other issue? If T1 is not a vialbe build order from the get go something is wrong with T1 and how it meshes with the T0 units.

I'm fine with the removal of snowflake status, but give OKW something more then a luchs rush for 90% of games. Options is what makes a faction interesting.

29 Jun 2016, 23:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2016, 22:46 PMMoLarr
Can we keep the shit posting to a minimum.

So a wait an see approach for volks seems to be the verdict, though most of the arguements against changing them seems to be early game is fine, with no mention of late game.

Obers still seem to be a bug bear, can anyone post a game in this patch where Obers actually fit well into the 1v1 meta?

Why does everyone seem to think good luchs/puma gameplay overides every other issue? If T1 is not a vialbe build order from the get go something is wrong with T1 and how it meshes with the T0 units.

I'm fine with the removal of snowflake status, but give OKW something more then a luchs rush for 90% of games. Options is what makes a faction interesting.

Obers could use a MP decrease to 360 along with a hefty vet nerf.

Buying them is just an investment into getting them to Vet4, then they become OP with suppression. Otherwise you might as well just spam StG volks and MG34's.
29 Jun 2016, 23:36 PM

Obers current role is kinda conflicted, specially the Mp44 armed variant.

But who knows, for flank guard missions they might just be what you need to face off that single harassing unit that is trying to decap while people focus on the main brawl. Or use them has flank harassers.

I haven't been able to put them to good use yet, but then again most games i tried to play with OKW so far was against seal clubbing teams exploiting the new broken mortar and cheese.
30 Jun 2016, 01:17 AM

OKW infantry can't do jackshit vs upgraded allied infantry unless somehow you manage to get 2-3 vet 5 falls/obers.

Volk STG 44 upgrade is one big trash. Obers come too late.

Too bad its almost impossible coz of the instawipe allied arty.

30 Jun 2016, 01:30 AM

OKW would be in a bit better spot if the timing of Obers was tweaked a bit like what Miragefla does in his mod - right now they almost always face an uphill battle against vetted infantry. It was okay back at launch when they came stock with MG34 w/ insane damage but after all the nerfs... meh. Ideally you'd hope that they would have timing closer to that of PZ Grens now.
30 Jun 2016, 01:48 AM

OKW would be in a bit better spot if the timing of Obers was tweaked a bit like what Miragefla does in his mod - right now they almost always face an uphill battle against vetted infantry. It was okay back at launch when they came stock with MG34 w/ insane damage but after all the nerfs... meh. Ideally you'd hope that they would have timing closer to that of PZ Grens now.

This is my big concern with Obers they arrive to late and are usually up against vetted infantry, is shifting obers to T1 to much of a game breaker? Would the option of having a shrek or a lmg be agreeable?

At the very least would open T1 builds into the meta, good synergy with being able to heal your troops and have a decent mix of AT and AI infantry supported by crewed weapons. Or a less versatile infantry mix supported by light vehicles with a T2 build, meaning a high risk, high reward payoff with vehicle rushes.
30 Jun 2016, 02:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2016, 14:37 PMMoLarr

Volks
As with previous patches once late game hits if you don't have vet, due to wipes they struggle really badly, with no real way to gain vet since now that they can't feed on vehicles. Running vet 0 Volks into the meat grinder seems to be an exercise in futility, if you can keep them alive, and get into 4-5 star vet they are really good.

-

Now you know the SU struggle with conscripts.

I can't wait for you to tell me otherwise.
30 Jun 2016, 02:55 AM

STGs =/= mp44s for godsake. One is an assault rifle, the other is a shitty smg. Get em right ffs.
30 Jun 2016, 02:55 AM

yes because u are forced to use conscripts when you have spetsnaz battalions and maxim heavy assault rifles
30 Jun 2016, 03:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2016, 01:48 AMMoLarr

This is my big concern with Obers they arrive to late and are usually up against vetted infantry, is shifting obers to T1 to much of a game breaker? Would the option of having a shrek or a lmg be agreeable?

At the very least would open T1 builds into the meta, good synergy with being able to heal your troops and have a decent mix of AT and AI infantry supported by crewed weapons. Or a less versatile infantry mix supported by light vehicles with a T2 build, meaning a high risk, high reward payoff with vehicle rushes.

I don't think so balance-wise. At this point its not much different than Penals, PZ Grens, or most Call-in Elites. Cost will always limit you from spamming them early so yeah... you could always allow Obers to be built but lock the MG34 behind T4 so they aren't *too* good early on. Though Mirage's method is a bit more conservative.

In case you didn't know what Miragefla does - he decreases price of T4 building and then requires a munitions upgrade for flak gun and an additional unlock for vehicle production - allowing you to unlock Obers faster without the cheese of fast flak lockdown.

I suppose another option would be to allow Obers to be built from HQ but require either T4 OR Med Truck + Mech - that way you don't miss out if you go T1 -> T2
30 Jun 2016, 05:55 AM

It has been proven that it is a straight up upgrade to kar98s, it improves their DPS in all ranges bar the most extreme long range.

You just talk out of your ass because you can't adapt to the new meta and blame it on the game.

Keep on behaving like a spoiled child on this thread. It will surely enhance the quality of the responses.

Im not saying its not an upgrade im saying its the WORST upgrade in the game. every single upgrade surpasses it by a large amount sometimes by an excess of 50 % on some ranges. all the while costing more or the same as the clearly superior upgrades.

combine this with the shitty 1-3 vet and vg's and you cannot compete with the regular allied infantry ever. and yes they have obers but those guys arrive to late and are to expensive.
30 Jun 2016, 05:57 AM

What a shitty analogy when the SU always relied on maxims + callin infantry.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS