Login

russian armor

Conscripts and Grenadiers DPS

28 Jun 2016, 12:11 PM

Hi guys, if there is one weapon profile that hasnt been kept upto date as much as the WFA armies its mainline EFA infantry weapons

I will be comparing them to Volksgrenadiers as they cost around the same and also use Bolt Action rifles
Now I wont be mentioning weapon upgrades at all as its about their Rifles

As we know compared to most WFA units they do higher damage but are much more inaccurate

This can lead to situations where they well let off an impressive accurate volley and instantly drop a model in an engagement or sometimes barely hit anything at all

I think both Conscripts and Grenadiers should have reduced damage but increased accuracy so they will do more consistent damage aswell as be upto date with other infantry

For example Grenadiers could do 12 damage but have accuracy just above Volks as they have 1 less man this will allow them to let off consistent damage in engagements and lead to situations were they instantly drop a model or barely hit at all less

I know not to fix what is not broken but this has been irking me for a while and I wonder if anyone else share the same thoughts as me

Damage:
Volksgrenadiers (5)- 12
Grenadiers (4)- 16
Conscripts (6)- 16

Accuracy Near:
Volksgrenadiers (5)- 0.748
Grenadiers (4)- 0.0748
Conscripts (6)- 0.541

Accuracy Mid:
Volksgrenadiers (5)- 0.713
Grenadiers (4)- 0.661
Conscripts (6)- 0.495

Accuracy Far:
Volksgrenadiers (5)- 0.679
Grenadiers (4)- 0.598
Conscripts (6)- 0.334
28 Jun 2016, 12:19 PM

Grens are already accurate and increasing the value won't achieve any groundbreaking or noticable improvement, a damage nerf would be an unwarranted overall nerf.
28 Jun 2016, 12:22 PM

Grens are already accurate and increasing the value won't achieve any groundbreaking or noticable improvement, a damage nerf would be an unwarranted overall nerf.

Volksgrenadiers are more accurate than them....
28 Jun 2016, 12:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2016, 12:11 PMmedhood

I think both Conscripts and Grenadiers should have reduced damage but increased accuracy so they will do more consistent damage aswell as be upto date with other infantry

That is always a great solution for engineers/osttrupen type of infantry, it would most certainly improve reliability of conscripts since they are already very low accuracy unit that quickly becomes ineffective above range 10 with inclusion of cover, but with grens, thing is, they already have pretty good accuracy at all ranges and changes here, if any, would need to be minor and surgical, otherwise accuracy vet could completely out-scale and negate rec acc vet.
28 Jun 2016, 12:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2016, 12:26 PMKatitof

That is always a great solution for engineers/osttrupen type of infantry, it would most certainly improve reliability of conscripts since they are already very low accuracy unit that quickly becomes ineffective above range 10 with inclusion of cover, but with grens, thing is, they already have pretty good accuracy at all ranges and changes here, if any, would need to be minor and surgical, otherwise accuracy vet could completely out-scale and negate rec acc vet.

Dont have to necessarily replace Damage with Accuracy, could also be replaced with fire rate nor have to reduce the damage down to Volks Damage either

Could for example reduce damage by 25% increase accuracy by 10% and reduce cooldown by 15%

28 Jun 2016, 12:42 PM

This guy do not cares about conscripts, he just wants grenadiers to be buffed.
28 Jun 2016, 12:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2016, 12:38 PMmedhood

Dont have to necessarily replace Damage with Accuracy, could also be replaced with fire rate nor have to reduce the damage down to Volks Damage either

Could for example reduce damage by 25% increase accuracy by 10% and reduce cooldown by 15%

And that, in case of grens, would warrant 100% accuracy at vet0 at short ranges and nullify any defensive vet in game.

That is why I'm saying it would need to be surgical.
Thing with grens(and tommies) is, they have high damage AND high accuracy already and the adjustment like that makes sense for high damage, low accuracy units, like old RETs, conscripts, especially CEs.

There are just some accuracy values you can't go over with, or the unit will end up as it did in March Deployment patch.
28 Jun 2016, 13:05 PM

Why do volks have higher long and mid range accuracy then grens? Is it because of the larger squad or is this relic logic.
28 Jun 2016, 13:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2016, 13:05 PMCrumbum
Why do volks have higher long and mid range accuracy then grens? Is it because of the larger squad or is this relic logic.

Lower damage.
Per model, they have lower DPS then grens, but per squad they are about equal.
28 Jun 2016, 13:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2016, 12:46 PMKatitof

And that, in case of grens, would warrant 100% accuracy at vet0 at short ranges and nullify any defensive vet in game.

That is why I'm saying it would need to be surgical.
Thing with grens(and tommies) is, they have high damage AND high accuracy already and the adjustment like that makes sense for high damage, low accuracy units, like old RETs, conscripts, especially CEs.

There are just some accuracy values you can't go over with, or the unit will end up as it did in March Deployment patch.

Well I guess we can think of a different solution or just leave them as it is, but Conscripts could definitely benefit from this given their terrible accuracy at all ranges

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2016, 13:05 PMCrumbum

They do 12 Damage compared to the Grenadiers 16 but have an extra man
So 60 Damage spread out over 5 models for Volks and 64 Damage spread out over 4 models for Grenadiers

28 Jun 2016, 13:28 PM

That makes sense then. As for conscripts I've always thought that they deserved the ppsh upgrade to be non doctrinal to give them some potency through the mid and late game, problem is replacing that ppsh ability in the plethora of doctrines that have it.
28 Jun 2016, 18:28 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2016, 12:11 PMmedhood
Hi guys, if there is one weapon profile that hasnt been kept upto date as much as the WFA armies its mainline EFA infantry weapons

I will be comparing them to Volksgrenadiers as they cost around the same and also use Bolt Action rifles
Now I wont be mentioning weapon upgrades at all as its about their Rifles

As we know compared to most WFA units they do higher damage but are much more inaccurate

This can lead to situations where they well let off an impressive accurate volley and instantly drop a model in an engagement or sometimes barely hit anything at all

For example Grenadiers could do 12 damage but have accuracy just above Volks as they have 1 less man this will allow them to let off consistent damage in engagements and lead to situations were they instantly drop a model or barely hit at all less

I know not to fix what is not broken but this has been irking me for a while and I wonder if anyone else share the same thoughts as me

Damage:
Volksgrenadiers (5)- 12
Grenadiers (4)- 16
Conscripts (6)- 16

Accuracy Near:
Volksgrenadiers (5)- 0.748
Grenadiers (4)- 0.0748
Conscripts (6)- 0.541

Accuracy Mid:
Volksgrenadiers (5)- 0.713
Grenadiers (4)- 0.661
Conscripts (6)- 0.495

Accuracy Far:
Volksgrenadiers (5)- 0.679
Grenadiers (4)- 0.598
Conscripts (6)- 0.334

So what DPS untis have in near, mid, far range ?
28 Jun 2016, 18:50 PM

So what DPS untis have in near, mid, far range ?

Vasa think of the accuracy as a percentage on whether a model will land a shot or not, the DPS should mostly be the same for these 3 squads as they are all Bolt Action Rifle Squads that cost 240-250mp

Accuracy Near:
Volksgrenadiers (5)- 74.8%
Grenadiers (4)- 74.8%
Conscripts (6)- 54.1%

Accuracy Mid:
Volksgrenadiers (5)- 71.3%
Grenadiers (4)- 66.1%
Conscripts (6)- 49.5%

Accuracy Far:
Volksgrenadiers (5)- 67.9%
Grenadiers (4)- 59.8%
Conscripts (6)- 33.4%
28 Jun 2016, 19:18 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2016, 18:50 PMmedhood

Vasa think of the accuracy as a percentage on whether a model will land a shot or not, the DPS should mostly be the same for these 3 squads as they are all Bolt Action Rifle Squads that cost 240-250mp

Accuracy Near:
Volksgrenadiers (5)- 74.8%
Grenadiers (4)- 74.8%
Conscripts (6)- 54.1%

Accuracy Mid:
Volksgrenadiers (5)- 71.3%
Grenadiers (4)- 66.1%
Conscripts (6)- 49.5%

Accuracy Far:
Volksgrenadiers (5)- 67.9%
Grenadiers (4)- 59.8%
Conscripts (6)- 33.4%

So wait, its clean hit DPS ? Miss shot not included here ?
29 Jun 2016, 05:10 AM

So wait, its clean hit DPS ? Miss shot not included here ?

Accuracy near for example would most like have

4/5 Volksgrenadiers hitting their target in each Volley
3/4 Grenadiers hitting their target in each Volley
3/6 Conscripts hitting their target in each Volley
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak