Login

russian armor

USF didn't need a mortar.

PAGES (11)down
27 Jun 2016, 14:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2016, 09:49 AMmedhood

Rear Echelons Role would quickly lose their role as any role they fulfilled is quickly replaced by units better at it, Assault Engineers and Riflemen

But I do personally like the sound of this would have been better if USF was designed like this

For the Mechanised Doc I think Cavalry Riflemen replacing Assault Engineers would also be better

RE is still the best zook platform for USF and they scale way better than AssEng. Also early games they are the only scout/sweeper for your rifles.
27 Jun 2016, 19:24 PM

Maybe its time to boycott USF as axis players,unil relic is forced to nerf this OP bullshit.
27 Jun 2016, 19:27 PM

Just needs a slight nerf then all good, maybe bundle it into the bar/bazooka upgrade to stall it slightly as well?
8 Jul 2016, 17:46 PM

it just needs its stats modified either to shorter range/stat adjustments, change stats to wehr mortar, or change target tables to do increase damage against garrison and reduced damage to everything else.
8 Jul 2016, 22:01 PM

There is no real compromise here - the problem is axis players are not happy that they can no longer just spam MGs or occupy houses and put USF at a big disadvantage. If you gave US a mortar that only fired smoke, or decreased the price of grenades/smoke so you could throw a ton of that like people in this thread have suggested, then all the complainers would be back here saying rifle blobs were OP running concealed and clearing everything out. Give rear echelons the ability to upgrade to flame throwers early and give USF mines, and you can get rid of the mortar. Problem solved.
10 Jul 2016, 09:11 AM

USF needed a counter to MGs & buildings, especially on bad maps like semois summer & road to kharkov, where you can easily get base pinned by MGs
10 Jul 2016, 13:29 PM

USF needed a counter to MGs & buildings, especially on bad maps like semois summer & road to kharkov, where you can easily get base pinned by MGs

Relic should have implemented a Grenade Upgrade which allows inf to Throw cheap smokes over Quite a long distance and some fast, early light vehicles :crazy:
10 Jul 2016, 13:34 PM

Relic should have implemented a Grenade Upgrade which allows inf to Throw cheap smokes over Quite a long distance and some fast, early light vehicles :crazy:

Or a howitzer, like the one OKW has, but much stronger with a lot of damage and AOE. Or maybe just normal grenadesthat wipe mgs. That would really help USF.
10 Jul 2016, 13:51 PM

Usf need some kind of early indirect fire vs bunker spam strategy, if i go Lt tier how it supposed to be countered? Zooks RE? And pak howi take down bunkers too slowly.
10 Jul 2016, 14:02 PM

Usf need some kind of early indirect fire vs bunker spam strategy, if i go Lt tier how it supposed to be countered? Zooks RE? And pak howi take down bunkers too slowly.

Bunker spam wtf you talking about

Bunker spam is a stupid thing to do, besides, one at gun will fuck any German emplacement/bunker
10 Jul 2016, 14:15 PM

USF mortar is broken. There is no doubt. Just wait for a fix.
10 Jul 2016, 14:23 PM

Yes they do. But Relic didn't give us the fully tested 61mm mortar, they instead gave us the unbalanced piece of shit we have in game now. That thing is OP.
10 Jul 2016, 15:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jul 2016, 14:02 PMDomine

Bunker spam wtf you talking about

Bunker spam is a stupid thing to do, besides, one at gun will fuck any German emplacement/bunker
Sure but i need captain and at gun, vs usf not so stupid without mortar cause you need something to destroy bunker, and you only have zooks that don't solve your problem without smoke. I can't wait for an at gun to destroy some well placed bunkers.
11 Jul 2016, 01:51 AM

Smoke nades are munition dependent, which you wont have if you got the whole map locked down by mg42s. teching for nades will slow down rest of teching as well. m20 can easily be countered by 222 & vet 1 ability on mg42 while being soft counter by mg42 basic attacks. lastly, pac howi comes out too late to turn the tide if you get most of the map taken from you by mg spam.
11 Jul 2016, 02:13 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Smoke nades are munition dependent, which you wont have if you got the whole map locked down by mg42s. teching for nades will slow down rest of teching as well. m20 can easily be countered by 222 & vet 1 ability on mg42 while being soft counter by mg42 basic attacks. lastly, pac howi comes out too late to turn the tide if you get most of the map taken from you by mg spam.

I've said it before, that the teching is the problem in USF and denies so much combined arms. As UKF for example you go through only 1 phase of teching till tanks while usf has 2.

It should be more like that general things like the 50.cal, AT Gun and the pack howie, should be avaiable with LT or Captain. But a mortar was not a good idea, especially not in tier zero, so you should lock it behind tech, which would be LT then. So then you still have the same problem though.

And as i mentioned way earlier when the CE mod hit, USF does not need a mortar, they just need easier access to combined arms
11 Jul 2016, 03:39 AM
Patrion 27

Perhaps make the mortar available in the HQ after teching for your first officer. After fixing the mortar sight bug and balancing it a bit of course.
11 Jul 2016, 04:36 AM

Adding the mortar was never something I'm against by any means. USF has very little opening playstyle and I find the mortar a fresh option to really kick up some new style.

I like to believe most of the concern at the moment is more so on it's reliable accuracy that really overwhelms players who find their healthy squads being reduced to dangerously low health or simply wiped by one or two shots that come in short and consecutive barrages. I don't understand the whole reason why it would be pushed out with such high capabilities since the reasoning behind it is a cheap artillery that would help remove static defenses. At the moment it provides so much more than that. In the future, I'm sure relic will help fix that.
11 Jul 2016, 06:22 AM

Apparently because USF now have mortar we could remove these Smokenades and firing pit riflegrenade countering MGs and such, as they now have mortar so why would they need them?
Appart from fixing the bugs/features there are couple of thing from axis point of view what should be enhanced now.

- (p/as)Gren healing, it should heal the whole squad and come from 0-vet... Only way on start to keep them fighting in the field against USF.

- Give OKW some anti MG weapons too (tier-0), even a smokenade as it is not a counter against MGs cause USF needet mortar to counter them, its rly stupid to run around a building with Spios to kill Vickers/maxim inside that only when those LEROY rushes succeed.

[RANT]
From the games played as USF i never had problems against MG. When they started to bog me down well hello there mr. packhowi, how would you like this napalm shot to your face which bugs so much you cant even see it before it has killed your squad.
Now with using the mortar its even more easier forcing OST to use doctrines that spam infantry as they need to be more mobile than static.

Maybe in the next balance patch we could have '30 cal. In tier-0 because all those asgrens, ostruppens and stortroopers need suppression to not kill our precious mortars.

Edit: And to make it line with last usf balance patch it should have setup time and crew of the maxim, Field of fire and suppression from MG42, Damage and range from the Vickers and possibility to suppress farther than the range is like '50cal.
[/RANT]
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight