Login

russian armor

Zooked rifles should lose snare

• This thread is locked
PAGES (4)down
29 Jun 2016, 11:04 AM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

It is as easy as Cake. Play combined Arms and prepare some AI Units to keep the distance
29 Jun 2016, 11:34 AM

The problem here isn't riflemen with bazookas and snares, it is more that the Ostheer Panzer IV is lackluster for its cost.

Don't bother with the Ostheer Panzer IV. Just get double pak40s and get double ostwind and a couple of panzergrenadiers supported by mg42s. If you play vs a USF player that uses double USF terminator mortar, you might as well quit straight away lol.
29 Jun 2016, 19:17 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2016, 08:36 AMEsxile

As per design, use sniper, mortar, hmg to deal with it.

And the sniper and hmg are more micro intensive than USF inf while Ost mediums are also more microintensive than shermans and now jacksons are easier to use due to the self spot. All of this extra micro, yet the Ost player doesn't get rewarded, only gets to delay the game longer, hoping that the USF player eventually bleeds out of manpower. Back in CoH1, the panzer elite was the glass cannon faction and very micro intensive. But if played well, the panzer elite significantly outbleed the US player, since the panzer elite units actually have the cannon to compensate for the glass (properly handled armored cars can shred riflemen much faster than any sniper/ostwind/p4 can dream of) but Ostheer units are far more glass than cannon, therefore having a hard time bleeding and punishing the USF player for blunt head on assaults.
29 Jun 2016, 19:37 PM

Permanently Banned
The problem here isn't riflemen with bazookas and snares, it is more that the Ostheer Panzer IV is lackluster for its cost.

Don't bother with the Ostheer Panzer IV. Just get double pak40s and get double ostwind and a couple of panzergrenadiers supported by mg42s. If you play vs a USF player that uses double USF terminator mortar, you might as well quit straight away lol.

I always wanted to do this but like you're implying, the ostwind needs constant at support AND supression support which means that it is a very slow reactor to blobs since u need to shift significant number of supporting units along with the ostwind and paks and mgs don't have wheels (treads in this case) so it's a cumbersome counter to blobs but nonetheless, still a counter. And I've still paid 100 fuel for the ostwind (just 25 less than a generalist tank) and that makes me cringe everytime i get an ostwind. But in theory, your suggestion should work just don't know how much practice you'd need to master the build.
29 Jun 2016, 20:44 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Seeing the direction the thread has taken, the quality of the posts inside, the possibility Relic implementing this and the lack of any post from a credible user i'm gonna close this thread.

If OP thinks there's any valuable reason to re-open it, PM me.
PAGES (4)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS