Login

russian armor

USF didn't need a mortar.

PAGES (11)down
25 Jun 2016, 13:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2016, 02:35 AMArclyte

I guess fighting the copy/pasted version of the wehr mortar suddenly makes the unit "OP".

why am I not surprised

copy pasted ? god the bias can make people blind lol.
25 Jun 2016, 13:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2016, 06:29 AMBudwise
LOL, just give them everything at T0. Rifles with Zookas, Nades, AT Nades, Smoke, BAR, and LMG, with a mortar now in case you're so retarded you can't flank an MG with the above. Sounds good!

Imagine if Volks got all that LOL, people would riot in the streets.

No-no-no it would be OP, thats why volks with zero AI power cant have StG right from the start and thats why OKW MG34 would be OP right from the start.

Best main line inf, which can be beated only by static weapons, now have T0 mortar cover, allowing them to skip nades and rush Stuart faster ... this is fine.

haha zooks and nades with ambulance are soo stronk in early game relic pls delete this mortar cuz rifle spam should be only viable early strategy. who cares that okw get mg, stg packege, panzerfaust and panzershrek is still here and they even add LeFH to okw. let's be serious this mortar need to be like soviet or wermaht mortar and thats it.. BUT bu.t granade smoke !! Relic nerf all granades range when u are suppress so free smoke now from mortar isnt crime i guess

Yeah, so true. Its not like USF still will spam rifles and mortar just making already strongest main line inf even more stronger and countering rifles counters.

Its not like volks are the worst main line inf in case of damage, and ofcouse its not like StG pakage awaible only at like 5-6 mins of the game. And surly they wont suck with it and will beat rifles 1v1.

Its not like MG\Schreck\nades awaible only after you builded T1 and USF already had plenty of time to dominate you.

And surely only noobs wont build LeFH right after they got 600 MP, because its costs 0 CP
25 Jun 2016, 15:01 PM

lol,allied fanboys saying great patch,mortar just need a little nerf...lol trying to deceive lelic...well the might judging by previous patches
25 Jun 2016, 15:52 PM

Adding a mortar doesn't add that much variety. In COH1 WSC start gave more variety because you had access to an entire different group of units. But replacing 1 rifle with 1 mortar is hardly more diversity. USF is just a terrible faction, a basic as fuck early game faction can still be good if it has interesting mid/late game choices, and USF does not.
25 Jun 2016, 15:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2016, 02:35 AMArclyte

I guess fighting the copy/pasted version of the wehr mortar suddenly makes the unit "OP".

why am I not surprised

Hahahahahah, mg spam no longer works, delicious scrubstrerlitz tears.
25 Jun 2016, 16:04 PM

pm41 - grw34
pack howie - leig
MORTAR PIT!!!
It's very strange indeed they added mortar, moreover to T0 without any requirements (like okw mg34 from T0 requires any tier).
25 Jun 2016, 17:44 PM

Why bitch about balance now when there was a balance test mod to discuss this?
25 Jun 2016, 18:34 PM

Why bitch about balance now when there was a balance test mod to discuss this?

For one thing, the current USF mortar is apparently not the same as the 60mm mortar in the balance mod - it's quite a bit better.
25 Jun 2016, 18:35 PM

copy pasted ? god the bias can make people blind lol.

Maybe you can first check facts. It's lot better then ost counterpart. I played US few times and it is OP as hell. After few games I stopped playing US. That much boring is how much OP that unit is.
25 Jun 2016, 18:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2016, 18:34 PMDaciaJC

For one thing, the current USF mortar is apparently not the same as the 60mm mortar in the balance mod - it's quite a bit better.

wasn't this acknowledged as a stats bug? and wasn't that alleviated in the J23 patch?
25 Jun 2016, 19:05 PM

wasn't this acknowledged as a stats bug? and wasn't that alleviated in the J23 patch?
No it still has like half the scatter and fires almost twice as fast as the ostheer mortar. The patch only removed the super range.
25 Jun 2016, 19:15 PM

Yes, but it's still much, much better than the preview mortar and still better than any other mortar.
nee
25 Jun 2016, 23:29 PM

I would have just made it a 0CP call-in for a number of USF commanders.

Or even made it a Fighting Position upgrade; upgrade it to mortar position, and any unit you put in will fire mortars.
26 Jun 2016, 08:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2016, 23:29 PMnee
I would have just made it a 0CP call-in for a number of USF commanders.

Or even made it a Fighting Position upgrade; upgrade it to mortar position, and any unit you put in will fire mortars.

People cry cancer for any static positions in this game. That would probably not be welcomed.

I'm more in the camp that believes usf did not need a mortar in t0 but simply a price reduction on the cost to throw grenades and smoke. something like a 30-50% decrease in munitions.

miragefla's changes to damage seem good but that would just make a useless mortar in the mid/late game.

pinpoint accuracy with a long travel time seems like the best stat change for the mortar. this allows it to counter mg's. it's primary reason for existing i presume
26 Jun 2016, 09:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jun 2016, 17:01 PMGenObi
I concur, a smaller 60 mm moarter would be fine or some nerfs to damage.

Iam gonna be honest, this is text book example of bad design. Units like the WC50 and Combat Engineers shouldnt be in a doc but come in as standard units in tier 0.

For Wc 51 unit give them rangers in that doc. For the combat engiees76 mm sherman.

Your units choices from the start would be Rears Comb Engiees, Rifles and Truck. Think of the openings! Need close quarter combat with flamer get a engiee, have a open area ? Get a truck. The flexibility that is suppose to be there would be represented by the unit choices to tackle different scenarios.

Combat engiees and trucks wouldnt change the dynamic of the match much other then adding options then just rifles.

Rear Echelons Role would quickly lose their role as any role they fulfilled is quickly replaced by units better at it, Assault Engineers and Riflemen

But I do personally like the sound of this would have been better if USF was designed like this

For the Mechanised Doc I think Cavalry Riflemen replacing Assault Engineers would also be better
26 Jun 2016, 20:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2016, 09:49 AMmedhood

Rear Echelons Role would quickly lose their role as any role they fulfilled is quickly replaced by units better at it, Assault Engineers and Riflemen

But I do personally like the sound of this would have been better if USF was designed like this

For the Mechanized Doc I think Cavalry Riflemen replacing Assault Engineers would also be better

well not really, rears can still be used to crew abandon vehicles, use mine sweepers and other utility jobs like capturing area. they are 200 mp vs a 280 short range squad.
27 Jun 2016, 06:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2016, 18:35 PMMettiu

Maybe you can first check facts. It's lot better then ost counterpart. I played US few times and it is OP as hell. After few games I stopped playing US. That much boring is how much OP that unit is.

And maybe you should try reading before replying blindly to people, that's exactly what i meant, it's NOT copy pasted from the wher mortar.
27 Jun 2016, 07:02 AM

(posted in wrong thread)
27 Jun 2016, 07:49 AM

Mortar comes out in every single match against USF and totally dumpsters the MG, the only way Ostheer can contend with the constant rifleman spamming which also goes on in the majority of matches.

Allies right now seem to have too many tools available given the extreme strength of their mainline infantry units.

Matches have been laughably one-sided since the patch. That one particular "exploit" mechanic with USF armor is also being seen in every other match to add insult to injury.
27 Jun 2016, 08:04 AM

Remove mortar.

50cal in T0 and swap pak howie with AAHT. Add scot in CPT tier after making it a little more expensive. Add Calliope in Major tech. Add M4A3R3 "Zippo" flame tank to "Tactical support" commander. USF made great again.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 33
Russian Federation 100

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak